• New Jersey
    • Send PM

Comment

• richpjr
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Nashville
      • Send PM

Comments from Raiders defense on Herbert after the game (from a blurb in an article):

The Chargers beefed up their offensive line in the offseason with the addition of first-round right guard Zion Johnson and held Crosby, Chandler Jones and the rest of the defense without a sack. (They had only three quarterback hits, and Crosby had two of those and Jones had the other,)

Jones thought he had Herbert a few times, but here’s something you may not realize about the quarterback primarily known as a gunslinger.

“He is a very strong guy,” Jones said. “There were a few times I got my arms around him and he was still able to get rid of the ball. I had his whole leg wrapped up early in the game and he still completed the ball.”

Herbert finished 26-of-34 for 279 yards, and best showed off his arm strength with his second of three touchdown passes, a 23-yard heat-seeker down the middle for DeAndre Carter.

“He is a playmaker,” Crosby said. “You can hit him 100 times and he just keeps coming. He is really fun to compete against and I am looking forward to seeing him again.”

Carr is one of the top dozen or so quarterbacks in the league, and what makes the AFC West so tough is that the other three QBs — Patrick Mahomes II, Herbert and Russell Wilson — may be better.
      Herbert is only 24 years old and coming off a ridiculous season, but something that Hobbs saw Sunday made him raise his eyebrows a little bit.

“He was more patient today, which I think is a big step for him,” Hobbs said. “If he didn’t see the deep ball, he would check it down. He didn’t do that last year.

“He is already so efficient and deceptively elusive. People think he is just a great passer, but it’s very hard to get him down in the pocket, and then he can scramble and make a 70-yard throw. That’s a problem.”

Comment

• cmplxgal
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2017
        • New Jersey
        • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
        Comments from Raiders defense on Herbert after the game (from a blurb in an article):

I was just going to post some of this. Great praise from a division opponent.

Comment

• Boltx
          Dominate the day
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Give this guy the biggest contract in NFL history already...I don't want to take a chance and have him slip away.
          ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• sdchrgrboy
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Sep 2021
            • San Diego
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post
            Give this guy the biggest contract in NFL history already...I don't want to take a chance and have him slip away.
            I know it's the Spanos but there is 0% chance of this

Comment

• Bolt-O
              Administrator
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post
              He can't negotiate a new contract until the start of his 4th NFL year... CBA rules.

Comment

• sdchrgrboy
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Sep 2021
                • San Diego
                • Send PM

Another thing we probably haven't had in a long time is a QB that is one of the new faces of the NFL. Justin is now a spokesperson for SoFi, as he signed a contract with them so we will be seeing him on TV like Mahomes. In being the one the top NFL players, I think we will finally get some penalty calls going our way when guys get close to him, like Brady always seemed to get and Rivers never did.

Comment

• Velo
                  Ride!
                  • Aug 2019
                  • Everywhere
                  • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by sdchrgrboy View Post
                  Another thing we probably haven't had in a long time is a QB that is one of the new faces of the NFL. Justin is now a spokesperson for SoFi, as he signed a contract with them so we will be seeing him on TV like Mahomes. In being the one the top NFL players, I think we will finally get some penalty calls going our way when guys get close to him, like Brady always seemed to get and Rivers never did.
                  I wonder if it rankles Kroenke a bit that the company that has the naming rights to his stadium has an endorsement deal with the QB of his tenant and not his own team's QB.

Comment

• SuperCharged
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Sep 2019
                    • Utah
                    • Midnight Toker
                    • Send PM

Herbert alone is going to explode the Charger fan base. We may even see the days of opposing fan owning our home games start to fade. I shake my head. Never seen anything like it. That is how good he is. :shock:

Comment

• richpjr
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Nashville
                      • Send PM

I know it's the Spanos but there is 0% chance of this
                      Why is that? We have the highest paid safety in the league. He have one of the highest paid corners in the league.

Comment

• sdchrgrboy
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Sep 2021
                        • San Diego
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Why is that? We have the highest paid safety in the league. He have one of the highest paid corners in the league.
                        I was responding to Boltx who posted he didn't want the chance he would slip away, and I posted there was 0% chance he would slip away meaning we would resign him. Even though Spanos has made some boneheaded moves in the past. I agree now that they're in LA, they're sending more money and no doubt Herbert will be the highest paid QB when his contact is done

Comment

• richpjr
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Nashville
                          • Send PM

I was responding to Boltx who posted he didn't want the chance he would slip away, and I posted there was 0% chance he would slip away meaning we would resign him. Even though Spanos has made some boneheaded moves in the past. I agree now that they're in LA, they're sending more money and no doubt Herbert will be the highest paid QB when his contact is done
                          Ah, got it - I misunderstood your point.

Comment

Working...
                          X