POLL: Should The Bolts Trade Up For Tua?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Budsman
    Registered Charger Fan
    • May 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

Biased how? I stated facts....and they didn't paint a very good picture. Your claim that they don't support your conclusion that we would be "making an incorrect decision" is bias on your part.

We are picking top ten, it is a chance to secure a top ten talent for QB in Tua, and Cam is an older player, injury risk as well, who will demand a good chunk of cap space that we will be needing soon to sign our own players. None of that is bias...it just is.

Now, if you think, under those circumstances, you get Cam anyways...cuz he might turn out to be awesome...ok. But I wasn't being biased...I was laying it out "as is"...and then stating my position, which is "no thanks!!"
    of course I’m biased but I recognize mine. Newton is a risk but then again so is Tua. You’re deluding yourself if you think we won’t waste a year with Tua. You also aren’t looking at facts if you think Tua has a higher ceiling than Cam who was just a few years ago MVP of the league. The Chances of cam regaining form are much better than hitting on a rookie QB.

cam gives us the better chance to win now, fact. Our team is built to win now not wait, fact. A rookie is a bigger crap shoot than Cam, fact. Cam will cost more but is also motivated to show up his old team, fact.

the facts point to cam being the better choice for the team now. This isnt some journeyman this is a Super Bowl caliber caliber mvp, not some risky oft injured rookie. Those are facts. And yes their biased because I think getting cam now and trading for love in the Lamar Jackson range is the right move.

Comment

• chargeroo
      Fan since 1961
      • Jan 2019
      • Oregon
      • Retired Manager/Pastor
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolts27 View Post
      Lone Bolt Topcat I personally agree with you both .. The injury concern, having to trade up losing out on needed draft picks, to sign someone to be the ":Future" is to much of a s scare for me. No knock on the potential skill set being possibly the top pick with to potential to be a day one starter. Smaller stature in relation to today's prototypical QB, combined with the hip injury specifically sends up red flags. There's no one that would argue the pace and physicality of the NFL is a entire different world from College.. I'm personally a fan of Herbert, but as said whoever they draft I'll support from the moment it happens..
      I agree with this post but I'd only take Herbert if he falls to us at six - no trade up for Herbert or Tua. If they're gone take the bpa - if those guys are picked in the top five we are bound to have some very good players to chose from. Maybe Simmons would be there or I'd still love to fill in that LOT spot for the next ten years.
      THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Steve
        Administrator
        • Jun 2013
        • South Carolina
        • Meteorologist
        • Send PM

I don't see Hebert as being worth a 6th pick. If we trade down into the teens or 20's, it would make sense, but he is not a good enough player to be worth the 6th pick.

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post
          I don't see Hebert as being worth a 6th pick. If we trade down into the teens or 20's, it would make sense, but he is not a good enough player to be worth the 6th pick.
          I agree, but you know how QB needy teams overdraft them and he is one of the top potentual QBs.

Comment

• gzubeck
            Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
            • Jan 2019
            • Tucson, AZ
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I agree, but you know how QB needy teams overdraft them and he is one of the top potentual QBs.
            If your a QB and your the 20th ranked player in the draft then take the number and divide by 2. Herbert should be drafted by the tenth spot unless he runs into a stretch of teams who just don't need one. But if that's the case then I see someone moving up to snag him by at least #10.
            Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Maniaque 6
              French Speaking Charger Fan
              • Jan 2019
              • Québec city
              • Send PM

If we were in 2005, Herbert would be 2nd round pick.

Comment

• rikardo
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Best options IMO
                1.- Trade up give up the 3rd pick this year and 2nd round pick next year for Tua (he is the best QB of this draft IMO)
                2.- If Tua is off the board, stay at 6 pick and draft Simmons (I really hope we end up with either Tua or Simmons)
                3.a.- If Tua and Simmons are off, draft best OT at 6.
                3.b- Trade down (7 to 15 pick) and draft (OL, ILB or RB with the first 3 picks not in that order but we need to improve there)

Comment

• blueman
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by rikardo View Post
                  Best options IMO
                  1.- Trade up give up the 3rd pick this year and 2nd round pick next year for Tua (he is the best QB of this draft IMO)
                  2.- If Tua is off the board, stay at 6 pick and draft Simmons (I really hope we end up with either Tua or Simmons)
                  3.a.- If Tua and Simmons are off, draft best OT at 6.
                  3.b- Trade down (7 to 15 pick) and draft (OL, ILB or RB with the first 3 picks not in that order but we need to improve there)
                  I’d rather give up this year’s first and next year’s first, least number of picks.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2017
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Maniaque 6 View Post
                    If we were in 2005, Herbert would be 2nd round pick.
                    Alex Smith was the #1 selection in that draft.

Comment

• Budsman
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • May 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

I’d rather give up this year’s first and next year’s first, least number of picks.
                      Please no. If tua falls to us and that’s the route the Spanii decide to go then fine but if they mortgage the future for an oft injured college qb they are taking too big of a risk.

I guess we will see what happens.

Comment

• Maniaque 6
                        French Speaking Charger Fan
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Québec city
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Alex Smith was the #1 selection in that draft.
                        Yes. And A. Rodgers was #2 QB at 24 !!!

Comment

• Bolts27
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Apr 2020
                          • Burlington Ontario Canada
                          • Self-Employed
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                          Steve Interesting... I'm not for trading up to get him.. but I'd be happy if he's still there at 6, I think he's going to be more sought after than you think...

Comment

Working...
                          X