POLL: Should The Bolts Trade Up For Tua?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boltjolt
    replied
    Originally posted by Steve View Post

Everyone is going to set their own value on Hebert and where they would pick him.

To me, a guy with as many mechanical flaws, timing issues and generally poor accuracy (not completion percentage but actual accuracy) is not a top 10 pick, IMHO. He is not that productive, and he is going to take a big step up in terms of what he is being asked to do mentally, what defenses are doing (mentally) and to think he is just going to be able to step up and be the guy is a little optimistic. He has the tools to develop into a top 5 type of player, but he isn't there yet.

I agree, that it is likely that some other QB needy team is likely to jump up and go after him. There are a lot of things to like about him. He has the potential to be that guy.

The other thing to remember is that there were only 2 QB at this point last year that anyone was talking about. Tua and some people mentioned to keep an eye on Hebert. The rest of have basically come from nowhere. There will be other QB next season, so I don't see the need to overpay and reach for Hebert (or any other QB) too early just because people say we need a QB. There will be QB in FA and the draft next season (assuming there is a this season).
    Ha, I mentioned Herbert's accuracy and flaws in footwork and some just wanted to point to his completion %. Gotta see him play.
    He isn't as accurate as his completion % claims. But he does have good upside. Just gotta get that out of him and he needs work.

I prefer him at 37 but no way a GM lets him last that long. Will be gone by 9 to 15 if we trade down.

Leave a comment:

• ChargingBolts
    replied
    Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Teams rarely meet with all the prospects they select.
    Their scouting department has.
    Wouldn't the scouting department be part of the team?

Leave a comment:

• like54ninjas
    replied
    Originally posted by ChargingBolts View Post
    TT hasn't even interviewed Tua (or Simmons or Odukah or top OT's)

walterfootball.com/ProspectMeetings/ByTeam
    Teams rarely meet with all the prospects they select.
    Their scouting department has.

Leave a comment:

• ChargingBolts
    replied
    TT hasn't even interviewed Tua (or Simmons or Odukah or top OT's)

Leave a comment:

• Steve
    replied
    Originally posted by Bolts27 View Post

Steve Interesting... I'm not for trading up to get him.. but I'd be happy if he's still there at 6, I think he's going to be more sought after than you think...
    Everyone is going to set their own value on Hebert and where they would pick him.

To me, a guy with as many mechanical flaws, timing issues and generally poor accuracy (not completion percentage but actual accuracy) is not a top 10 pick, IMHO. He is not that productive, and he is going to take a big step up in terms of what he is being asked to do mentally, what defenses are doing (mentally) and to think he is just going to be able to step up and be the guy is a little optimistic. He has the tools to develop into a top 5 type of player, but he isn't there yet.

I agree, that it is likely that some other QB needy team is likely to jump up and go after him. There are a lot of things to like about him. He has the potential to be that guy.

The other thing to remember is that there were only 2 QB at this point last year that anyone was talking about. Tua and some people mentioned to keep an eye on Hebert. The rest of have basically come from nowhere. There will be other QB next season, so I don't see the need to overpay and reach for Hebert (or any other QB) too early just because people say we need a QB. There will be QB in FA and the draft next season (assuming there is a this season).

Leave a comment:

• dmac_bolt
    replied
    Herbert is going to be a lot better than this board thinks. I’d take him at 6.

Leave a comment:

• Bolts27
    replied
    Originally posted by Steve View Post
    I don't see Hebert as being worth a 6th pick. If we trade down into the teens or 20's, it would make sense, but he is not a good enough player to be worth the 6th pick.
    Steve Interesting... I'm not for trading up to get him.. but I'd be happy if he's still there at 6, I think he's going to be more sought after than you think...

Leave a comment:

• Maniaque 6
    replied
    Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Alex Smith was the #1 selection in that draft.
    Yes. And A. Rodgers was #2 QB at 24 !!!

Leave a comment:

• Budsman
    replied
    Originally posted by blueman View Post

I’d rather give up this year’s first and next year’s first, least number of picks.
    Please no. If tua falls to us and that’s the route the Spanii decide to go then fine but if they mortgage the future for an oft injured college qb they are taking too big of a risk.

I guess we will see what happens.

Leave a comment:

• powderblueboy
    replied
    Originally posted by Maniaque 6 View Post
    If we were in 2005, Herbert would be 2nd round pick.
    Alex Smith was the #1 selection in that draft.

Leave a comment:

• blueman
    replied
    Originally posted by rikardo View Post
    Best options IMO
    1.- Trade up give up the 3rd pick this year and 2nd round pick next year for Tua (he is the best QB of this draft IMO)
    2.- If Tua is off the board, stay at 6 pick and draft Simmons (I really hope we end up with either Tua or Simmons)
    3.a.- If Tua and Simmons are off, draft best OT at 6.
    3.b- Trade down (7 to 15 pick) and draft (OL, ILB or RB with the first 3 picks not in that order but we need to improve there)
    I’d rather give up this year’s first and next year’s first, least number of picks.

Leave a comment:

• rikardo
    replied
    Best options IMO
    1.- Trade up give up the 3rd pick this year and 2nd round pick next year for Tua (he is the best QB of this draft IMO)
    2.- If Tua is off the board, stay at 6 pick and draft Simmons (I really hope we end up with either Tua or Simmons)
    3.a.- If Tua and Simmons are off, draft best OT at 6.
    3.b- Trade down (7 to 15 pick) and draft (OL, ILB or RB with the first 3 picks not in that order but we need to improve there)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X