POLL: Should The Bolts Trade Up For Tua?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • like54ninjas
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Oct 2017
    • Great White North
    • Draftnik
    • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
    Interesting read.
    My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
    K9
    Nasir
    Tillery
    Parham
    Reed

Comment

• chargeroo
      Fan since 1961
      • Jan 2019
      • Oregon
      • Retired Manager/Pastor
      • Send PM

To me, it's not just the hip injury that scares me about Tua, it's the number of injuries he had. I sure hope they don't trade up to take him because I think he'll have injury problems in the NFL.
      THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
        To me, it's not just the hip injury that scares me about Tua, it's the number of injuries he had. I sure hope they don't trade up to take him because I think he'll have injury problems in the NFL.
        Agree...that read was interesting and he healed fast but wait til he gets hit again and a 300 lb DL lands on him....or when Feeney gets shoved into him rolling up on his weak ankles.

Comment

• powderblueboy
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
          I heard how Tua was injured in the game against LSU, but he still (almost) matched Burrow td for td.

Miami has to reckon that their Oline is craptastic. Their 2nd first round pick pushes them out of range of the top 4 OTs.

I would stay put if i were Telesco: if Tua is gone, he has other great options.

The fear is that the panicky Spanos push Telesco towards a bad decision.

Comment

• richpjr
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Nashville
            • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

I heard how Tua was injured in the game against LSU, but he still (almost) matched Burrow td for td.

Miami has to reckon that their Oline is craptastic. Their 2nd first round pick pushes them out of range of the top 4 OTs.

It's always interesting that people think that Spanos forces Telesco into doing things he really doesn't want to. How would anyone here know that TT doesn't absolutely love Tua? If not for the injuries, which clearly have to be a major factor in taking him or not, he might be the first pick in the draft.

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Dont recall if he was hurt but he didnt miss a snap.

Tua 21-40, 418, 4-1 sacked 5 times
              Burrow 31-39, 393, 3-0 sacked 0 times

Comment

• Boltgang74
                We Are The Storm!
                • Aug 2018
                • Send PM

I guess a big difference would be was Borrows line that much better than Tua's or was Tua doin a little too much runnin around?

Comment

• powderblueboy
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

It's always interesting that people think that Spanos forces Telesco into doing things he really doesn't want to. How would anyone here know that TT doesn't absolutely love Tua? If not for the injuries, which clearly have to be a major factor in taking him or not, he might be the first pick in the draft.
                  There was talk awhile back involving the curious decision to pick Yung Ku over Josh Lambo, although Yung Ku did not make a field goal attempt in the preseason.
                  It was noted that there are 100,000 + Korean-Americans in the Los Angeles metro market.

Did TT want to spend 30 million a year to get Brady? Or was that Spanos suggesting to him that it would be very important for the organization to bring in a big name to boost attendance?

You're right. We will never know if TT wants to take the risk/reward that Tua presents by moving up.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2017
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Dont recall if he was hurt but he didnt miss a snap.

Tua 21-40, 418, 4-1 sacked 5 times
                    Burrow 31-39, 393, 3-0 sacked 0 times
                    I heard it from someone like Bucky Brooks on the radio.

Comment

• gzubeck
                      Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Tucson, AZ
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Kingcrimson View Post

No they won’t.
                      Rape Trade!

Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• jubei
                        Vagabond Ninja
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Send PM

so what if Burrows made a huge jump between this last season and the season before? Could it be that he actually blossomed talent-wise and cognitive-wise? maybe that's all it was...he put it all together. he sure did look much better than lawrence when it was head to head. sure lawrence may have the raw athletic talent but so did that nimwit that played for the titans years back...forgot his name...the guy who ran into Merriman and flopped and then got his coach to call dirty hits on Merriman. How many super athletes have bombed as QBs. I STILL cant believe the donks drafted tebow. and what if lawrence has peaked? it's ALL a crapshoot so you just gotta go by what was on tape and hope for the best...oh and bring in the right people to develop systems that work.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jul 2017
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by jubei View Post
                          so what if Burrows made a huge jump between this last season and the season before? Could it be that he actually blossomed talent-wise and cognitive-wise? maybe that's all it was...he put it all together. he sure did look much better than lawrence when it was head to head. sure lawrence may have the raw athletic talent but so did that nimwit that played for the titans years back...forgot his name...the guy who ran into Merriman and flopped and then got his coach to call dirty hits on Merriman. How many super athletes have bombed as QBs. I STILL cant believe the donks drafted tebow. and what if lawrence has peaked? it's ALL a crapshoot so you just gotta go by what was on tape and hope for the best...oh and bring in the right people to develop systems that work.
                          They haven't drafted a good quarterback since....well, never!
                          :exparrot:

Comment

Working...
                          X