• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt4Knob
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Dec 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Newton would cost too much in terms of what it would take to consummate the trade, as well as the obvious dent in our cap. Although it must be remembered that Cam has been a league MVP, I believe Rivers is essentially a cap casualty.

Regarding Golden Domers, Julian Okwara and Troy Pride are slotted nicely, PONs,
    and ought to be of interest. See Melvin Ingram's contract and MDavis' circumstances.
    Whatever the QB -need to build up the OL.

I get that about Cam but dollars work in mysterious ways with the cap - Cam is owed 18.6m this year. You can re work the numbers. Maybe give him a bit of a raise but still keep his cap number at 19m thats not bad

Comment

• Scrap
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • South Dakota
      • Send PM

#ThankYouPhilip

Comment

• blueman
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Good news for Tua Tagovailoa. The Alabama product's latest CT scan showed that his fracture has healed and his hip's …

Weird same day news?

Comment

• El_Tee
          I’m No Noob
          • Sep 2019
          • Disney World, FL
          • Send PM

It’s possible to both be sad about the news but also excited for the future. Doesn’t have to be mutually exclusive.

I hear some people that are going to quit cheering for the team. That’s too bad. He was going to leave at some point for some reason, and our team has 52 other guys.

Comment

• Boltgang74
            We Are The Storm!
            • Aug 2018
            • Send PM

Maybe alotta folks are just dog tired of the idiotic moves of this teams f.o. and more so the owners.Rivers would have done much better with a better o line and real coaching staff.But the spaznos are unable to make that happen and paying customers are really gettin disgusted with it.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
              Oline-Tip of the Spear...
              • Feb 2019
              • McLean Illinois
              • Pipefitter Illinois State University
              • Send PM

Terribly saddened by this news....I guess a part of me...a much larger part than I would have believed...thought he would return for a year or two, to bridge and tutor a rookie QB.

But I am relieved that if this is the way it's gonna be, at least it is done and over...and am becoming excited at the beginning of a new era for the Chargers.

Thank You Phil....and you never let down this organization...they let you down. Here is to hoping they get it right in the near future. Wherever you go, I will be an instant fan(unless you play the bolts!), and if you retire, I will still be a fan of a great football player and family man, and hopefully coach to a lot of young people, mentoring them in a game that no one loved any more than you did while you were in this league. Peace be with you...always.
              The TPB makes plans....And Jim Harbaugh laughs...

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Budsman
                Registered Charger Fan
                • May 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post
                Maybe alotta folks are just dog tired of the idiotic moves of this teams f.o. and more so the owners.Rivers would have done much better with a better o line and real coaching staff.But the spaznos are unable to make that happen and paying customers are really gettin disgusted with it.
                This. I’ve put my heart and soul into this team for the last 20+ years. I’ve bled blue and gold, enjoyed the highs and held the line during the lows. But I’m just worn out with this franchise. Rivers was the last string that kept me attached after repeated slaps in the face (I won’t rehash them all you guys know what they are).

Rivers to me earned the right to play as a charger until HE decided to hang them up. Rivers has more play in him and after seeing how the FO gave him no help when it was obvious it was needed and allowed him to take the fall for their failings I’m done.

Im no longer a Fanatic, I’ll be an interested observer. I’ll root for them to do well but I ill tell my kids to stop buying me chargers socks for Christmas and I won’t pay for nfl Sunday ticket again. I wont irritate my wife with my occasional cheers and loud outbursts on Sundays. I’m going to find something else to do with my time and just float away from this team.

Who knows ill probably watch some of the games of the team he signs with and maybe depending on how they treat him, I’ll choose to become a fan of them. Then again maybe not.

Either way im no longer a Chargers FANATIC, I’m now a Chargers observer.
                Last edited by Budsman; 02-10-2020, 06:13 PM.

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Aug 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post
                  I don't know how some fans live with themselves. Think about all the losing that drives people's interest away.

AL is a horrible coach. I don't know what TommyJohns see in him.

They better draft one of the top QB prospects in the draft. Because I don't want to see Tyrod Taylor starting.

Comment

• Caslon
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Apr 2019
                    • Send PM

Op-ed: The San Diego city council are the ones who screwed Rivers by refusing to accept the Spanos' proposal to develop the land surrounding the stadium in exchange for a new stadium which would have kept Rivers in San Diego where he and the Chargers belonged in the first place. The council thought it was too sweet a deal for the Spanos'. Now look at the situation. Renting a place from Kronke in a city that has even less interest in pro football. The city council ain't getting squat for that land and the Spanos' aren't sitting pretty either.

Comment

• blueman
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Caslon View Post
                      Op-ed: The San Diego city council are the ones who screwed Rivers by refusing to accept the Spanos' proposal to develop the land surrounding the stadium in exchange for a new stadium which would have kept Rivers in San Diego where he and the Chargers belonged in the first place. The council thought it was too sweet a deal for the Spanos'. Now look at the situation. Renting a place from Kronke in a city that has even less interest in pro football. The city council ain't getting squat for that land and the Spanos' aren't sitting pretty either.
                      Wonder if those morons have any regrets. Likely not.

Comment

• JOJAX85
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Sep 2018
                        • Irmo, SC
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

Wonder if those morons have any regrets. Likely not.
                        It is indeed really sad. 2 egos who both lost & gained nothing just for the sake of not bending at all.

There were a lot of fence sitter fans who stuck by the team solely because of the players. The departure of Rivers & Gates' retirement may have gotten a lot of them to finally jump off. I'm still hanging on, but it's mostly because my pants are hung on a nail. If they bring in Cam or Brady...

Comment

• captaind
                          Cook This Pork Chops
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Mars
                          • Ball Holder
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
                          And again i keep bringing up the Lynn vision. Its not a glued to the ground QB. This was a forward thinking hire. A move towards more of what we are seeing in college. It was tipped off with Lynns love affair with Jones. That failed. Taylor was the next chip to fall. Then Stick. All have the same RPO style history. Whiz getting axed. And then Rivers being given the respect of not being benched. He was done here for a while now. I dont think he was ever part of the long term plan. I dont think he "Fits" into the type of offense Lynn wants us to run.
                          By the time this organization rebuilds into this "vision," defenses will have adapted and this fad of the unstoppable mobile qb will have come & gone like every other fad. It's only temporary.

I don't even know that I would call it a vision. Visions necessitate original thought. This is just being a copycat.

I'm trying to envision Tyrod Taylor as the starting qb. You know what I see? Empty seats. Now there's a vision that doesn't take a crystal ball.

If Tyrod Taylor is the answer to the question, then it was a stupid fucking question.

Gonna be an interesting offseason to be sure.

Comment

Working...
                          X