• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JOJAX85
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Sep 2018
    • Irmo, SC
    • Send PM

IF Guyton is back it will fix a lot of problems. OR Hardman from KC is a FA. Not incredible numbers this year, but 4.3 speed backs up a Defense, which opens up the Run game, which takes Herbert out of a lot of these 3rd and Longs.

Comment

• Kellyb72601
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Sep 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by DerwinBosa View Post
      Dallas Cowboys outrushed the Tampa Bay Buccaneers 128-52.
      San Francisco 49ers outrushed the Seattle Seahawks 181-104.
      New York Giants outrushed the Minnesota Vikings 142-61.
      Buffalo Bills outrushed the Miami Dolphins 107-42.
      We got outrushed 117-67.

The Bengals were the only team to get outrushed and win this weekend. The victory was against a backup quarterback who fumbled at Cincinnati's goal line when it was 17-17 in the fourth quarter, and the fumble was returned 99 yards for the winning touchdown.

It's beyond the point for this organization to realize the importance of running the football. The fact that Brock Purdy (nice story) and Daniel Jones (great guy, but nowhere near the talent of our quarterback) are still in the playoffs and Justin Herbert isn't is one of many examples of how this organization doesn't get it.
      I wouldn't say Daniel Jones is all that much less talented than Herbert. Throwing the ball, sure, but Daniel Jones uses his legs. He rushed for nearly 100 on Sunday.

The league is morphing into utilizing 6 back offense and QBs HAVE to be able to run.

At this point Herbert is basically Kirk Cousins because he doesn't utilize his legs enough.

Comment

• DerwinBosa
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2022
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Kellyb72601 View Post

I wouldn't say Daniel Jones is all that much less talented than Herbert. Throwing the ball, sure, but Daniel Jones uses his legs. He rushed for nearly 100 on Sunday.

The league is morphing into utilizing 6 back offense and QBs HAVE to be able to run.

At this point Herbert is basically Kirk Cousins because he doesn't utilize his legs enough.
        Uh, no.

Comment

• Boltx
          Dominate the day
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Next year might be a make or break year for him. Sure he'll get signed long term, but moreso to see if he can morph out of King Checkdown at all. He's going into year 4 with 0 signature wins under his belt. We need better than that, especially being in the AFC with so many elite QBs ahead of him .

And there's no elite defense or running game coming to save the day. It has to be him.
          ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• Kellyb72601
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Sep 2019
            • Send PM

The excuse will be 3 coordinators in 4 years.

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

And most all those type of QBs ended up hurt. Just a matter of when, not if. Lamar is two years in a row now.

Jones is far less talented than Herbert. And yes replacing coordinators all the time isn't good.

Comment

• richpjr
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Nashville
                • Send PM

I wouldn't say Daniel Jones is all that much less talented than Herbert.
                I would. By a large margin.

Comment

• Kellyb72601
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Sep 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

And most all those type of QBs ended up hurt. Just a matter of when, not if. Lamar is two years in a row now.

Jones is far less talented than Herbert. And yes replacing coordinators all the time isn't good.
                  I'm not talking about Qbs that run the ball 20 times a game like Lamar Jackson. I'm talking about QBs that regularly extend plays and scramble for a first down. Herbert maybe does that once a game. He needs to be doing it 4 or 5 times a game and his internal clock needs to speed up a LOT. He holds the ball too long in the pocket leading to negative plays. I'd like to see him play more like Josh Allen. Drop back, look for the bomb, and if the bomb isn't there frigging haul ass. Instead of doing that Herbert drops back, looks for the 5 yard stick route on one side, then the 5 yard crossing route, then the 5 yard stick route on the other side, then the checkdown 5 yards behind the line of scrimmage. Only if all those options are covered will he try to scramble and usually by then it's too late & he has to throw the ball away or take a sack. I'm sure a lot of that is coaching I just hope it's not too ingrained in him now.

Comment

• JOJAX85
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Sep 2018
                    • Irmo, SC
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

I would. By a large margin.
                    Agreed. Jones has Saquon. If the opposing LBs don't honor the run 1st then he can take it to the house at any time. Opens up the middle of the field. Herbert doesn't have that.

The Cousins comparison is laughable.

Comment

• JOJAX85
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Sep 2018
                      • Irmo, SC
                      • Send PM

I'm not talking about Qbs that run the ball 20 times a game like Lamar Jackson. I'm talking about QBs that regularly extend plays and scramble for a first down. Herbert maybe does that once a game. He needs to be doing it 4 or 5 times a game and his internal clock needs to speed up a LOT. He holds the ball too long in the pocket leading to negative plays. I'd like to see him play more like Josh Allen. Drop back, look for the bomb, and if the bomb isn't there frigging haul ass. Instead of doing that Herbert drops back, looks for the 5 yard stick route on one side, then the 5 yard crossing route, then the 5 yard stick route on the other side, then the checkdown 5 yards behind the line of scrimmage. Only if all those options are covered will he try to scramble and usually by then it's too late & he has to throw the ball away or take a sack. I'm sure a lot of that is coaching I just hope it's not too ingrained in him now.
                      You realize he was playing hurt all year, right?

Comment

• richpjr
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Nashville
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post

Next year might be a make or break year for him. Sure he'll get signed long term, but moreso to see if he can morph out of King Checkdown at all. He's going into year 4 with 0 signature wins under his belt. We need better than that, especially being in the AFC with so many elite QBs ahead of him .

And there's no elite defense or running game coming to save the day. It has to be him.
                        Maybe for a few fans and a clown like Acho but I find the notion he is in a make or break year pretty far fetched. The guy was beat up, hamstrung by an injured roster and hamstrung by a bad offensive system. He is a generational QB who has put up monster numbers, including 13 game winning drives in 3 years. Not saying he doesn't have room for improvement, but he is not close being in a make or break year IMO.

Comment

• Boltx
                          Dominate the day
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

The excuse will be 3 coordinators in 4 years.
                          Kinda like his excuse in college.
                          ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

Working...
                          X