POLL: Should The Bolts Trade Up For Tua?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• richpjr
    replied
    Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

LOL....how about we just never draft a QB again, ever...:rofl:

Unless it's Trevor Lawrence....so when we miiss out on him next year, we will just have to wait until he plays out his career, grows old and dies, resurrects, and grows up again. 90 years sound about right?

Anybody who thinks the only way to get a QB is to get the #1 prospect in any years draft is someone who either wants the Bolts to suck bad enough to be picking #1, or wants to trade away the future on an unknown, assuming we don't get outbid, which the Chargers often manage to do.

Not saying we pick a QB this year, but to say none are worth the #6? Obnoxious...
    Evidently, even the number one prospect this year isn't a franchise QB so I guess we could wait forever since evidently this mythical QB doesn't come along very often.

Leave a comment:

• richpjr
    replied
    Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

And they are wrong.
    They aren't wrong, they just have a different opinion than you and IMO at least a couple of them do quite well.

Leave a comment:

• wu-dai clan
    replied
    Yes. Trade up to Two for Tua. 21 was correct.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Most people think there are 3 and some 4 QBs worth the top 6 pick.
    And they are wrong.

Leave a comment:

• Lone Bolt
    replied

I think the only thing worse than picking someone that on his best day is not worth the #6 overall pick is picking someone that is injury prone in addition to not being worth the #6 overall pick. So that would be hard pass on Tua at #6 overall.

I would much rather roll with Tyrod and get a player like Simmons than waste the #6 overall pick on a QB when none of the QBs in this year's draft are worthy of being selected #6 overall.
    LOL....how about we just never draft a QB again, ever...:rofl:

Unless it's Trevor Lawrence....so when we miiss out on him next year, we will just have to wait until he plays out his career, grows old and dies, resurrects, and grows up again. 90 years sound about right?

Anybody who thinks the only way to get a QB is to get the #1 prospect in any years draft is someone who either wants the Bolts to suck bad enough to be picking #1, or wants to trade away the future on an unknown, assuming we don't get outbid, which the Chargers often manage to do.

Not saying we pick a QB this year, but to say none are worth the #6? Obnoxious...

Leave a comment:

• richpjr
    replied

I think the only thing worse than picking someone that on his best day is not worth the #6 overall pick is picking someone that is injury prone in addition to not being worth the #6 overall pick. So that would be hard pass on Tua at #6 overall.

I would much rather roll with Tyrod and get a player like Simmons than waste the #6 overall pick on a QB when none of the QBs in this year's draft are worthy of being selected #6 overall.
    Most people think there are 3 and some 4 QBs worth the top 6 pick.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post
    I am actually pretty shocked how snakebit most on here seem to be about Tua's health...I thought I was being a bit worrisome...

I am changing my stance...if Tua is there at #6, you gotta let em' hang, and make that pick. Dare to be great.

Leave a comment:

• Maniaque 6
    replied
    Originally posted by Sb4Rivers View Post
    Chargers should draft the fastest QB with #6, because he will be running for his life behind this OL.
    Do you say the same with Turner and Bulaga on the right ?

Leave a comment:

• blueman
    replied
    Originally posted by Sb4Rivers View Post
    Chargers should draft the fastest QB with #6, because he will be running for his life behind this OL.
    So Simmons, then Hurts at 37?

Leave a comment:

• Sb4Rivers
    replied

Leave a comment:

• gzubeck
    replied
    Originally posted by Steve View Post
    Even bad NFL teams have a pass rusher who is better than anyone Tua was getting hit by in college. Good defenses have multiple pass rusher. He is going to be hit more frequently and harder by the defense. At the same time, there is no NFL OL who is as dominant as the OL he was behind in Alabama. Add that to a 17 game (plus preseason and playoffs) vs 12 game season, I don't see any way he stays healthy. I don't think you can even consider drafting him, maybe not in any round. Certainly, not in the important picks of day 1 and 2 of the draft.
    I like your thinking. Hell I would even trade out and get another second rounder in this draft if he's still on the board and we only have to move down a few spots.

Leave a comment:

• Steve
    replied
    Even bad NFL teams have a pass rusher who is better than anyone Tua was getting hit by in college. Good defenses have multiple pass rusher. He is going to be hit more frequently and harder by the defense. At the same time, there is no NFL OL who is as dominant as the OL he was behind in Alabama. Add that to a 17 game (plus preseason and playoffs) vs 12 game season, I don't see any way he stays healthy. I don't think you can even consider drafting him, maybe not in any round. Certainly, not in the important picks of day 1 and 2 of the draft.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X