• Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

Sorry I meant MY Lynn-nerve was hit, I get threatened by these passes this man gets sometimes, like we shouldn’t be critical because he did charity work overseas and was hit by a car. Obviously we’re on different sides and don’t have to rehash anything about a man who is no longer here, I wish him well, I think his 7 million next year will help him sleep off his unemployment status.
    The revealing part for me is your last sentence, I’m not sure exactly what you mean but this is the potential root of our differing perspectives. I don’t think players and coaches should be held to the same standard. It’s a much bigger topic but coaches should be held to a higher standard because they have bigger responsibilities. There are exceptions I would say with your “star” player, but comparing Guyton for dropping a pass he tried to catch, is different than choosing to ignore the relevance of a decision as a HC.
    I’m critical of Lynn’s decision, Guyton didn’t choose to not catch the pass, big difference.
    7 million? I thought he was making a little over half of that.

Comment

• 21&500
      Bolt Spit-Baller
      • Sep 2018
      • A Whale's Vajayjay
      • CMB refugee
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

7 million? I thought he was making a little over half of that.
      I might be wrong but that’s what I thought the 1 year extension was for...
      P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
      P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
      P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
      P4. Obnoxious Communication - Matlock

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

I might be wrong but that’s what I thought the 1 year extension was for...
        I don't what it was for but I thought he was making 4-4.5 mil. Seven sounds awfully high for Dean to be paying.. That would be by far the most ever for a HC... Especially a lame duck.

Comment

• SuperCharged
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Sep 2019
          • Utah
          • Midnight Toker
          • Send PM

Man after watching some of those highlights just leaves me with a grin.

I remember the camp video of him hitting nothing but net on that 40 yard target. Pleeeeeeease Spani.... Pleeeeeease invest in your future for once.

2 top FA Tackles and at least 4 of our 9 picks on O'line. That's all I am asking. JH with an Oline like Indy would be spectacular.

Comment

• BayAreaBoltz
            Chargers Hall of Fame
            • Sep 2019
            • Send PM

So happy we have Herbert. Cannot believe the Chargers ended up on the good side of this draft (considering how often we end up on the wrong side of most things).

Even MORE elated after reading about Dolphin players being disgruntled and unimpressed by Tua.

Comment

• AKFlyFisher
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Dec 2020
              • Send PM

I recently discovered a bunch of "Shortcut" games from 2005 - 2006 on Youtube. Watching Rivers, I was amazed at how he lacked fluidity and he had pretty poor footwork. I actually saw him trip and fall twice in a game. The offense was quite simple for him, often right side reads to make it easier. Rollouts were to the right as well. Not to compare Rivers and Herbert too much, but the differences are pretty eye opening and I thought others here might appreciate it.

Comment

• gzubeck
                Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                • Jan 2019
                • Tucson, AZ
                • Send PM

Originally posted by AKFlyFisher View Post
                I recently discovered a bunch of "Shortcut" games from 2005 - 2006 on Youtube. Watching Rivers, I was amazed at how he lacked fluidity and he had pretty poor footwork. I actually saw him trip and fall twice in a game. The offense was quite simple for him, often right side reads to make it easier. Rollouts were to the right as well. Not to compare Rivers and Herbert too much, but the differences are pretty eye opening and I thought others here might appreciate it.

Pretty crazy that even a younger rivers was that immobile. I think Rivers played better on the colts this season than he did for our playoff run that year.
                Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Velo
                  Ride!
                  • Aug 2019
                  • Everywhere
                  • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                  • Send PM

This guy breaks down Herbert's issues reading well-disguised coverages and blitzes, and why he struggled against Miami, NE and Buff. It's a rookie thing that he should improve at with experience.

Los Angeles Chargers rookie quarterback Justin Herbert took the league by storm in 2020 despite many scouts saying that he would be a bust coming out of coll...

Comment

• CivilBolt
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Nov 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
                    This guy breaks down Herbert's issues reading well-disguised coverages and blitzes, and why he struggled against Miami, NE and Buff. It's a rookie thing that he should improve at with experience.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BoMeyDSWO_U
                    Going against Gus’ vanilla D weekly didn’t help.

Comment

• Critty
                      Dominate the Day.
                      • Mar 2019
                      • Send PM

So PFF after review of the 2020 top 3 rookie QBs play, says Burrow is still the best QB in that draft class.
                      The reason, his top 5 accuracy on intermediate throws is already elite level. And that trait is more stable going forward to predict success.
                      Herbert play under pressure was insanely good and better than Borrow. But his clean pocket graded a full 10pts below Burrow performance in clean pockets. And their conclusion is that the things Burrow did well with clean pocket and intermediate throws are more stable traits year to year.
                      ​​​​​​What Herbert can do is work on his intermediate touch and timing to become elite there like Burrow. And then he will end any debate moving forward of who will end up the best QB from the 2020 class.

​​​​​​

​​​​​​
                      Who has it better than us?

Comment

• Charge!
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Aug 2019
                        • Send PM

Interesting comparison:

Joe Burrow, Tua Tagovailoa and Justin Herbert all found themselves in starting roles in their rookie seasons. With the 2020 regular season in the rearview mirror, we can rerank the trio based on their performances.

Comment

• gzubeck
                          Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Tucson, AZ
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post
                          So PFF after review of the 2020 top 3 rookie QBs play, says Burrow is still the best QB in that draft class.
                          The reason, his top 5 accuracy on intermediate throws is already elite level. And that trait is more stable going forward to predict success.
                          Herbert play under pressure was insanely good and better than Borrow. But his clean pocket graded a full 10pts below Burrow performance in clean pockets. And their conclusion is that the things Burrow did well with clean pocket and intermediate throws are more stable traits year to year.
                          ​​​​​​What Herbert can do is work on his intermediate touch and timing to become elite there like Burrow. And then he will end any debate moving forward of who will end up the best QB from the 2020 class.

​​​​​​

​​​​​​
                          The Best QB is the one who can stay healthy and play hard and Win. People laugh at Bradshaw and his skillset but in the end he's got nice sparkly knuckles to show for his endeavors. The minute Herbert steps on the field the team jumps up in all aspects. Playmaking ability and to sustain drives with points on the board is the biggest benchmark. People laugh at Mac Jones because he's not this flashy mobile QB but all he does is make plays. Maybe not a top ten pick but he is a first rounder even with Alabama's help.
                          Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

Working...
                          X