• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • powderblueboy
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

We are going to run a version of the Shannahan system, motion, zone stretch runs, inside traps, play action, challenging the D vertically in the seems/outside the #s, lots of screens, TE/WRS slot as weapons, RPOs, designed QB runs/bootlegs, and running the ball 35+ times a game.
    Then they need to get a rb asap on day 3.

Comment

• like54ninjas
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Oct 2017
      • Great White North
      • Draftnik
      • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Definitely drafting an RB and pulling in a couple UDFAs.
      My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
      K9
      Nasir
      Tillery
      Parham
      Reed

Comment

• Budsman
        Registered Charger Fan
        • May 2017
        • Send PM

His floor is a solid NFL quarterback, Tua's floor is the IR.

I was one of the few who is not a huge Burrow fan.
        I mean that’s definitely the floor for Tua. For Herbert that elevator keeps going down. On the flip side his ceiling could be very high, just a big gamble on some big changes from the college days. Here’s hoping, I’m not sure it was a solid gamble at 6 though. Time will tell.

Comment

• Budsman
          Registered Charger Fan
          • May 2017
          • Send PM

His name is Fournette. :disco:

Comment

• like54ninjas
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Oct 2017
            • Great White North
            • Draftnik
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Budsman View Post

I mean that’s definitely the floor for Tua. For Herbert that elevator keeps going down. On the flip side his ceiling could be very high, just a big gamble on some big changes from the college days. Here’s hoping, I’m not sure it was a solid gamble at 6 though. Time will tell.
            Well the likely ceiling for Tua is the acoustic tiles he’ll be looking at from multiple hospital beds.

My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
            K9
            Nasir
            Tillery
            Parham
            Reed

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Dec 2019
              • Send PM

Definitely drafting an RB and pulling in a couple UDFAs.
              I read something where as of yesterday, pre-draft, Chargers were top 5 in players available to reach 90 player limit. Like the Raiders had some 11 or 12 spots to fill. Chargers were in the mid 20's left to fill and they traded one pick away. So yes, the Chargers should be quite active in the UDFA market on Saturday and Sunday.

Comment

• Velo
                Ride!
                • Aug 2019
                • Everywhere
                • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                • Send PM

I know this has been stated, but thinking about this overnight I think it is important in evaluating Herbert until we actually get to see him play:

Compare the weapons that Herbert had at Oregon compared to what Tagovailoa had at 'Bama. Tua had the best receiving corps in college football - two of his receivers were top 15 picks yesterday. Herbert had nowhere near that level of talent to support him at Oregon. I am not taking away from Tua, I wanted him over Herbert. But this fact elevates Herbert in my eyes. He's going to have Keenan Allen, Mike Williams, Hunter Henry and Austin Ekeler to throw to.

Comment

• 21&500
                  Bolt Spit-Baller
                  • Sep 2018
                  • A Whale's Vajayjay
                  • CMB refugee
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Scoregon View Post
                  One thing that probably isn't common knowledge among most folks here is that Hebert never did the camp circuit or had extra quarterback coaching. I think is worth mentioning in this day and age of private qb coaches working with kids in high school or even sooner, that the pre-draft process is the first time Justin has ever worked with a quarterback coach other than those on his teams. So some of the excellent throwing sessions at the senior bowl, combine, and pro day, may represent some real improvement and not just him being well suited to those environments (still likely part of it). I think particularly when it comes to footwork, he seems to have made some genuine improvement.
                  great point.
                  G-Ro knows.

Comment

• gzubeck
                    Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Tucson, AZ
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I read something where as of yesterday, pre-draft, Chargers were top 5 in players available to reach 90 player limit. Like the Raiders had some 11 or 12 spots to fill. Chargers were in the mid 20's left to fill and they traded one pick away. So yes, the Chargers should be quite active in the UDFA market on Saturday and Sunday.
                    Isn't this a bit ridiculous...I would say the chargers already have a solid 45 player team and we're just filling in the grout at this point with a few players and some players on the practice squad. We don't have to have 90 players do we? I don't want 10 kamikaze players who have zero chance of making the team injuring our other players. No?

:mybrainhurts:
                    Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Dec 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

Isn't this a bit ridiculous...I would say the chargers already have a solid 45 player team and we're just filling in the grout at this point with a few players and some players on the practice squad. We don't have to have 90 players do we? I don't want 10 kamikaze players who have zero chance of making the team injuring our other players. No?

:mybrainhurts:
                      I think you mainly have a 90 man roster so that there is competition in practice ; guys won't get worn out and players to play pre-season games

Hey maybe a guy makes it who otherwise might not.

But yes, to your point - the chargers roster I would say after tomorrow is pretty much locked down save a veteran or two signing somewhere between now and camp/

Comment

• 21&500
                        Bolt Spit-Baller
                        • Sep 2018
                        • A Whale's Vajayjay
                        • CMB refugee
                        • Send PM

We are going to run a version of the Shannahan system, motion, zone stretch runs, inside traps, play action, challenging the D vertically in the seems/outside the #s, lots of screens, TE/WRS slot as weapons, RPOs, designed QB runs/bootlegs, and running the ball 35+ times a game.
                        which is perfect.
                        mobility, misdirection, bootlegs while letting the Defense know we can threaten the deep end right?
                        kid threw a 60 year ball flat-footed.
                        it starts with the physical tools, and i have lots of reasons to expect JH to grow with pro coaching.
                        I really am fascinated
                        kid looks like a soldier needing a good general.
                        Zach Moss in the 4th and we're good
                        G-Ro knows.

Comment

• 21&500
                          Bolt Spit-Baller
                          • Sep 2018
                          • A Whale's Vajayjay
                          • CMB refugee
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
                          I know this has been stated, but thinking about this overnight I think it is important in evaluating Herbert until we actually get to see him play:

Compare the weapons that Herbert had at Oregon compared to what Tagovailoa had at 'Bama. Tua had the best receiving corps in college football - two of his receivers were top 15 picks yesterday. Herbert had nowhere near that level of talent to support him at Oregon. I am not taking away from Tua, I wanted him over Herbert. But this fact elevates Herbert in my eyes. He's going to have Keenan Allen, Mike Williams, Hunter Henry and Austin Ekeler to throw to.
                          more weapons than he's ever had.
                          a few tidbits from interviews with his high school football coach, college strength and conditioning and college roomate
                          - JH was the best player in his high school in all 3 major sports (football, baseball, basketball) translatable skills.
                          - suffered a concussion and broken leg bone (edit: femur) in his Jr season in high school, but was playing basketball a few months later.
                          - had to be held back from lifting weights as a precaution against injury, but his weight lifting form is "excellent" so maybe he gets significantly stronger
                          and it also tell me he is a competitor
                          G-Ro knows.

Comment

Working...
                          X