POLL: Should The Bolts Trade Up For Tua?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maniaque 6
    replied
    There's no reason to panic.
    At 6, Wills, Simmons or Brown will be there.

Leave a comment:

• powderblueboy
    replied
    A ton of mock drafts have the Chargers selecting Tua, many in which we move up to #3.

If some team wants Tua, most feel they have to jump/be in front of the Chargers.

Leave a comment:

• powderblueboy
    replied
    Tua Tagovailoa throwing passes is encouraging even though scouts and coaches attending is prohibited. Tua's medical testing by NFL teams has become tricky

Article describes the method by which teams will learn of Tua's medical situation:

"Along with analyzing Tua’s current, on-field capability, there are the more important, final medical checks. NFL teams will not be able to bring players to team medical facilities. Tua will still get a complete set of medical testings, but they will not be done by NFL teams. They will be done independently and sent to every team. After seeing the battery of test results including the actual MRIs, NFL teams will be able to question Tua’s medical team.

The Miami Dolphins tried a last-minute effort to get Tua to their facility before the prohibition began."

Leave a comment:

• Boltjolt
    replied
    Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

The two players were in different siuations. As another poster stated, Dabo did not permit Lawrence to run up his stats. Burrow did not seem to suffer from the same stat limiting issue. In fact, the play calling at times seemed to support the opoosite result. Statistically, Burrow was helped by his situation and Lawrence was hurt by his. But yes, both players had good teams. Mahomes played in the Big 12, notorious for no defense, which helped him from a statistical standpoint. Lawrence's stats were still better than those of Mahomes even though Mahomes was aided by being in the Big 12 and Lawrence was hurt by the limitations placed upon him.
    No what helped Mahomes stats is his team wasn't very good but he kept them in games. Their defense wasn't good. As I said before his 734 record yard game was in a LOSING cause to Oklahoma.

Dabo not letting Lawrence pad his stats is whatever. Bellichick never pulled Brady and still threw with big leads. Dabo had a top 5 defense and wasn't worried about teams catching up when up by 4 or 5 TDs so he pulled him so he wouldn't get hurt with a big lead.

Except against LSU where Burrow lit them up and Lawrence had no answer with a bad game. It happens, he is human.

As for the rest of your post, It's just repeated jibberish.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Interesting that you use Burrows team being superior to others for his success but when I mention that about Lawrence in regards to your he is better than Mahomes arguement,. It meant nothing.

Thanks for acknowledging one of my points.
    The two players were in different siuations. As another poster stated, Dabo did not permit Lawrence to run up his stats. Burrow did not seem to suffer from the same stat limiting issue. In fact, the play calling at times seemed to support the opoosite result. Statistically, Burrow was helped by his situation and Lawrence was hurt by his. But yes, both players had good teams. Mahomes played in the Big 12, notorious for no defense, which helped him from a statistical standpoint. Lawrence's stats were still better than those of Mahomes even though Mahomes was aided by being in the Big 12 and Lawrence was hurt by the limitations placed upon him.

Leave a comment:

• Boltjolt
    replied
    Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

Again, your take is incorrect. First, you are asserting something. You have the burden of proving that thing. Saying "PFF said so" proves nothing. Also, in regard to the total quality of Burrow's 2019 season, PFF itself does not even rank it as the best season by a collegiate QB in the past 6 seasons even with its questionable findings that conflict with what a lot of people saw (wide open receivers everywhere on most plays).

Further, I challenge Burrow's so-called elite accuracy as well. In 2018, he completed just 57.8% of his passes. I am not buying a nearly 20% increase in his completion percentage as being that he just suddenly got that much better. Wide open receivers and playing for a team vastly superior to other teams made a huge difference. He will not have that benefit in the NFL--none of it.

Moreover, Burrow's physical limitations concerning his arm talent are obvious. Maybe he can overcome those limitations in the right system, but to suggest that he is some sort of special dynamic game changing force is, frankly, laughable. Almost every year this century a QB gets hyped as a dynamic game changing force. This century, not one of those #1 overall QBs has lived up to that billing. Burrow will likely continue that trend.

I suspect the real Burrow will be a competent game manager type QB. He will be fine if he is not asked to do too much. He will not be a historically great player.

Honestly, I am delighted that teams like the Bungles are willing to look past players like Chase Young and Isaiah Simmons and draft players like Joe Burrow and Tua Tagovailoa. It gives us a chance that Simmons will be on the board at #6. And if Simmons is on the board at #6, it had better not take our front office more than 20 seconds to turn in the draft card selecting him.
    Interesting that you use Burrows team being superior to others for his success but when I mention that about Lawrence in regards to your he is better than Mahomes arguement,. It meant nothing.

Thanks for acknowledging one of my points.

Leave a comment:

• powderblueboy
    replied
    From the article:

"The biggest gamble for the Chargers will not be drafting Tua. It will be in deciding to trade up to No. 3 or No. 4 or sit at No. 6 and hope the Dolphins take Justin Herbert.Herbert has the physique to take the pounding that results from the Dolphins offensive line."

General managers typically don't like that type of gamble. Here is the record of the Miami Dolphins under their current GM.

2016: 10-6
    2017: 6-10
    2018: 7-9
    2019: 5-10

This is his last shot: miss on this pick and he's gone. Miami's Oline is complete crap right now. They'll probably take Herbert.

Leave a comment:

• RTPbolt
    replied
    The real question with Tua will be the medicals AND whom will be the one organization that feels he is worth the risk for the reward. These are strange times without the ability to do face to face visits. I hope to get a real franchise QB...Tua seems like a viable candidate so hoping he falls to us...prefer not to trade up but if it makes sense I think we may need to go get him.

that said other guys look intriguing too that can be had later that arent as ready. Im ok with those too if we go LT or trade back for value.

Leave a comment:

• wu-dai clan
    replied
    Ha !
    Just read that exact article.
    Makes a while lot of sense.
    TY.

Leave a comment:

• Lone Bolt
    replied
    One thing about Tua...I don't think he needs an interview or individual workout...all the Bolts need to feel better about the pick is for their doctors to have access to that 2nd MRI, which they will.

Pretty sure the world knows all they need to know about Tua...in everything but health, he is a safe pick...just have to get a look at that last MRI, and decide whether you want to gamble on whether or not he is fragile, or just unlucky in college.

Scary what some teams, including us, could be faced with this draft, with some of these choices to be made, but having to make said choices without the ability to see pro days, individual workouts, interviews, visits, etc. No doubt some teams are gonna get burned...but I suppose that happens every year.

Leave a comment:

• captaind
    replied
    Despite most mock NFL drafts still predicting Tua Tagovailoa to the Miami Dolphins, it is becoming plausible the Chargers will trade up for Tua.

Leave a comment:

• captaind
    replied
    Tua throwing already post-surgery

Leave a comment:

Working...
X