• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Florida fan
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Nov 2022
    • Send PM

Watched Video, so we fired a OC because Herbert did not see the full field or trust the plays. It looks to me that Herbert doesn’t trust his backups or he need more more time to trust the system.
    Not saying Lombardi isn’t the problem, but the plays were there and Herbert chose not to hit the best play.

Now, on Defense we can all agree there wasn’t even one magical play in second half. The butter was so soft, I might have made a first down on 3rd and long.

Comment

• Florida fan
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Nov 2022
      • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

And that injury happened IN the pocket from a blown OL assignment.
      that's relavent imho.
      we cannot over invest in OL and weapons.
      impossible.
      Not sure how long you have been watching Chargers, but this has been common knowledge since LT went to the Jets. It the same way with picking Coaches an FO.

Comment

• 21&500
        Bolt Spit-Baller
        • Sep 2018
        • A Whale's Vajayjay
        • CMB refugee
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Florida fan View Post
        Watched Video, so we fired a OC because Herbert did not see the full field or trust the plays. It looks to me that Herbert doesn’t trust his backups or he need more more time to trust the system.
        Not saying Lombardi isn’t the problem, but the plays were there and Herbert chose not to hit the best play.

Now, on Defense we can all agree there wasn’t even one magical play in second half. The butter was so soft, I might have made a first down on 3rd and long.
        The system itself was not the problem, that's why I think it's smart to have a guy like Joe Brady come in to build off of the same system Herbert already knows.
        Brady however it better able to incorporate deep passes and target speed. His only thing holding him back were his misfits at QB (Darnold, Cam and Bridgewater).
        Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• jamrock
          lawyers, guns and money
          • Sep 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

Definitely not Herbs best game.
          I see a Herbert who isn't trusting his protection and playing too conservatively. I imagine the thinking was, so long as I don't turn it over, we win. Idk.
          good video, the offensive system itself isn't the problem.
          The playcalling wasn't the main problem in this specific game.
          better play by Herb earns a few more first downs and ices the game. Really hope it's not psychological with Herbert.
          likely something between not trusting protection and not wanting to take hits to the ribs.
          If he gives it 1 moie second on some of those reads, someone gets open. Sucks.
          thanks for posting.
          How many times does Kurt Warner say “common concept”? If it was a drinking game you’d die of alcohol poisoning

Comment

• MagicMamba88
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Sep 2019
            • Send PM

Spanos family turning him into Rivers 2.0 well his peers are out there winning playoff games.

Comment

• Boltx
              Dominate the day
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

This is why your leader needs to have that special kind of moxy to be able to win meaningful games, and not some ultra nice guy who doesn't want to be mean against the opposing defense and not challenge them deep.

"Our window is my entire career"

This guy is the truth. Wish Herbert had even half of his confidence. Maybe Herbert will win a meaningful game someday...
              ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• Boltx
                Dominate the day
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by MagicMamba88 View Post

Spanos family turning him into Rivers 2.0 well his peers are out there winning playoff games.
                Maybe... maybe Herbert also needs to play better too?
                ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• DerwinBosa
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2022
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post
                  This is why your leader needs to have that special kind of moxy to be able to win meaningful games, and not some ultra nice guy who doesn't want to be mean against the opposing defense and not challenge them deep.

This guy is the truth. Wish Herbert had even half of his confidence. Maybe Herbert will win a meaningful game someday...
                  Burrow was excellent today. He also had the benefit of his team outrushing the Bills 172-63. Our inability to run the ball and stop it are our problems. Herbert isn't the issue.

Comment

• 21&500
                    Bolt Spit-Baller
                    • Sep 2018
                    • A Whale's Vajayjay
                    • CMB refugee
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post

Laughable.
                    Herbert has plenty of confidence.
                    Joe rides the thin line between swag and sass.
                    Id even argue Joe demonstrates insecuity and needs validation from cool his cigar smoking, coat wearing peers.
                    I'll take Herbert style of confidence over Burrows any day
                    Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• NoMoreChillies
                      Outback Goon
                      • Sep 2018
                      • Australia
                      • Send PM

Heal up Herb

you were not your best this season but still a warrior for toughing it out

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
                        Moderate Skeptic
                        • May 2022
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by NoMoreChillies View Post
                        Heal up Herb

you were not your best this season but still a warrior for toughing it out
                        I remember reading an article immediately after Justin got hurt that quoted multiple other QB's who had similar issues. Basically they all said that the ribs will be an issue for the rest of the year as long as he keeps playing. That particular injury doesn't go away without significant down time.

There's no denying his physical toughness, but there are limits to everything. If he could have played 'game manager' a la Brock Purdy it would have worked out better. Unfortunately Herbert has to carry the team, has to compensate for all of the other deficiencies. That's a lot of pressure. This could NOT have been a fun year for him . . . . hopefully he gets healthy and recharged over the offseason.

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jul 2022
                          • White Rock, BC Canada
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post

I remember reading an article immediately after Justin got hurt that quoted multiple other QB's who had similar issues. Basically they all said that the ribs will be an issue for the rest of the year as long as he keeps playing. That particular injury doesn't go away without significant down time.

There's no denying his physical toughness, but there are limits to everything. If he could have played 'game manager' a la Brock Purdy it would have worked out better. Unfortunately Herbert has to carry the team, has to compensate for all of the other deficiencies. That's a lot of pressure. This could NOT have been a fun year for him . . . . hopefully he gets healthy and recharged over the offseason.
                          Yes but lets remember, during a tough year where he had painful rib injury, rarely had his best WRs together and had a shitty OC...he did still finish 2nd in the NFL in passing yards, behind only Mahomes

Comment

Working...
                          X