POLL: Should The Bolts Trade Up For Tua?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • like54ninjas
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Oct 2017
    • Great White North
    • Draftnik
    • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post

I would be happy if the Chargers went all in on Tua, even if a trade up is necessary. If Tua get's drafted before the Chargers pick, go for Either Herbert or Love with the 1st pick, but again do what ever it takes to get Tua, and a QB with the first round pick. Guys its time to get a QB here now in this draft that can be the franchise QB. Otherwise you go after the Saints back up QB or the Texans QB in a trade. Bet Simmons is gone before 6, the OT should be there tho and the Chargers for sure need another OT.
    Welcome and good to have you @TPB.
    My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
    K9
    Nasir
    Tillery
    Parham
    Reed

Comment

• blueman
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post

I would be happy if the Chargers went all in on Tua, even if a trade up is necessary. If Tua get's drafted before the Chargers pick, go for Either Herbert or Love with the 1st pick, but again do what ever it takes to get Tua, and a QB with the first round pick. Guys its time to get a QB here now in this draft that can be the franchise QB. Otherwise you go after the Saints back up QB or the Texans QB in a trade. Bet Simmons is gone before 6, the OT should be there tho and the Chargers for sure need another OT.
      Hard to argue the guy’s talent, yes. Not scared of the injury concerns? Good for you, I flip flop on that daily lol.

Comment

• powderblueboy
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

Hard to argue the guy’s talent, yes. Not scared of the injury concerns? Good for you, I flip flop on that daily lol.
        if i doctors tell me the hip injury will not be an issue,
        & i think he's a perennial pro bowler if he stays healthy, i'd take the gamble;

if i think he's just below that level, or the hip might be a lingering issue, i don't take the gamble.

He's a risk, but the reward part has to be there. I personally am more uncertain about his arm strength than others (& less about ankle sprains).

i'd be on board if drafted.

Comment

• Steve
          Administrator
          • Jun 2013
          • South Carolina
          • Meteorologist
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Dont see the broken wrist that Lamebardo mentioned. I think that was in practice when Hurts was starting? Not sure when that took place...or maybe it was the reported broken finger that was really a wrist?
          The finger/hand injury that is listed above as a thumb, is now being reported as a broken wrist that needed surgery. Rex Ryan and others are reporting it that way. Alabama was able to cover it up because it was spring practice.

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post

The finger/hand injury that is listed above as a thumb, is now being reported as a broken wrist that needed surgery. Rex Ryan and others are reporting it that way. Alabama was able to cover it up because it was spring practice.
            I see, another bad injury
            . To those saying if his hip comes back as no lingering injury..... I don't understand that logic.

He is injury prone. He has 2 ACLs he hasn't tore YET. Who knows what else gets injured. Collarbones, separated shoulders, ribs, ....who knows.

I don't want to waste #6 on that and certainly wouldn't trade up for him. We aren't talking the next Peyton Manning here.

He was at Alabama 3 years and had 4 surgeries, never played a whole college game schedule....which is a lot shorter than a NFL schedule.

Comment

• Steve
              Administrator
              • Jun 2013
              • South Carolina
              • Meteorologist
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
              I have to say.......there are MANY here that were very down on Verrett for being hurt all the time, down on Perryman and wanted them to sign him to a vet minimum, down on Lamp...called him a bust, Henry...didnt want to resign him, etc....so i am like WTF, ... seeing posters here wanting to draft Tua KNOWING he is a China doll from COLLEGE! You think he is going to hold up in the NFL?

Just SMH seeing this. He is gonna be injured all the time too....say No to Tua, draft Simmons, Thomas, Herbert...trade down for Herbert...whatever. But dont draft Tua @ #6. He cant help you from the sideline or from the trainers room. He has shown he gets injured every season.

Some will say he may not get injured in the NFL...well Geezus, is that chance worth the 6th overall pick? I say Dang Gum, shooot hec No.
              He played behind a dominant OL against teams that had few or only 1 pass rusher per team. He also played in a shorter season. He is GOING to get hit MORE OFTEN and HARDER than in college. That is for anyone, not just behind our OL. His style of play makes him vulnerable to it. He holds the ball to long, but that is where so many of those spectacular TD's come from. If you force him to become a west coast, throw the ball away after 3 seconds, get rid of the ball quickly, is he going to be the same guy?

Answer this rhetorical question. What is the first thought that goes through your head when you hear the NFL team we are playing this week is without their starting QB?

I know every former NFL player
              (because I have asked several)
              thinks, "we" should definitely win this game, they don't have a chance unless we give it to them. That is the scenario Tua sets us up for. Boltjolt is right. If people cannot stand injuries in other positions, the QB position is even less tolerant than any other position.

And his second point, we have drafted a lot of players who turn out to be china dolls, when they had ZERO injury history in college. Tua has a very extensive injury history from college.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Oct 2017
                • Great White North
                • Draftnik
                • Send PM

The answer is still a big No.

If he falls trade back into the 20’s and get value then.

SIMMONS - SIMMONS - SIMMONS - SIMMONS
                My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                K9
                Nasir
                Tillery
                Parham
                Reed

Comment

• captaind
                  Cook This Pork Chops
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Mars
                  • Ball Holder
                  • Send PM

As we get closer to the draft, I'm of the opinion that the Chargers will sit at #6 and take whoever is available. I have doubts Simmons will still be there.

It will all hinge on whoever the Dolphins pick. If they take Tua, we take Herbert; and vice-versa.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2017
                    • Send PM

The anti Tua momentum is picking up steam here.

Someday, you'll have to weigh the reward & risk and choose a qb.
                    You ain't winning much with Tyrod Taylor & Cam Newton is neither on your team, nor anywhere close to the 2015 version.
                    There are no perfect prospects at qb & plenty good arguments why you should pass on any particular one.

With Tua,
                    1. If ankle injuries are part of the dialogue, you might as well not draft anyone
                    2. Information coming out at the last second, through Sexy Rexy, should be dismissed.
                    3. The knee injury i'd like to know more about - did he miss games? He evidently played well against LSU, when he possibly shouldn't have been playing.
                    4. If you so much as fart at Alabama, everyone knows about it.
                    5. Many think he would have been the top player in the draft if not for the hip injury; that's the only thing that should matter

Watching his injury, he was in an awkward position having released the football, and a defensive end landed on him.
                    Somewhere between the wtf injuries of Verrett and a horrific shot. Bo Jackson wasn't brittle and he got the same injury
                    on a pedestrian hit.

Draft the man!! Consider yourself lucky that he got the freak injury.
                    Last edited by powderblueboy; 04-12-2020, 08:48 AM.

Comment

• SuperCharged
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Sep 2019
                      • Utah
                      • Midnight Toker
                      • Send PM

I don't understand the love for Tua.... Often injured in COLLEGE. Wait till he takes the big boy hits. Sorry but Nooooooooo thank you. Burrow is the only one I'm sold on so I say load up on the foundation. Oline and Dline. Then get er done next draft and go all in on Lawrence.
                      Last edited by SuperCharged; 04-16-2020, 02:06 PM.

Comment

• Velo
                        Ride!
                        • Aug 2019
                        • Everywhere
                        • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                        • Send PM

This mock has the Chargers trading up with Detroit to No. 3, for the No. 6 and 37 picks, plus an undisclosed pick next year. Would you give up this year's No. 37 and let's say a 3rd round pick next year to draft Tua?

Comment

• rikardo
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by captaind View Post
                          As we get closer to the draft, I'm of the opinion that the Chargers will sit at #6 and take whoever is available. I have doubts Simmons will still be there.

It will all hinge on whoever the Dolphins pick. If they take Tua, we take Herbert; and vice-versa.
                          I did see Herbert play last year (2 games) Im not impressed, I really hope we do not draft him (I dont see him as a first rounder at all)
                          I rather draft Defense / OT / or best RB if we trade down 20+ pick.
                          I did not see Love play, cant comment on him.

Comment

Working...
                          X