POLL: Should The Bolts Trade Up For Tua?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maniaque 6
    replied
    Reminds me M. Vick. He was seen as the savior in ATL.
    If the Falcons don't do that trade, chances are they would have had LT and Brees.
    The best trades are often the ones that you don't make.

Leave a comment:

• Lone Bolt
    replied
    Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Lone, I think a lot of us are gunshy after seeing what happened with someone like Verrett. Great talent, but just injured way too much to be of much use at all. Classic injury bust. Now, the big question is, will Tua be similar? That's why I posted that long list of injuries at the beginning of this thread. Had it just been the hip injury alone, we might chalk that up to a once in a while thing. But with Tua, we have a true INJURY-PRONE player. I'd sure hate to draft him at #6, only to rarely see him play. Need to get it right at #6. Take flyers on injury prone players round 3 and after...
    If it was a lineman, DB, LB, WR...I would say definitely stay away, there is always a safer option...a less risky prospect...

But when you are talking about the leader of the francise for the next 15 yrs...I think the payoff begins to justify the gamble...thats all

Leave a comment:

• Topcat
    replied
    Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post
    I am actually pretty shocked how snakebit most on here seem to be about Tua's health...I thought I was being a bit worrisome...

I am changing my stance...if Tua is there at #6, you gotta let em' hang, and make that pick. Dare to be great.
    Lone, I think a lot of us are gunshy after seeing what happened with someone like Verrett. Great talent, but just injured way too much to be of much use at all. Classic injury bust. Now, the big question is, will Tua be similar? That's why I posted that long list of injuries at the beginning of this thread. Had it just been the hip injury alone, we might chalk that up to a once in a while thing. But with Tua, we have a true INJURY-PRONE player. I'd sure hate to draft him at #6, only to rarely see him play. Need to get it right at #6. Take flyers on injury prone players round 3 and after...

Leave a comment:

• wu-dai clan
    replied
    Decision making.
    Vision.
    Leadership.
    Most of all...accuracy.

See Russell slide...

Leave a comment:

• Lone Bolt
    replied
    I am actually pretty shocked how snakebit most on here seem to be about Tua's health...I thought I was being a bit worrisome...

I am changing my stance...if Tua is there at #6, you gotta let em' hang, and make that pick. Dare to be great.

Leave a comment:

• like54ninjas
    replied
    Originally posted by Steve View Post
    So, people actually think Tua can stay healthy?
    I have concerns.

Leave a comment:

• AK47
    replied
    Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

I think if a qb is a big reason why you have a realistic shot at a championship for even 1 season, he is worth any pick.
    imo people over-value picks primarily because HOFers/future HOFers dwarf any realistic expectations one could have a 20 year old kid.

Rivers gave us a shot to win a ring for several years
    he would have been worth 3 first round picks imho
    A clutch Tua makes sense in that we're in same division as KC. They've got a long term QB-HC situation set to score tons of points and win lots of games. The primary goal for TT is to build a championship caliber defense to keep games close as possible. (Scoring 40+ points usually bodes better for KC vs their opponents). You need A a team used to playing them tough defensively in their home and B a QB whom is clutch for when games are close. If we believe Tua is said clutch QB then he may be our pick.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by Charge! View Post

that makes no sense..... you dont wait for the other teams to stumble of become so inept that you can beat them without a QB?????...... that makes zero sense......

and absolutely our priority is to win division, and in order to win division we must beat the chiefs........

The 49ers have an elite OL and an elite DL and they could not beat the chiefs because their QB was not elite........
    The Chiefs won the game without an elite performance out of the QB position. Many non-elite QBs have been on Super Bowl winning teams and teams have won despite less than elite play from elite QBs.

There are no guaranteed elite QBs in this year's draft. Burrow and Tua are overrated. Herbert is underrated, but still not worth the #6 overall pick. The draft will be a fool's gold festival for some teams. I hope we are not among them. I have seen mock drafts that have us passing on Simmons to take a QB. Some even have us taking Love at #6, a QB that I would not draft until day 3 at the earliest, but probably not at all.

Teams are best built by taking the BPA at a position of some need, not by reaching for a QB when no QB in this year's draft is worthy of being selected in the first half of the first round.

Leave a comment:

• 21&500
    replied
    Originally posted by AK47 View Post
    Thinking of a realistic yet best case scenario...If Tua averages say 2-3 missed games every season for say the next 5 seasons but puts up top 7 QB numbers. Is he worth a top 6 selection?
    I think if a qb is a big reason why you have a realistic shot at a championship for even 1 season, he is worth any pick.
    imo people over-value picks primarily because HOFers/future HOFers dwarf any realistic expectations one could have a 20 year old kid.

Rivers gave us a shot to win a ring for several years
    he would have been worth 3 first round picks imho

Leave a comment:

• AK47
    replied
    Thinking of a realistic yet best case scenario...If Tua averages say 2-3 missed games every season for say the next 5 seasons but puts up top 7 QB numbers. Is he worth a top 6 selection?

Leave a comment:

• 21&500
    replied
    Originally posted by Steve View Post
    I do. At least from serious injuries.
    He needs to be coached up to give up on plays earlier to minimize his exposure, that’s how he got hurt his hip.
    The good news is that he takes well to coaching.
    and I can live with a few missed games from minor injuries.
    No one is worried about his on-field play, if he busts as an injury case, I can live with that. At least we tried to swing for an elite level passing qb

Leave a comment:

• Steve
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X