• Send PM

Originally posted by rikardo View Post
    Not sure if this was mentioned

Regarding the talent around Herbert,

Only two other Oregon offensive players got drafted this year

https://247sports.com/college/oregon...0/#146490920_6
    FIFTH ROUND, PICK NO. 150 - SHANE LEMEIUX - OL
    SIXTH ROUND, PICK NO. 208 - JAKE HANSON - Center
    I didnot get into specifics, but yes i did mention that both Burrows and Tua had vastly better skill players and not just this year. Switch Qbs on those teams and how does each fair? For my money Burrows has the highest Bust factor. Couldnt beat out RJ Barrett and stunk yr 1 at LSU and has exactly one albeit phenomenal year of tape. If he played on those Oregon teams he never even gets drafted.

Comment

• Silversurfer
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Apr 2019
      • Los Angeles
      • Send PM

Kind of crazy we potentially finally got our franchise QB. Feels like ages ago with Brees and Rivers. Can’t wait to see him in the pre season throwing to weapons to see what it looks like. He is a Charger now so nothing but positive vibes for him.

Comment

• Critty
        Dominate the Day.
        • Mar 2019
        • Send PM

Herbert does Not look ready to carve up defenses.

The game will be too fast for him. Which is typical for most rookie regardless of position.

Herbert has the tools and clearly is a good kid that is coachable.

The only way the game is going to slow down for him is the same for any player
        Practice, film study, practice, game day experience...rinse repeat.

Herbert will do the work.

Hopefully it isn't about "If" but "when" that work pays off. And he really start to command the offense, see the field, and put the ball where it suppose to be.

Would like to see Tyrod play well enough to win games and let Herbert sit all year. Really think they should do like Reid did. Sit your rookie QB and let him practice and learn in year 1.

Will Lynn be able to resist if Tyrod game managing is not resulting in enough wins to keep his job.
        TT & Spanos please tell Lynn dont rush the young QB to save your job. Be realistic, the team was last place in AFC West. And Cheifs just won Superbowl.
        Tell Lynn the idea is that the Herbert era doesn't begin until 2021. Trust the process.

Who has it better than us?

Comment

• glutton4Bolts
          glutton for punishment
          • Jan 2019
          • Lake Arrowhead, CA
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Silversurfer View Post
          Kind of crazy we potentially finally got our franchise QB. Feels like ages ago with Brees and Rivers. Can’t wait to see him in the pre season throwing to weapons to see what it looks like. He is a Charger now so nothing but positive vibes for him.
          Yeah... He wasn't the player I would have chosen but now that he is the QBOTF you have to give him all the support. The argument about the lack of talent on his team this last season seems to have significant merit. Only two players on the O O got drafted and in the 5th/6th round to boot? Pretty brutal. Tua had two of his WRs go in the first 15 picks along with his LT. Burrows had a WR and RB in the 1st.

At any rate, got to get behind him now that he is a bolt. They say he has the strongest arm in this draft and he ran a 4.68 40... good for 3rd in the class. Mobile with a strong arm... off the charts with respect to intelligence... go Herb!

Comment

• Boltgang74
            We Are The Storm!
            • Aug 2018
            • Send PM

Heres to learning how to read a defense,learning touch,and learning anticipation.

Comment

• Silversurfer
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Apr 2019
              • Los Angeles
              • Send PM

Originally posted by glutton4Bolts View Post

Yeah... He wasn't the player I would have chosen but now that he is the QBOTF you have to give him all the support. The argument about the lack of talent on his team this last season seems to have significant merit. Only two players on the O O got drafted and in the 5th/6th round to boot? Pretty brutal. Tua had two of his WRs go in the first 15 picks along with his LT. Burrows had a WR and RB in the 1st.

At any rate, got to get behind him now that he is a bolt. They say he has the strongest arm in this draft and he ran a 4.68 40... good for 3rd in the class. Mobile with a strong arm... off the charts with respect to intelligence... go Herb!
              Yeah he can clearly sling it. Would be nice to see Wr’s just running for the fences. Now we can actually run some bootlegs and 1st downs.

Comment

• rikardo
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by glutton4Bolts View Post

Exactly. Well said.

Comment

• SYB
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Mar 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Budsman View Post

calling people bitches is playing for you?

I’m sorry you chose to go that way. I’m sure in real life we would have a fun spirited discussion and end with an agreement to disagree and a hearty respect for each other, and not name calling. But alas the inter webs.

No, having a gif war is playing, calling people whiny bitches was just calling a spade a spade.

I'm sorry that you chose to keep whining about something that was completely out of your control and you couldn't possibly change. Not to mention that I think your analysis of him is a total joke. And I can assure you, that in "real life" if someone is being a whiny bitch in my presence, I will not hesitate to let them know. Sorry to disappoint you, but for better or worse, I am 100% the same person online or offline.

Comment

• Thunderbolt
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Apr 2020
                    • Send PM

The Daniel Jones pick and reaction last year showed me that not many people truly know what they’re talking about, so take any criticism of the Herbert pick with a grain of salt. Personally, I think Herbert has a higher ceiling than Daniel Jones.

Comment

• Budsman
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • May 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Thunderbolt View Post
                      The Daniel Jones pick and reaction last year showed me that not many people truly know what they’re talking about, so take any criticism of the Herbert pick with a grain of salt. Personally, I think Herbert has a higher ceiling than Daniel Jones.
                      I mean everyone is guessing unless they have a crystal ball. It’s based on people’s guts and experience. I doubt anyone on here is an expert, we’re just football fans exchanging our opinions. Some people just can’t help but be assholes when others disagree with them, but that’s ok, you have to be able to deal with all kinds.

Comment

• Budsman
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • May 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by SYB View Post

No, having a gif war is playing, calling people whiny bitches was just calling a spade a spade.
                        Calling me names is one think but can you please not use racist Phrases? I’m sure fleet doesn’t appreciate racist phrases used on his board.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                          Smooth Operation
                          • May 2017
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

He seems to have the high IQ and work ethic. One determining factor IMO is whether he has the mental processing capabilities when bullets are live. It's what sunk Josh Rosen IMO who was smart but seemed to lack that ability that Rivers, Brees, and Manning for example had.
                          I have urgency with Herbert.
                          Why ?
                          Thought you'd never ask.
                          Give him challenges and his sleepy ass will get in gear.
                          Game 6 or bust.
                          Mayfield was thrown in a couple of games too soon,
                          and in a shitty situation.
                          Rosen ? '18 Cardinals ?
                          We are LAC with 4/5ths of an Oline
                          and weapons galore.
                          Most importantly, our defense will keep it close.
                          C'mon man.

We do not play modern football.

Comment

Working...
                          X