• Show
Clear All
  • richpjr
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Nashville
    • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Chain’s expert assessment of the Herbert pick, aging as well as any of his expert assessments
    Go back and read the first 10 pages of this thread and you'll see an awful lot of well aged assessments!

Comment

• Xenos
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
      Like I said, let’s begin the spin baby!

Comment

• SuperCharged
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Sep 2019
        • Utah
        • Midnight Toker
        • Send PM

Originally posted by SuperCharged View Post
        I'm not disappointed. I wanted simmons. I think he could be a great QB. Smart, tall, 4.7 40. He has the tools can we develop him to be an all pro?
        Whew I new mine wasn't bad. Did I say All Pro? Hmmm.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
          Day Tripper
          • May 2019
          • North of the Lagoon
          • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Go back and read the first 10 pages of this thread and you'll see an awful lot of well aged assessments!
          I did. Some of the smartest most confident experts in this forum.
          “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Chain’s expert assessment of the Herbert pick, aging as well as any of his expert assessments
            I think I may have been the only person on this forum that had the top 3 QBs in the exact right order of best to worst before the draft--Herbert, Burrow and Tagovailoa in that order. FWIW, I am pretty sure our front office had that wrong too, but CIN and MIA idiot proofed them since they were apparently going to take the best remaining QB on the board no matter what.

Herbert has been better than everyone thought he would be. Nobody else had Herbert as their top QB. So I was more right about Herbert than most were and I am not going to sweat having had another player ranked ahead of him at the time of the 2020 draft.

So, once again, your effort is weak.

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

LOL, i went thru the first 20 and surprised i only commented twice. But , i just thought he needed some footwork coaching and get the ball out sooner. Wasnt in love with his accuracy over 10 yards but i guess his recievers were crap then at Oregon.

Comment

• Maniaque 6
                French Speaking Charger Fan
                • Jan 2019
                • Québec city
                • Send PM

At the draft, JH was clearly the 3rd best QB
                Like Mahomes a few years ago
                It's the proof that things can change with time

Comment

• Formula 21
                  The Future is Now
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Republic of San Diego
                  • Send PM

Thank heavens we didn’t get Tua. Instability/turmoil at qb is the worst thing that can happen to a team
                  Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                  The Wasted Decade is done.
                  Build Back Better.

Comment

• DerwinBosa
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2022
                    • Send PM

Hated the pick when it happened. I wanted Simmons or Derrick Brown, the defensive tackle out of Auburn. I knew we couldn't get Joe Burrow, the only quarterback I wanted, and I didn't want any part of Tua or Herbert. I thought Chase Young was the best player in the draft, but I knew we couldn't get him, so I wanted the next best defensive player.

Then I did as I always do after we pick in the first round. I remembered how wrong I have been about several prospects in the past. Herbert was now ours, so I wanted him to become great. Minus the lack of team success around him, which I hope won't be the case during the majority of his career, I am ecstatic with how it turned out.

Comment

• DerwinBosa
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2022
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

I think I may have been the only person on this forum that had the top 3 QBs in the exact right order of best to worst before the draft--Herbert, Burrow and Tagovailoa in that order. FWIW, I am pretty sure our front office had that wrong too, but CIN and MIA idiot proofed them since they were apparently going to take the best remaining QB on the board no matter what.

Herbert has been better than everyone thought he would be. Nobody else had Herbert as their top QB. So I was more right about Herbert than most were and I am not going to sweat having had another player ranked ahead of him at the time of the 2020 draft.

So, once again, your effort is weak.
                      Tom Telesco said he had Herbert rated as the #1 player before the 2019 NFL Draft prospects announced their intentions, so he liked him better than Kyler Murray and Nick Bosa. Then Herbert decided to stay in school. To be fair, Telesco didn't say that about 2020, so maybe he had Burrow and Chase Young ranked higher than Herbert. But I don't think at #6 overall in the 2020 NFL Draft Telesco said, "Oh, well. I guess we'll just settle for Herbert."

Comment

• Maniaque 6
                        French Speaking Charger Fan
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Québec city
                        • Send PM

If I remember well, TT said he would take any of the best 3 QBs.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Don't forget Lawrence being called a once in a lifetime QB in many years. He still has time but he sure looked bad last season.

Comment

Working...
                          X