POLL: Should The Bolts Trade Up For Tua?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gzubeck
    replied
    Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Liar's month.

I would say this talk is fueled by the increasingly optimistic medical reports coming in on Tua.

Chase Young/Ron Rivera has been considered a no brainer,
    even with their existing population at DE.

My guess is that Snyder will realize that Tua is a huge upgrade over his pet player, Haskins.
    Please do washington. It will save us from drafting the next verret type player.

Leave a comment:

• wu-dai clan
    replied
    Originally posted by Steve View Post

Like Drew Brees, who will be a first ballot hall of famer? We aren't selling jeans, we need guys who can play, and guys that size can play. Not all of them, but not all the big guys can play either (see Ryan Leaf).

We don't know that Washington is actually considering Tua. They say they are, but given the NFL teams various disinformation tactics, who knows. Maybe they just want to see what we will give to trade up. If they make us think they want Tua, then they have more leverage. Maybe they can force another team to drive the price up too.

The question the Chargers have to decide is
    1). Can he play? This one is pretty easy.
    I think everyone thinks yes. The only question I have is can he teach himself to get rid of the ball sometimes, because he will hold the ball a long time, waiting until his receivers make a play. In the NFL, he is going to have to get rid of the ball more quickly, to avoid sacks. I think he will be fine, but it is something he will have to develop in his game (Burrow does too, FWIW, although he is better in that regard).

2). Can he stay healthy?
    4 major injuries in his last 2 seasons, and this in the shorter college season, where he wasn't even asked to finish every game, and behind the Alabama OL. I don't care about his current injury and if he will be ready this season. It is the injury history that makes it an issue.
    Liar's month.

I would say this talk is fueled by the increasingly optimistic medical reports coming in on Tua.

Chase Young/Ron Rivera has been considered a no brainer,
    even with their existing population at DE.

My guess is that Snyder will realize that Tua is a huge upgrade over his pet player, Haskins.

Leave a comment:

• Topcat
    replied
    Originally posted by Steve View Post

Like Drew Brees, who will be a first ballot hall of famer? We aren't selling jeans, we need guys who can play, and guys that size can play. Not all of them, but not all the big guys can play either (see Ryan Leaf).

We don't know that Washington is actually considering Tua. They say they are, but given the NFL teams various disinformation tactics, who knows. Maybe they just want to see what we will give to trade up. If they make us think they want Tua, then they have more leverage. Maybe they can force another team to drive the price up too.

I think everyone thinks yes. The only question I have is can he teach himself to get rid of the ball sometimes, because he will hold the ball a long time, waiting until his receivers make a play. In the NFL, he is going to have to get rid of the ball more quickly, to avoid sacks. I think he will be fine, but it is something he will have to develop in his game (Burrow does too, FWIW, although he is better in that regard).

2). Can he stay healthy?
    4 major injuries in his last 2 seasons, and this in the shorter college season, where he wasn't even asked to finish every game, and behind the Alabama OL. I don't care about his current injury and if he will be ready this season. It is the injury history that makes it an issue.
    Based on Tua's injury history, I'm going to say that an NFL injury comp to Tua would be someone like Tony Romo. Romo saw significant action in 11 total seasons. Three of those seasons were severely impacted by injury. So, I'm going to guess that wherever Tua ends up, he probably has some, maybe several full or near full starting seasons. But he will probably miss a lot of time, probably impacting large parts of, or entire seasons. I certainly wish the best for him, but based on injury history, I think there's a high statistical probability this happens.

image.png

Leave a comment:

• Steve
    replied
    Originally posted by Maniaque 6 View Post
    Who would trade up for something like a mix of Jason Verret and Doug Flutie ?

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
    So, why is it WAS is actually considering taking Tua at #2 ?

2). Can he stay healthy?

Leave a comment:

• blueman
    replied
    Current HC in WAS did not draft Haskins. May not want to tie his tenure to him. Or, smoke screen to drive trades.

Leave a comment:

• wu-dai clan
    replied
    So, why is it WAS is actually considering taking Tua at #2 ?

Chase Young is sitting right there,
    plus they just drafted Haskins, remember ?

Tua is within striking range for LAC @ #6.

Go get him !

Have you seen the throws he makes ?

Accuracy matters more than your quackery.

2019...the year we tanked for Tua,
    and didn't even know it.

The news is that every year there are prospects you drool over,
    but we won't take,
    because we took somebody else instead.

Leave a comment:

• pigskin
    replied
    If Tua is there at 6 great, draft him, unless Simmons is there also. Otherwise go with the best rated OT on the board.

Leave a comment:

• powderblueboy
    replied
    Slight, to the tune of 6 feet, 217 pounds & with an injury history.....he's not a speedster, nor slippery like Russell Wilson.

Frankly, i'm not thrilled enough about him as a passer to take the gamble...not with the few studs they would pass on to get him.

And i'm talking about pick #6,

Hell no, don't trade up!

Leave a comment:

• Boltsfan70
    replied
    I am in favor of staying put or trading back enough talent at the top of the draft.

Leave a comment:

• WindsorUK
    replied
    Originally posted by Topcat View Post
    There's been a lot of talk about the possibility of the Bolts, in need of a QB, trading up for Tua. While there's no doubting Tua's talent, when you look at his injury history, and especially that last serious hip injury, it's several red flags following by a BIG red flag. Look at all of Tua's injuries so far:

March 2018: Tua Tagovailoa breaks his finger

October 2018: Tua Tagovailoa suffers knee injury

November 2018: Quad injury keeps Tua out of a game

December 2018: Tua Tagovailoa injures his left ankle

Against Tennessee, Tua Tagovailoa suffers another ankle injury

November, 2019: Tagovailoa suffered a dislocated hip with a posterior wall fracture

https://www.montgomeryadvertiser.com...ne/4064454002/

On that last injury, there's more cause for concern:

"It’s the potential complications that make predicting a complete or full recovery back to pre-injury conditions difficult to determine at the moment.

“The thing that makes it uncertain is that when the hip dislocates and it fractures off part of the cup part of the hip joint,” Lowe explained Saturday, “(and) sometimes it disrupts the blood supply to the end of the femur — the lower leg part of the hip joint.”

That is what is called avascular necrosis (AVN) and is what forced legendary Auburn running back Bo Jackson to retire from both football and baseball in the early 1990s, and eventually led to severe arthritis and the need for a hip replacement at the age of 29."

Sorry, Tua looks like damaged goods to me, with a high likelihood of injury in the future.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...ma/4234279002/
    Uh.....HELL NO!

Leave a comment:

• Topcat
    replied
    Originally posted by Charge! View Post

lol...... there are QB's you might compare Tua to, but cant do it with Lamp......nop one ever thought of lamp as best player in draft when healthy...... Tua was that for 2 years....... he is elite..... only question is injury history.....which I agree is a valid concern...... but you are talking about an elite player, not an iffy 2nd round draft choice...... if you are going to gamble on an injured player, at least gamble on an elite one...... Leslie O'Neil was Elite with serious injury........ and still had a great career......
    All the more reason to not take a gamble at #6, or higher, if we trade up...for example, we DID take KA in round 3 when he was rehabbing from a serious injury...he was projected as a first rounder before the injury, but his stock fell, and the Bolts reasoned he was worth the risk in round 3...turned out pretty good for us, even though KA missed about half the season in 2015 and just about all of 2016...but at #6, we need to get this right, or we'll be kicking ourselves for years...

Leave a comment:

• Charge!
    replied
    Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Here's my fear with Tua: We pick him at #6, or worse, we give up a couple of high picks to move up for him, then he gets hurt early on. Then, after a long rehab, he comes back, plays well for a few games, then gets hurt again. Kind of like Lamp, yet there were no injury red flags with Lamp. But there are MULTIPLE injury red flags with Tua. Sorry...PASS...
    lol...... there are QB's you might compare Tua to, but cant do it with Lamp......nop one ever thought of lamp as best player in draft when healthy...... Tua was that for 2 years....... he is elite..... only question is injury history.....which I agree is a valid concern...... but you are talking about an elite player, not an iffy 2nd round draft choice...... if you are going to gamble on an injured player, at least gamble on an elite one...... Leslie O'Neil was Elite with serious injury........ and still had a great career......

Leave a comment:

Working...
X