• Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
    You know, you can be less sensitive about comments regarding Derwin James. We get it, you are in a deep bromance with Derwin. But try to take comments that point out truths but are critical of Derwin less personally. Let it go.

Yes, looking forward to a new season. The offense is going to be great. I just hope Derwin and the rest of the defense are up to the task.
    Nope, I've said nothing the last dozen times you have brought it up so, wrong again.
    It just gets old...... chaincrusher style old. Let it go.

Maybe you can find something to look forward to this season.

Comment

• Velo
      Ride!
      • Aug 2019
      • Everywhere
      • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Nope, I've said nothing the last dozen times you have brought it up so, wrong again.
      It just gets old...... chaincrusher style old. Let it go.

Maybe you can find something to look forward to this season.
      It's OK to admit you have a bromance going with Derwin. There's no shame in it. We all get them. Everybody understands.

Comment

• Topcat
        AKA "Pollcat"
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post

That's possible, when you don't get to the negotiating table last minute. They came early, and came hard. Justin WANTS to be with the Bolts, and he did his part in the deal by not extorting the team to the degree that's it's handicapped in any efforts to acquire more player talent. Win - Win.
        Yep...also, if u want to get the team on yer good side, don't diss them publicly like BellyEkkie is doing...

Comment

• dmac_bolt
          Day Tripper
          • May 2019
          • North of the Lagoon
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

It's OK to admit you have a bromance going with Derwin. There's no shame in it. We all get them. Everybody understands.
          Derwin is AWESOME
          “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
            Beef Before Gazelles
            • May 2021
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Yep...also, if u want to get the team on yer good side, don't diss them publicly like BellyEkkie is doing...
            You think Ekeler doesn't have a legit complaint?!? And if he's not silent about it, that makes him a bellyacher?!?

All things considered, Ek has handled himself very professionally, and no one questions that he's given his ALL to the team, work and commitment-wise.

Tough crowd, man.

Comment

• 21&500
              Bolt Spit-Baller
              • Sep 2018
              • A Whale's Vajayjay
              • CMB refugee
              • Send PM

Originally posted by DerwinBosa View Post

And for Ekeler to rush for more than 35 yards in a playoff game. We can go through every player and coach with this. Why it needed to be mentioned in this thread right after Herbert was extended is beyond my knowledge.
              With all respect,

I found your comment grossly inappropriate, unnecessary and unfair to Herbert for this same reason, so we have something in common.

Justin had a bad half, just like everyone else, unlike everyone else, he's dealing with ripped rib cartilage and an injured non-throwing shoulder--which is a detail that isn't fair to exclude.

Of course hes going to have to live up to his contract!
              What kind of passive-aggressive point were you trying to articulate?
              whatever it was, it landed to me like you were hating on our QB, and this isn't the time for that.
              2024: Far From Over

Comment

• Topcat
                AKA "Pollcat"
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Derwin is AWESOME
                I have a feeling Derwin will play even better now that he has a vet LB in Kendricks who is decent in coverage AND knows which lanes to fill...AND sure hope the rook Henley turns into a gem also...last chance for K9....

Comment

• DerwinBosa
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2022
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

With all respect,

I found your comment grossly inappropriate, unnecessary and unfair to Herbert for this same reason, so we have something in common.

Justin had a bad half, just like everyone else, unlike everyone else, he's dealing with ripped rib cartilage and an injured non-throwing shoulder--which is a detail that isn't fair to exclude.

Of course hes going to have to live up to his contract!
                  What kind of passive-aggressive point were you trying to articulate?
                  whatever it was, it landed to me like you were hating on our QB, and this isn't the time for that.
                  Thanks for the "all respect," but I think your response to my point about no player being beyond reproach is overly dramatic, which is to be expected in an era many football fans root for a quarterback instead of a team. (You may be one of those fans. I don't know.)

But let's be clear about this: in a thread that has nothing to do with him, it's OK to slam Derwin James (a guy who's come back from two devastating injuries in his young career to return to All-Pro form) for about the 5,000th time for giving up ONE game-winning touchdown to an all-time great tight end, but it's "grossly inappropriate" to say that everyone needs to live up to their contracts while pointing out that Herbert (in a thread that's actually about him) threw a pass that looked like it was intended for Manute Bol instead of a wide open Keenan Allen in the end zone during the most embarrassing playoff loss in this team's history? Blame that on torn rib cartilage all you want, but I doubt you'll do the same for any other injured player on this team.
                  Last edited by DerwinBosa; 07-27-2023, 11:18 PM.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                    Day Tripper
                    • May 2019
                    • North of the Lagoon
                    • Send PM

Thanks for the "all respect," but I think your response to my point about no player being beyond reproach is overly dramatic, which is to be expected in an era many football fans root for a quarterback instead of a team. (You may be one of those fans. I don't know.)

But let's be clear about this: in a thread that has nothing to do with him, it's OK to slam Derwin James (a guy who's come back from two devastating injuries in his young career to return to All-Pro form) for about the 5,000th time for giving up ONE game-winning touchdown to an all-time great tight end, but it's "grossly inappropriate" to say that everyone needs to live up to their contracts while pointing out that Herbert (in a thread that's actually about him) threw a pass that looked like it was intended for Manute Bol instead of a wide open Keenan Allen in the end zone during the most embarrassing playoff loss in this team's history? Blame that on torn rib cartilage all you want, but I doubt you'll do the same for any other injured player on this team.
                    This is outrageous, scandalous, egregious, unfounded and … ok, it’s an opinion. We all have had moments of getting way too wound up in TPB this off season. I’ve had my share of over-reactions. Ok, not really - all of my reactions were perfectly legitimate, necessary and spot on. Obviously

Herbert is an elite QB, there has never been a QB that didn’t make a mistake. Critics should be more circumspect on how hard it is to play NFL QB. The BEST QB in history had completion % under 70%. So why be so critical of one pass? Only the best QBs don’t implode in a grisly fiery wreck, the NFL is THAT HARD. Herbie not only plays well, he had the best 3 years in the history of ALL QBS EVER. Pause for a moment to let that sink in as this is fact - “the best of all QBs ever”. embrace the best ever, you’re not getting perfection. accept some passes won’t be caught, some plays won’t work. No team ever had every play work and every pass caught. No team ever will. He absolutely deserves his contract and I am ECSTATIC he is locked down thru 2029. He will be a Charger for life, we are beyond fortunate.

Derwin is an elite player and there has never been a Safety in the history of sport that didn’t make a mistake. Derwin does things other Safeties cannot dream about being able to do. You gotta accept he will not win 100% of all plays in every game. No Safety ever has or ever will. Embrace that he makes impact plays all over the field on a regular basis, accept the great that he is and let go of your perfection standard, there is no perfect anything.

you guys are both right for the player you support / defend, you are both wrong for the player you disrespect. Jmo, which as noted is always spot on
                    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Xenos
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Send PM

Here’s another contract breakdown.

In this interview, Steven is joined by Salary Cap Analyst Brad Spielberger to break down the details of the Justin Herbert contract extension - plus a little...

Comment

• Xenos
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Send PM

Let me finish!

Comment

• 21&500
                          Bolt Spit-Baller
                          • Sep 2018
                          • A Whale's Vajayjay
                          • CMB refugee
                          • Send PM

So this sounds like retaliation from any Derwin smack talk.
                          No one is above criticism, but the timing was curious, you decide to criticize JH after he just got his 2nd contract?
                          and without any context?

that's a trolly move, maybe that's not the intention, but a poor choice motivated by a petty motive. It's a charger board, don't be shocked if I or anyone else defends any player at any given time. I certainly expect it when I engage in criticism I find warranted.
                          2024: Far From Over

Comment

Working...
                          X