• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • richpjr
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Nashville
    • Send PM

As someone pointed out, Herbert has never worked with a QB coach before. He has been working with 3DQB since the end of the college season to work on his mechanics and footwork. This is the same place that Brady, Brees, Stafford and Ryan use. If you read some of the feedback from his pro day from NFL people, there has already been a lot of improvement on his footwork and his already strong arm is better with smoother mechanics. Not sure why some are burying the guy before he has ever thrown a pass. It will take a couple of years to see how good he can become.

Comment

• gzubeck
      Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
      • Jan 2019
      • Tucson, AZ
      • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

Herbert is actually faster than either Wentz or Allen.
      Like I said we Drafted Thor. Now if we can Draft Mjolnir (RB) to bring the Hammer and Lightning back to the chargers!:larry:
      Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• blueman
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
        We need a qb whisperer
        anyone available?
        I nominate Charge!

Comment

• 21&500
          Bolt Spit-Baller
          • Sep 2018
          • A Whale's Vajayjay
          • CMB refugee
          • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

I nominate Charge!
          Crazy enough to work
          G-Ro knows.

Comment

• gzubeck
            Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
            • Jan 2019
            • Tucson, AZ
            • Send PM

I nominate Charge!
            Being Funny eh! The only Thing Charge would have to say is "We shoulda drafted Burrows!":wtf2:
            Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• 21&500
              Bolt Spit-Baller
              • Sep 2018
              • A Whale's Vajayjay
              • CMB refugee
              • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

Being Funny eh! The only Thing Charge would have to say is "We shoulda drafted Burrows!":wtf2:
              Not true.
              he would also mention Tua.

Oh wait, that would be me.
              G-Ro knows.

Comment

• blueman
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Motivation can be an effective tool.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Oct 2017
                  • Great White North
                  • Draftnik
                  • Send PM

I nominate Charge!
                  Winner! Winner! Chicken Dinner!
                  My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                  K9
                  Nasir
                  Tillery
                  Parham
                  Reed

Comment

• Charge!
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Charge! believes he is a QB expert. He’s not but that’s besides the point.
                    Not exactly....lol ....but I've played every position on a football field except kicker from my teen age years all the way till my late 40's...when my knees and ankles simply could not take the abuse anymore.....
                    I dont begin to know everything, but I know enough to know how hard certain positions are to play and more importantly I know enough to know when to tell that others know what they are talking about. There are alot of ex players, coaches and scouts who enjoy breaking down film in fine details and some of them post these breakdowns on the internet for all to see and learn from.

There are alot of other "experts"(as in ex players, coaches, scouts) who have made many generalizations about Hebert as well as other players without specifying details or pointing out the issues on film. It does not mean that they are right or wrong, because without the specifics, its hard to know or understand exactly what they are referring to so one can believe their conclusions. I agree without the details, its just an opinion, that's why I have provided links to well made videos that explain some of those details.

Based on all that I have read, listened to or seen, I believe that there is alot of validity to many of the criticisms of Heberts game. Some of those experts believe some of the flaws can be fixed some might not. That is probably why most "experts" are recommending he sit for his first year or most of it.

That all being said, after seeing and listening to Hebert's long press conference, it is obvious that Hebert is a very, very nice, smart, humble, extremely likable kid. He is maybe a nicer, more likable guy than Rivers. He was so nice, humble and so extremely happy and positive about becoming a Charger, sounded like it was his life long dream....he almost made me cry. He reminded me about how happy and confident of a Chargers fan I used to feel long long ago during Air Coryell days..... and for a short time under Boss Ross...... I dont think I've ever heard a fan or a player so happy to be part of the Chargers......... though LT made a hell of a passionate speech when he retired, which is why we all love him as a player and a person.....

As a die hard Chargers fan of 50 years, the Spanos organization has done so many negative things, bad decisions, that hurt the team and hurt the fan base(like moving to LA) that I, and many other Chargers fans have become far more negative, depressed, and jaded than we ever wanted to be...... its become so bad that we now expect the negative, we expect disaster, we expect failure....... which is sad...... as Chargers fans we have grown used to the negativity and low expectations but it was sadly a huge shock to some Oregon fans..... they were right, none of us should be so negative...even during such stressful times....pandemic, unemployment, etc...... I appologize if I have offended anyone....that is never my intention.....

I don't know if Hebert will ultimately be a good QB, great QB, HOF QB, or even a failure......... BUT after hearing him talk and being so positive about the Chargers, he actually made me start to feel better and feel like there is actually reason for hope! I dont know how good or bad Hebert will be, but it is obvious that he will be giving it his all every day to get better and better. He is too likable not to like him ands want him to succeed. Whether Hebert ends up being great or not great, maybe his positive attitude will help lift the spirits of both the team and not fan base. His great attitude might even grow the fan fanbase. It is almost impossible not to like him.

He may or may not have been the best QB in the draft, but maybe he is the best PERSON to be the face of this franchise! His positive attitude is what the team and long term fans needed. He is a Charger now, so I'm not going to try not to say anything negative about him anymore. I'm going to root hard for him to be his best and for the Chargers to win consistently, like I have done for Rivers, LT, Seau, and many others.......

Comment

• 21&500
                      Bolt Spit-Baller
                      • Sep 2018
                      • A Whale's Vajayjay
                      • CMB refugee
                      • Send PM

Doesnt JH kinda sound like Rivers without the bama accent?
                      I think so.
                      G-Ro knows.

Comment

• Chargerville
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Sep 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
                        Doesnt JH kinda sound like Rivers without the bama accent?
                        I think so.
                        For some reason, I was thinking the same thing lol

Comment

• richpjr
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Nashville
                          • Send PM

Dan Pompei's day 1 thoughts about us:

Reviews around the league were very positive for the Chargers, who selected potential cornerstones on both sides of the ball in quarterback Justin Herbert and linebacker Kenneth Murray. General manager Tom Telesco played it well by not moving up for a quarterback, and then moving up for Murray. Many front office men think Herbert is the most physically talented quarterback in the draft. One said he would have had a hard time choosing between Herbert and Joe Burrow. Two talent evaluators said they would not have been surprised to see Murray chosen as high as in the 10-15 range. The Chargers picked him 23rd.

Comment

Working...
                          X