POLL: Should The Bolts Trade Up For Tua?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Topcat
    replied
    Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

Moving up three spots...a second should be plenty. Anything more is just stupid. maybe a third in next years draft tops but nothing more this year.
    Agree...in his early years, TT regularly threw away multiple picks for players that were sometimes good, but sometimes just not worth the picks...hopefully he doesn't go nuts with trading up picks this time...especially with a draft as deep as this one in several positions...

Leave a comment:

• gzubeck
    replied
    Originally posted by Kingcrimson View Post
    Lol the Washington Post has us trading our 1st, 2nd, and 4th to the Detroit Lions to select....

get this....

Justin Herbert.
    Moving up three spots...a second should be plenty. Anything more is just stupid. maybe a third in next years draft tops but nothing more this year.

Leave a comment:

• Kingcrimson
    replied
    Lol the Washington Post has us trading our 1st, 2nd, and 4th to the Detroit Lions to select....

get this....

Justin Herbert.

Leave a comment:

• Boltjolt
    replied
    Originally posted by Velo View Post
    Gilbert Manzano of the OC Register opines the Chargers appear to be gearing up to draft Tua. He cites as evidence beefing up the right side of the line while not overly concerned about the hole at LT.

https://www.ocregister.com/2020/04/1...ua-tagovailoa/
    Not buying those tired reasons. And we still got a draft to go. We're we supposed to fix every OL spot and n free agency?
    Bulaga wasn't a blind spot OT for Rodgers. Why can't pundits just come to the simple conclusion that the right side of our OL sucked and a RT is cheaper to sign than a LT?

Leave a comment:

• Velo
    replied
    Gilbert Manzano of the OC Register opines the Chargers appear to be gearing up to draft Tua. He cites as evidence beefing up the right side of the line while not overly concerned about the hole at LT.

A fresh start with new uniforms, logos, a 70,000-seat stadium, and new young quarterback can solve their issues.

Leave a comment:

• beachcomber
    replied
    Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I actually think I would rather trade up for Hurts to 31 (Niners) just for the 5th year fact. To move from 37 to 31 should be worth a 4th. I mean - I think I would be okay doing that for the right QB

There is talk Des King is on the block - or Chargers are listening - which they should if they do not see him as a long term fit. Maybe you get back a pick that could be used in a trade-up for a QB.

I think Telesco has options. Maybe the Jags want to move up if Tua is there at 6 and the Chargers are not in on Tua.
    if you're really convinced on the merits of Hurts, then sure.... perhaps trading up into the first makes sense.... my biggest hangup, is he really better than the other guys on the board there, and we really need OC, RB, LT and others, and.... was under the impression that Tyrod was our starter ??

and can't believe Des is on the block.... one off year and he's outta here.... didn't work for AL, why should DK be the fall guy ?? (didn't work for AJ either when he made Stanley "the Sheriff" Richard the fall guy for the previous season.... Des is not anymore the reason.... than Phil was

and by my math, we'd be asking for more than just a third from the Jags if we traded down in the first w/them.... either as much as their third and pick 157 (fifth), or their third, pick 165 (second fifth), and their seventh, or.... we could even ask for a 2021 second in lieu of any of the aforementioned.... (Ninj style would be to ask for both a 2021 second, and.... third !!

Leave a comment:

• captaind
    replied
    Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post
    Lol...I think he meant 6th round...which is a ridiculous insult to those prospects...jmo
    Yes, that's what I was trying to say. :lol:

Leave a comment:

• captaind
    replied
    Originally posted by Steve View Post

I don't think (I hope) no one is suggesting that we take either of them with the 6th pick. Neither is anywhere close being the type of player worthy of a 6th pick overall. Taking them with the 6th pick would be insane.

Blueman has been pretty steadfast at taking him with 37. That may be a bit high for me, but is much closer to his "value" than the 6th pick. I haven't really ranked every player in the draft, but someone like Fromm is more of a 3rd round kind of guy.

To me, we are potentially in the situation like Dallas was in the season they drafted Dak Prescott. They didn't reach for him and take him way before they should. THey had a grade on him, so they waited until they got further down in the draft, and took him in the 4th round. Now, he turned out to be a much better value than a 4th rounder, but the point is that they didn't panic and reach.

The QB situation is where you have to trust the process. You trust the evaluation of the scouts and GM, and all the information you have gathered. You put the grade on the player, rank them and live with the evaluation. Then you let the draft play out and you don't panic no matter what. Drafting Love, Hurt or Fromm with the 6th pick is just silly.

If your not willing to do all that, why not just fire the GM, scouts, not go to the combine or visits and just draft off of a some online draft guide. You could save a whole lot of money and get the same (putrid) results.
    Sorry, I meant 6th round. Maybe I should've said 7th, lol. My fault.

Leave a comment:

• Bolt4Knob
    replied
    Originally posted by blueman View Post
    If virtually any QB is a project, take Hurts at 37.
    I actually think I would rather trade up for Hurts to 31 (Niners) just for the 5th year fact. To move from 37 to 31 should be worth a 4th. I mean - I think I would be okay doing that for the right QB

There is talk Des King is on the block - or Chargers are listening - which they should if they do not see him as a long term fit. Maybe you get back a pick that could be used in a trade-up for a QB.

I think Telesco has options. Maybe the Jags want to move up if Tua is there at 6 and the Chargers are not in on Tua.

Leave a comment:

• Lone Bolt
    replied
    Lol...I think he meant 6th round...which is a ridiculous insult to those prospects...jmo

Leave a comment:

• Steve
    replied
    Originally posted by captaind View Post

I can't decide who sucks more: Fromm or Hurts.

Doesn't matter. I wouldn't take either one if they were still around in the 6th.
    I don't think (I hope) no one is suggesting that we take either of them with the 6th pick. Neither is anywhere close being the type of player worthy of a 6th pick overall. Taking them with the 6th pick would be insane.

Blueman has been pretty steadfast at taking him with 37. That may be a bit high for me, but is much closer to his "value" than the 6th pick. I haven't really ranked every player in the draft, but someone like Fromm is more of a 3rd round kind of guy.

To me, we are potentially in the situation like Dallas was in the season they drafted Dak Prescott. They didn't reach for him and take him way before they should. THey had a grade on him, so they waited until they got further down in the draft, and took him in the 4th round. Now, he turned out to be a much better value than a 4th rounder, but the point is that they didn't panic and reach.

The QB situation is where you have to trust the process. You trust the evaluation of the scouts and GM, and all the information you have gathered. You put the grade on the player, rank them and live with the evaluation. Then you let the draft play out and you don't panic no matter what. Drafting Love, Hurt or Fromm with the 6th pick is just silly.

If your not willing to do all that, why not just fire the GM, scouts, not go to the combine or visits and just draft off of a some online draft guide. You could save a whole lot of money and get the same (putrid) results.

Leave a comment:

• Lone Bolt
    replied
    Originally posted by captaind View Post

I can't decide who sucks more: Fromm or Hurts.

Doesn't matter. I wouldn't take either one if they were still around in the 6th.
    :sigh:

Leave a comment:

Working...
X
😀
😂
🥰
😘
🤢
😎
😞
😡