• Show
Clear All
  • richpjr
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Nashville
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Kingcrimson View Post
    Just like I said that rivers moving meant rivers was gone from here, people were saying no he’ll commute or live in LA or be in SD by himself. Too much of a family man to leave his family behind.

now on this Tyrod topic.. it’s all about schemes. If they invest in o-line, this will be the most loaded offense Tyrod has had. He had Greg Roman as OC in Buffalo. I think he’ll be fine with Lynn and Steichen. I don’t count Cleveland in his resume cuz that team was a total mess. Yes, it’s a low ceiling because he can’t carry this team, but I have faith that this team is talented enough to win just by not turning the ball over like Phil did. People are also underestimating how accurate his deep ball is. Oh and richpjr your argument is him being sacked twice the amount of Philip is invalid. Russell Wilson also gets sacked 40-50 times a season.
    This place is funny. When people bring up “excuses” for Rivers play like the play calling and lack of talent on the oline, they are criticized with it, yet somehow it’s okay to rationalize why a career journeyman QB failed in Buffalo. Taylor is not a deep ball thrower and never has been. His average yards per attempt for his entire career is 7.0. That is the epitome of a dink and dunk QB. He had to take a $10 million pay cut after the 2017 season or the Bills were going to cut him. The next year he was benched as the starting QB on a 5-4 team in the mix of the playoff race for a 5th round draft pick. Think about that - his coaching staff was so unhappy with his lack of production that they actually thought Nathan Peterman would be better than him. And then they cut him after the season. And this is guy who is suddenly going to be the savior under brilliant coaching of Lynn and Steichen. Yikes.

Comment

• Boltgang74
      We Are The Storm!
      • Aug 2018
      • Send PM

This

Comment

• blueman
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

So Rivers gets a pass for having bad Olines, but no such regard for Taylor playing in flipping Buffalo?? Has he ever had a HOF RB/TE combo to dump off to like Brees and Rivers? Hell he won’t next season, hang him high now!

Comment

• blueman
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Also, has anyone noted the next thing TT said? That they would also explore external options? And then Lynn says Taylor will have a chance to compete for the starter’s job? Panties, start bunching!

Comment

• Kingcrimson
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Nov 2019
            • Send PM

Ok tell me this, is rivers still the answer for the next 2 years? Do you wanna be strapped signing him for 30-40m for 1-2 more years? Think we can win now? Even if we make the right moves, I still think we don’t. Again, I’ll state this, Tyrod has a LOW CEILING we all know that. Comparable to Alex smith. Solid qb but neither are the long term answer for any team that’s why KC took a shot at Mahomes. That’s why they gave peterman a Chance. Call it garbage minutes but when we were up 40 on buffalo, tyrod actually led some solid drives cutting the lead. Fine blame the organization for not giving Rivers more shots at the chip during his prime, but he’s no longer up there. Even at Rivers best he’ll give you 4,000 yards, 31 tds 12 ints. At tyrods best he’ll give you 2700 yards 20 tds 6 ints 400 yards rushing 5 rush tds. One player is signed basically close to minimum while the other one is worth 30m more. I’d take a QB now. Sit him a year. Build the team. By the time he’s ready, we’ll be in a good position to go on a run.

Comment

• Topcat
              AKA "Pollcat"
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

This place is funny. When people bring up “excuses” for Rivers play like the play calling and lack of talent on the oline, they are criticized with it, yet somehow it’s okay to rationalize why a career journeyman QB failed in Buffalo. Taylor is not a deep ball thrower and never has been. His average yards per attempt for his entire career is 7.0. That is the epitome of a dink and dunk QB. He had to take a $10 million pay cut after the 2017 season or the Bills were going to cut him. The next year he was benched as the starting QB on a 5-4 team in the mix of the playoff race for a 5th round draft pick. Think about that - his coaching staff was so unhappy with his lack of production that they actually thought Nathan Peterman would be better than him. And then they cut him after the season. And this is guy who is suddenly going to be the savior under brilliant coaching of Lynn and Steichen. Yikes.
              Loyal Lynn must see himself as the ultimate QB whisperer..."u can do it, Tyrod...you can do it..."

Comment

• blueman
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Kingcrimson View Post
                Ok tell me this, is rivers still the answer for the next 2 years? Do you wanna be strapped signing him for 30-40m for 1-2 more years? Think we can win now? Even if we make the right moves, I still think we don’t. Again, I’ll state this, Tyrod has a LOW CEILING we all know that. Comparable to Alex smith. Solid qb but neither are the long term answer for any team that’s why KC took a shot at Mahomes. That’s why they gave peterman a Chance. Call it garbage minutes but when we were up 40 on buffalo, tyrod actually led some solid drives cutting the lead. Fine blame the organization for not giving Rivers more shots at the chip during his prime, but he’s no longer up there. Even at Rivers best he’ll give you 4,000 yards, 31 tds 12 ints. At tyrods best he’ll give you 2700 yards 20 tds 6 ints 400 yards rushing 5 rush tds. One player is signed basically close to minimum while the other one is worth 30m more. I’d take a QB now. Sit him a year. Build the team. By the time he’s ready, we’ll be in a good position to go on a run.
                Solid take.

Comment

• Boltgang74
                  We Are The Storm!
                  • Aug 2018
                  • Send PM

Yeah we may all just end up havin to witness what Tierod's best actually is.Heres to hoping its some mind blowin next level sh#@.

Comment

• blueman
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post
                    Yeah we may all just end up havin to witness what Tierod's best actually is.Heres to hoping its some mind blowin next level sh#@.
                    Does it really have to be? 5-11? Average would be cool, especially in the red zone.

Comment

• Boltgang74
                      We Are The Storm!
                      • Aug 2018
                      • Send PM

Average is probably about what we're gonna get.

Comment

• MakoShark
                        Disgruntled
                        • Jun 2013
                        • North Alabama
                        • Send PM

This is the plan the Spanii want to take into the new stadium? Are they purposely trying to bankrupt the team? This will be unwatchable. Tyrod at QB, pffft, might as well hold an open tryout. Where's that barf smiley....:killme:
                        sigpic

Comment

• chargerkdb
                          Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Hotter than hell, Georgia
                          • Send PM

What’s with all the Tyrod hate. He was clearly brought in as the stop gap/ transition guy. Is he going to be MVP? No but he has lead a less talented team to the playoffs. Everyone acting like it’s Craig Whelihan 2.0. We need a steady vet presence that won’t create a ton of turnovers and he checks that box.

Comment

Working...
                          X