• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt4Knob
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Dec 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Rivers could never make that throw in that way. Justin is a huge upgrade ... over a future HOFer. Maybe the FO will give this one an OL for more than one or two seasons in a 16 yr career.
    Exactly. Rivers was short-changed too many years on the OL. And sure maybe they tried but close only counts in horse shoes. The Chargers after this year have
    Herbert: 4 more years (at least)
    Allen: at least 3 if not 4 through 2024
    Ekeler: three more years
    Williams: at least one more year

Thats a lot of talent for the skill positions. Henry might be back next year - Parham.
    So the weapons are there - get your OL in a position they can be good for these same period of time. Bring back Feeney and Lamp, Turner is around, Bulaga - really shore up that OL. You got a few year window - maximize it!

Comment

• Silversurfer
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Apr 2019
      • Los Angeles
      • Send PM

Lions fans punching the air right now knowing they could of had Herbert instead they pick a CB whos getting burnt on every play. Herbert is hopefully the Chargers savior, by that I mean getting the right coaches and players going forward.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Dec 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Silversurfer View Post
        Lions fans punching the air right now knowing they could of had Herbert instead they pick a CB whos getting burnt on every play. Herbert is hopefully the Chargers savior, by that I mean getting the right coaches and players going forward.
        True. But I do think a lot of the players are in place. Jeremiah is right - they just need OL, LB and some DB help.

I have no idea if Herbert will be a one year wonder or a good player or a star - but the Front Office needs to give him every chance and that starts Up Damn Front!

Comment

• WindsorUK
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2013
          • Windsor, U.K.
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Exactly. Rivers was short-changed too many years on the OL. And sure maybe they tried but close only counts in horse shoes. The Chargers after this year have
          Herbert: 4 more years (at least)
          Allen: at least 3 if not 4 through 2024
          Ekeler: three more years
          Williams: at least one more year

Thats a lot of talent for the skill positions. Henry might be back next year - Parham.
          So the weapons are there - get your OL in a position they can be good for these same period of time. Bring back Feeney and Lamp, Turner is around, Bulaga - really shore up that OL. You got a few year window - maximize it!
          What's their contract status? Is either one signed beyond this year?
          Neither has obviously made an impact this year( tough to do in street clothes) but are proven vets. If they can somehow show their worth the rest of the year, drafting a stud at C or LT, could really improve Herbert's long term health projections.

Comment

• richpjr
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Nashville
            • Send PM

Originally posted by WindsorUK View Post

What's their contract status? Is either one signed beyond this year?
            Neither has obviously made an impact this year( tough to do in street clothes) but are proven vets. If they can somehow show their worth the rest of the year, drafting a stud at C or LT, could really improve Herbert's long term health projections.
            Turner has one year left after this year and Bulaga has two.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Dec 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Turner has one year left after this year and Bulaga has two.
              Hence, if you bring back Feeney and Lamp, you still have Pipkins or Storm for depth, maybe Toner - but you had TWO - count them TWO OL in the draft, you are creating depth for Bulaga and Turner the following year if one or both are not back.

Comment

• PhilaBoltster
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Mar 2019
                • Send PM

I’ve seen enough of Herbert this year.

Seeing what happened to Burrow, I’d shut him down now and save him for next year. Realistically what is the upside of him playing more this year, more development? He’s already playing at as high of a level as imaginable. I know you “can’t do it” because everyone will cry tank, but it’s actually the smarter move. Why risk a potentially bad injury behind this OL when the rest of this season is meaningless?

Comment

• 21&500
                  Bolt Spit-Baller
                  • Sep 2018
                  • A Whale's Vajayjay
                  • CMB refugee
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by PhilaBoltster View Post

Seeing what happened to Burrow, I’d shut him down now and save him for next year. Realistically what is the upside of him playing more this year, more development? He’s already playing at as high of a level as imaginable. I know you “can’t do it” because everyone will cry tank, but it’s actually the smarter move. Why risk a potentially bad injury behind this OL when the rest of this season is meaningless?
                  Absolutely
                  Been saying this for a while
                  id say a good compromise would be starting him every game and sitting him at halftime
                  perhals Pep can do this as interim
                  The oline is tired by the second half and vulnerable to lapses like we saw with Lamp against the Jets
                  same with Bosa, he has nothing left to play for
                  Would be a nice gesture for Tyrod since we know Lynn is motivated to do something for Tyrod
                  G-Ro knows.

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Hence, if you bring back Feeney and Lamp, you still have Pipkins or Storm for depth, maybe Toner - but you had TWO - count them TWO OL in the draft, you are creating depth for Bulaga and Turner the following year if one or both are not back.
                    Feeney and Lamp aren't bad, but we can do better at the spots they're vacating.

I definitely agree we have to address C and LT.

Comment

• Topcat
                      AKA "Pollcat"
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by PhilaBoltster View Post

If we bench Herbie now, and play Tyrod, it creates a QB controversy which Loyal Lynn could exploit to make Taylor the starter next year...don't laugh, that's how AL rolls...

Comment

• Topcat
                        AKA "Pollcat"
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargersPowderBlue View Post

Feeney and Lamp aren't bad, but we can do better at the spots they're vacating.

I definitely agree we have to address C and LT.
                        Lamp is actually playing well; Feeney seems to stumble, falls, gets rag-dolled, and allows too much pressures...Feeney is the one who needs upgrading...

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

If we bench Herbie now, and play Tyrod, it creates a QB controversy which Loyal Lynn could exploit to make Taylor the starter next year...don't laugh, that's how AL rolls...
                          Tyrod is a FA after this season. You think we resign him...IF Lynn isnt fired? And would he resign with us after what happened? I think Tyrod moves on, The Bungles need a QB for next season. God help Tyrod if he goes there.

Comment

Working...
                          X