• Show
Clear All
  • ChargingBolts
    Superbowl?
    • Sep 2018
    • Los Angeles/Chicago
    • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Once Phil beats Tom in an actual game there can be a discussion.
    Yards are only one statistical category. Phil 20/8 did own Tom 8/4 in the INT & FUMBLES categories for sure.
    Bellycheat > Brady

Will see this year how they possibly fare without one another.

Comment

• SDBORN
      Registered Charger Fan
      • May 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

On TD's to picks last year, Brady was much better. Interesting that they BOTH had an 88 rating:

image.png

image.png

And look at Bradys options at receiver. He basically had a banged up Edelman who was dropping the ball left and right. Nuff said.

I've seen Rivers and Manning's football IQ discussed in the same paragraph on this board. Unfortunately Rivers was good at outsmarting himself often, confusing his own teammates, trying to do too much and locking onto receivers while ignoring wide open options. His situational football decisions were poor for veteran QB IMO. There just is no comparison when it comes to guys like Brady or P. Manning.

Was the oline poor? Yes it was. But I've seen him do the same thing time and time again even when he has time over the years.

It seems fans just got too attached to Rivers cuz of the awesome stats (yards, tds) . I dunno what the future holds at qb position for the Chargers, but am glad we are finally moving on.
      Last edited by SDBORN; 02-16-2020, 10:00 PM.

Comment

• jamrock
        lawyers, guns and money
        • Sep 2017
        • Send PM

It will be shocking if Brady isn’t a Patriot

Comment

• like54ninjas
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Oct 2017
          • Great White North
          • Draftnik
          • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
          For sure.
          My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
          K9
          Nasir
          Tillery
          Parham
          Reed

Comment

• 21&500
            Bolt Spit-Baller
            • Sep 2018
            • A Whale's Vajayjay
            • CMB refugee
            • Send PM

I won’t be shocked if Brady left NE
            NE should still be the favorite but
            I think Tom genuinely despises Belichick
            and thinks he can win without him and is motivated to prove it.
            I called Dallas my dark-horse team LONG before Michael Irving said anything, and still think it’s a possibility
            G-Ro knows.

Comment

• powderblueboy
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
              Long time Boston area sports reporter Artie Spander opined yesterday that he thinks its over between the Patriots and Brady - too much bad blood.

Says he's probably going to the Raiders.

Comment

• SDBORN
                Registered Charger Fan
                • May 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Long time Boston area sports reporter Artie Spander opined yesterday that he thinks its over between the Patriots and Brady - too much bad blood.

Says he's probably going to the Raiders.
                They are supposedly going to offer 60 mil for 2 years.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by SDBORN View Post

They are supposedly going to offer 60 mil for 2 years.
                  It will be interesting if he signs with them...that means brady sees something in the raiders that makes them a legitimate super bowl team....

which would mean 4 automatic losses next year. Donkeys, with their young qb can only improve.

Chargers can't sit in the cellar for long without losing ever last fan

Comment

• SDBORN
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • May 2017
                    • Send PM

It will be interesting if he signs with them...that means brady sees something in the raiders that makes them a legitimate super bowl team....

which would mean 4 automatic losses next year. Donkeys, with their young qb can only improve.

Chargers can't sit in the cellar for long without losing ever last fan
                    I agree. The thought of facing Brady and mahomes each twice a year for the next 2 years, while standing pat with tyrod at the helm is scary. Tyrod has a low ceiling, and from a fans perspective doesn't bring much excitement for the new stadium era.

Anthony Lynn has a vision, which he will probably be allowed to carry out this coming year. I just don't think it's going to work the way he is envisioning it.

Whatever the Chargers do next year at QB (whether Tyrod or FA), they need to draft a QB in the first round IMO. I hope they don't see Tyrod as the long term solution at the position.

​​​

Comment

• like54ninjas
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Oct 2017
                      • Great White North
                      • Draftnik
                      • Send PM

I agree. The thought of facing Brady and mahomes each twice a year for the next 2 years, while standing pat with tyrod at the helm is scary. Tyrod has a low ceiling, and from a fans perspective doesn't bring much excitement for the new stadium era.

Anthony Lynn has a vision, which he will probably be allowed to carry out this coming year. I just don't think it's going to work the way he is envisioning it.

Whatever the Chargers do next year at QB (whether Tyrod or FA), they need to draft a QB in the first round IMO. I hope they don't see Tyrod as the long term solution at the position.

​​​
                      Tyrod will be 31 before this season starts. He is not the long term solution.
                      Fun fact Tyrod and TB12 have the same BDay.

MikeDub
                      K9
                      Nasir
                      Tillery
                      Parham
                      Reed

Comment

• powderblueboy
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2017
                        • Send PM

​​​
                        His 'vision' seems to be building a strong defense, with emphasis on running the ball well on offense.
                        The quarterback's role will be mitigated to being a mobile game manager who can keep defenses honest, and scramble for first downs on occasions.
                        It's not really a vision and preparing a team to execute and exploit other's weaknesses is still fundamental regardless of your system.

Feeney & Tevi are good run blockers...which might mean that they are here to stay. They didn't fit in when Rivers was qb...but that wasn't the thought process.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Oct 2017
                          • Great White North
                          • Draftnik
                          • Send PM

His 'vision' seems to be building a strong defense, with emphasis on running the ball well on offense.
                          Having a game manager for quarterback who is mobile, can keep defenses honest, and scramble for first downs on occasions.

Feeney & Tevi are good run blockers...which might mean that they are here to stay. They didn't fit in when Rivers was qb...but that wasn't the thought process.
                          Valid and insightful.

I see a path forward with Feeney at OC. The coaching staff have had him take significant snaps in PS. This seemed to translate to him being OC2 in the regular season until Forrest injury.

What does an IOL of LAMP-FEENEY-TEVI look like if we acquire better talent at ROT?

If the team keeps Okung ( I wouldn’t but think team does / Pipkins seen as future LOT )
                          ADVANTAGES.......
                          - last season was just a blip
                          - results when in lineup have been solid to excellent
                          - strong season gives him FA value resulting in comp pick for 2022
                          - has leadership/mentoring role
                          - can target day 2 OTs (Naing, Cleveland, Durant, Adams, Wilson, Jones, Wanogho, Peart)
                          ​​​​​​​DISADVANTAGES......
                          ​​​​​​​
                          - health/injury ?s
                          - Cap hit

​​​​​​​Maybe something like this.....
                          ​​​​​​
                          ​​​​​​​OKUNG-LAMP-FEENEY-TEVI-NAING

MikeDub
                          K9
                          Nasir
                          Tillery