POLL: Should The Bolts Trade Up For Tua?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• richpjr
    replied
    Teams always overdraft QBs because it's the most important position in football by a large margin. Herbert won't make it out of the top 10. He may not make it out of the top 5, depending on how scared teams are of Tua's injury history. If the Chargers want one of those two, they may have to trade up. Even if wanted to draft BPA and go for Hurts in the second round, there is no guarantee he is available at 37 as some team could take a flyer and vastly overdraft him.

Leave a comment:

• gzubeck
    replied
    Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

LOL...give it up dude...your "dream draft" is predicated on us drafting Trevor Lawrence next year...which will never happen.
    What...you don't want to try the Suck for Luck type campaign..."Lose for Lawrence!" campaign is possible for any team.

Leave a comment:

• Boltjolt
    replied
    Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

Your statement about my thought process is not accurate in part.

First, to state the obvious, every team wants Lawrence, who will be the clear #1 overall pick in next year's draft. I hope that the Chargers are able to maneuver to be able to draft him. Why wouldn't I want us to get the best player?

However, the other part of the equation which I think you are overlooking and that relates to this year's draft is that none of the so-called first round QBs are worth the #6 overall pick--regardless of the presence of Lawrence in next year's draft.

I think Herbert has the most upside of any of the highly touted QBs in this year's draft, but I would not take Herbert until the second half of the first round. If we traded back and got two first round picks, then I would be okay with taking Herbert in the first round.

Taking any of the QBs at #6 overall is simply a waste of draft capital, so my dream result is a dream result in part because it prevents our front office from doing something stupid and because it gets us to a player with great potential in Simmons and I would only take Chase Young over Simmons.
    Disagree and Herbert wont make it to the second half of the first round. QBs always get over drafted whether they deserve to be or not. How else does Blaine Gabbart go #10? He wasnt very good on college. Neither was Kyle Boller who went 12th ...and Baltimore traded up for him.

Its just the way it is. I dont think Herbert is #6 QB worthy but maybe Carlolina does at #7, maybe Jax does and takes him at #9 if we trade back.
    You act like everything will just fall in place for us. You also act like we wil be the only team that will want Lawrence. Both are foolish thinking.

I think some are worthy of #6....its just that one wont happen for us without trading the farm and the other is a china doll that i just cant draft there with good conscience. I think Herbert has potentual but needs some work. Id rather use a 2nd on him but no way that that will happen so in reality, i think we have to pick him at #6....which is why i have him there in my sig.
    You saying he has the most potentual is a reason alone to use #6 on him. You probably arent the only one who thinks that and ther are teams right behind us that need a QB with potentual.

Every draft pick is potentual.
    Last edited by Boltjolt; 03-27-2020, 03:52 PM.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

LOL...give it up dude...your "dream draft" is predicated on us drafting Trevor Lawrence next year...which will never happen.
    Your statement about my thought process is not accurate in part.

First, to state the obvious, every team wants Lawrence, who will be the clear #1 overall pick in next year's draft. I hope that the Chargers are able to maneuver to be able to draft him. Why wouldn't I want us to get the best player?

However, the other part of the equation which I think you are overlooking and that relates to this year's draft is that none of the so-called first round QBs are worth the #6 overall pick--regardless of the presence of Lawrence in next year's draft.

I think Herbert has the most upside of any of the highly touted QBs in this year's draft, but I would not take Herbert until the second half of the first round. If we traded back and got two first round picks, then I would be okay with taking Herbert in the first round.

Taking any of the QBs at #6 overall is simply a waste of draft capital, so my dream result is a dream result in part because it prevents our front office from doing something stupid and because it gets us to a player with great potential in Simmons and I would only take Chase Young over Simmons.

Leave a comment:

• richpjr
    replied

If we stay reasonably healthy next year, even with Taylor at QB, we'll likely be around a .500 team and won't come close to sniffing Lawrence or any other of the top QB prospects - which is why I am in favor of drafting a QB this year.

Leave a comment:

• Lone Bolt
    replied
    Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post
    The dream draft scenario is this:

1. CIN--Joe Burrow
    2. WAS--Chase Young
    3. DET--Jeffrey Okudah
    4. JAX (trade with NYG)--Tua Tagovailoa
    5. MIA--Justin Herbert
    6. LAC--Isaiah Simmons

Of course, even this assumes that we would not be stupid enough to take Love over Simmons. I feel good, but not great about the chances we would take Simmons over Love in that situation.

Leave a comment:

• Sb4Rivers
    replied
    Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

You’re referring to Joey, SupaMel, Perryman, Rayshawn, and MDavis?
    Why are we losing them?
    Will we not have replacements for the ones we don’t resign?

Not this year, but could see Bosa or SupaMel not here next year. Don’t want that but rolling out with Taylor and and a 2nd or 3rd round QB not going to fly. We are at #6. You really have to pick a Franchise type QB. Tua.

Leave a comment:

• like54ninjas
    replied
    Originally posted by Sb4Rivers View Post
    On one hand, Simmons could be great for Defense, but if chargers cannot stop KC with this defense they are going to lose several good players next year.

Hope might be only thing to hold our great players here for a few more years., that’s why QB (Tua) needs to be drafted.
    You’re referring to Joey, SupaMel, Perryman, Rayshawn, and MDavis?
    Why are we losing them?
    Will we not have replacements for the ones we don’t resign?

Leave a comment:

• Sb4Rivers
    replied
    On one hand, Simmons could be great for Defense, but if chargers cannot stop KC with this defense they are going to lose several good players next year.

Hope might be only thing to hold our great players here for a few more years., that’s why QB (Tua) needs to be drafted.

Leave a comment:

• Maniaque 6
    replied
    Originally posted by richpjr View Post

I'm not in favor of trading up for Tua, but of course it matters who is at QB. Look at the last SB - one QB missed a game winning play at the end and the other drove down for the winning score.
    Same old story. J. Flacco, D. Hostettler and company prove the opposite.

Leave a comment:

• Kingcrimson
    replied
    Originally posted by richpjr View Post

I'm not in favor of trading up for Tua, but of course it matters who is at QB. Look at the last SB - one QB missed a game winning play at the end and the other drove down for the winning score.
    The 49ers defense was just good. Not great where 2015 Cam Newton and 2013 Payton Manning’s life was hell when facing them in the SB.

Leave a comment:

• richpjr
    replied
    Originally posted by Kingcrimson View Post
    If we somehow land Simmons and have a defense similar to the 15 Broncos and 13 Seahawks, and can efficiently run the ball and not turn it over, I don’t think it really matters who we have at QB. No need to give up all our picks for Tua.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X