POLL: Should The Bolts Trade Up For Tua?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kingcrimson
    replied
    If we somehow land Simmons and have a defense similar to the 15 Broncos and 13 Seahawks, and can efficiently run the ball and not turn it over, I don’t think it really matters who we have at QB. No need to give up all our picks for Tua.

Leave a comment:

• Maniaque 6
    replied
    Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post
    The dream draft scenario is this:

1. CIN--Joe Burrow
    2. WAS--Chase Young
    3. DET--Jeffrey Okudah
    4. JAX (trade with NYG)--Tua Tagovailoa
    5. MIA--Justin Herbert
    6. LAC--Isaiah Simmons

Of course, even this assumes that we would not be stupid enough to take Love over Simmons. I feel good, but not great about the chances we would take Simmons over Love in that situation.
    I love that scenario !

Leave a comment:

• like54ninjas
    replied

1. CIN--Joe Burrow
    2. WAS--Chase Young
    3. DET--Jeffrey Okudah
    5. MIA--Justin Herbert
    6. LAC--Isaiah Simmons

Of course, even this assumes that we would not be stupid enough to take Love over Simmons. I feel good, but not great about the chances we would take Simmons over Love in that situation.
    Hopefully lots of trades into those first 4-5 spots. Get rid of 4 QBs leave us either Simmons or Young.

Leave a comment:

• Boltjolt
    replied

Texas Tech was trailing so Mahomes could pile up stats and Clemson had big leads hurting Lawrence's stats and yet, Lawrence's stats were still better than those put up by Mahomes.

LSU was way better than Clemson. If you switched QBs in that game, I suspect the LSU winning margin would have been greater than it was with Burrow playing for LSU.
    Your right,....you are suspecting.
    But hey,.....you win!

​​​Moving on to things that matter.
    You can bring this up again when Lawrence wins a MVP and a SB in the NFL. Til then, I'm done.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

1. CIN--Joe Burrow
    2. WAS--Chase Young
    3. DET--Jeffrey Okudah
    5. MIA--Justin Herbert
    6. LAC--Isaiah Simmons

Leave a comment:

• blueman
    replied
    Kinda feeling, trading up for Tua is all but a done deal. Not sure any other option is near as sexy to management. Tua holding up a new-design Chargers jersey, that shit is gold.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

No what helped Mahomes stats is his team wasn't very good but he kept them in games. Their defense wasn't good. As I said before his 734 record yard game was in a LOSING cause to Oklahoma.

Dabo not letting Lawrence pad his stats is whatever. Bellichick never pulled Brady and still threw with big leads. Dabo had a top 5 defense and wasn't worried about teams catching up when up by 4 or 5 TDs so he pulled him so he wouldn't get hurt with a big lead.

Except against LSU where Burrow lit them up and Lawrence had no answer with a bad game. It happens, he is human.

As for the rest of your post, It's just repeated jibberish.
    Texas Tech was trailing so Mahomes could pile up stats and Clemson had big leads hurting Lawrence's stats and yet, Lawrence's stats were still better than those put up by Mahomes.

LSU was way better than Clemson. If you switched QBs in that game, I suspect the LSU winning margin would have been greater than it was with Burrow playing for LSU.

Leave a comment:

• Shock&Awe
    replied
    Originally posted by Sb4Rivers View Post
    TT is the guy who gets fixated on 1 player. Do the Chargers have the picks to stay ahead of Miami or Pats.

Tua is probably the best QB for Lynn.
    I really don't see the Pats spring boarding to take a QB, there's a lot of holes on that roster and they brought Hoyer in for a reason. If Stidham flounders he's right there. Brady wasn't anything special and that defense carried them to 12 wins. I think they'll invest in offensive positions and have the stage set for next year when they take a QB if Stidham doesn't work out so the rookie has a full cupboard to work with.

Leave a comment:

• Boltjolt
    replied
    Originally posted by Sb4Rivers View Post
    TT is the guy who gets fixated on 1 player. Do the Chargers have the picks to stay ahead of Miami or Pats.

I think he probably likes Hurts more. I just couldn't pull the trigger on Tua. He is too fragile.

Leave a comment:

• Sb4Rivers
    replied

Leave a comment:

• like54ninjas
    replied
    Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post
    And Thomas!
    Thomas all day over Wills

Leave a comment:

• Boltgang74
    replied
    And Thomas!

Leave a comment: