• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chargers33
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Sep 2019
    • Send PM

Was hoping for Simmons, but he is our guy now so I am behind him 100%. Make the most of your opportunity young man, and lead us to the promised land! Go Bolts!!

Comment

• pacstud
      Black Belt Poster
      • Sep 2018
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

I think that's the point. Looking at his best games will not tell us nearly as much as his worst.
      His Cal game was bad. And he still looked good. Just made some bad throws early.

I think one of my favorite plays is him running 70 yards to tackle the defender at the 5 after a fumble (Auburn?). That showed me something.

But remember, EVERY QB is a bust prospect. ALL of them. Burrows is no lock, contrary to popular opinions. As I was telling a friend, you literally can't name a "hit" QB from LSU or Alabama in fact.

Those schools are so loaded, how everyone can give Burrows a pass but rip on other guys is beyond me. Christ I'd be a 4th round QB if I had led that LSU receiving corps.

Comment

• Heatmiser
        HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Is Rip Scheerer our qb coach?
        Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• PR#1
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Aug 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
          Shows poor foot work. Should have the left foot forward stepping into the throw with his right foot.

That throw will be all arm no lower body but he has the cannon to make an all arm throw.

Comment

• like54ninjas
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Oct 2017
            • Great White North
            • Draftnik
            • Send PM

I had Simmons as the #1 prospect in the draft and as all can attest campaigned for his selection.
            I did not rate QBs as the mental make up equation is too much of an unknown.
            After watching this video I’m posting, interviews Justin’s given, previous & newly acquired background history, listening to the impressive way he demonstrates his high football IQ, competitiveness, perfectionist mentality, COOL AS THE OTHER SIDE OF THE PILLOW PERSONA, and the easily seen physical attributes, extensive game film, and production output I’m going to say one thing......

WE’RE GOING TO WIN!

This is a really great watch.

My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
            K9
            Nasir
            Tillery
            Parham
            Reed

Comment

• Lone Bolt
              Oline-Tip of the Spear...
              • Feb 2019
              • McLean Illinois
              • Pipefitter Illinois State University
              • Send PM

Originally posted by pacstud View Post

His Cal game was bad. And he still looked good. Just made some bad throws early.

I think one of my favorite plays is him running 70 yards to tackle the defender at the 5 after a fumble (Auburn?). That showed me something.

But remember, EVERY QB is a bust prospect. ALL of them. Burrows is no lock, contrary to popular opinions. As I was telling a friend, you literally can't name a "hit" QB from LSU or Alabama in fact.

Those schools are so loaded, how everyone can give Burrows a pass but rip on other guys is beyond me. Christ I'd be a 4th round QB if I had led that LSU receiving corps.
              I know, right? No way Oregon program can put out a pro QB that will be good...but let's take a QB from LSU or Alabama...who never produce francise QBs...

That silly anti-Herbert arguement always irritated me...LSU has YA Tiddle...I can't even name an Alabama guy...at least the Ducks gave the league Fouts...

By the way, the arguement, as a whole, was ridiculous...I woulda taken any of the 3, regardless of what school they came from in Division I

Edit: My bad...my knowledge of where some of the Golden Oldies played is incomplete...it's been pointed out that Joe Namath, Ken Stabler, and Bart Starr are some examples from 'Bama...but certainly nothing from those schools lately...
              Last edited by Lone Bolt; 04-27-2020, 03:22 AM.
              The TPB makes plans....And Jim Harbaugh laughs...

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB, Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• pacstud
                Black Belt Poster
                • Sep 2018
                • Send PM

Originally posted by PR#1 View Post

Shows poor foot work. Should have the left foot forward stepping into the throw with his right foot.

That throw will be all arm no lower body but he has the cannon to make an all arm throw.
                Mahomes has some of the worst footwork in the league...just sayin.

Comment

• Parcells
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                  The disturbing part of the Chargers staff is we have a rookie QB, but no dedicated QB coach. Last year Steichen started the year as the QB coach, and got promoted when Whiz got fired, but they haven't hired a replacement. I think Steichen did a good job with Rivers, since he was the QB coach for some of Rivers recent success.

The catch is that now Steichen has his QB, he has to start coming up with a plan of how they are going to put an offense together. The scheme itself will be the same playbook (with the usual year to year changes), but we run a multiple offense that has a lot of plays in it. A lot of the plays we run are things that are more for Phil, so those are going to be de-emphasized, while you put additional emphasis on other plays that Taylor and/or Hebert run better. I don't doubt he can do it, Steichen is a smart guy. But how is he going to do at doing that, and spending a lot of extra time with a backup, trying to develop.

The other issue is how much is AL going to concede the entire (near) future of the franchise is riding on Hebert? NFL teams are not designed to develop players. You have an offseason where the skill development takes place, along with some of TC. But as you get close to the season, it becomes more about getting ready to play the season, and by the time the season starts, there is very little skill development going on (for any position, not just QB). It would greatly accelerate Hebert's development if we set aside some time every day for Hebert and other young players to get some work on fundamentals. But there may be some cost to dedicating 15-20 minutes a day from game preparation to young player development, although I would argue that player development is the most important part of a successful franchise, since NFL rosters are in a constant state of flux, even when teams are not rebuilding (which is really bullshit, since they are constantly rebuilding, even the best teams).
                  Going a step further, I really don't care about the 2020-21 season. In a division with Patrick Mahomes, Tyrod Taylor is not taking you to the promised land. My #1 priority is his development. If we go 0-16 but JH is ready to take over and be a stud in 2021, I'll be happy. I really hope that they hire a QB coach and then somebody separate whose entire job is simply JH. I'm serious, get a guy who is not distracted by anything but helping JH develop. He can interface with trainers to work on his strength and conditioning, Steichen to be learning plays, and whoever else. But hire a guy (or a few) who is soley focused on JH. The entire Chargers facility is on fire? As long as JH is safe, he doesn't care.

Comment

• Duck fan
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Apr 2020
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by pacstud View Post

A very good post, I remember the 70 yard chase down tackle, the 6’6” 240lb kid has some wheels. It did take him a while in the Cal game to get on track, like all QB’s he is not perfect, he will miss some passes but he will deliver more dimes than bad passes.

you have a great point about big program QB’s, I am not knocking Tua or anyone else but if you are throwing to nfl caliber receivers in college your stock is going way up. She is the last time a top five QB pick did well his first few years? They go to crap teams and get torn up, so is why most Duck fans love the Chargers pick and the fact the coach and GM are already telling him he will sit and learn for a year. Herbert will do better in L.A. to represent the Charges then say Johnny Football? Lol....sad story.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post
                      I had Simmons as the #1 prospect in the draft and as all can attest campaigned for his selection.
                      After watching this video I’m posting, interviews Justin’s given, previous & newly acquired background history, listening to the impressive way he demonstrates his high football IQ, competitiveness, perfectionist mentality, COOL AS THE OTHER SIDE OF THE PILLOW PERSONA, and the easily seen physical attributes, extensive game film, and production output I’m going to say one thing......

WE’RE GOING TO WIN!

He uses the exclamation "shoot". Where have i heard that before?

Comment

• like54ninjas
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Oct 2017
                        • Great White North
                        • Draftnik
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

He uses the exclamation "shoot". Where have i heard that before?
                        Many of the same qualities as Phil.
                        The things that has my hope up so much are his perfectionist mentality and even keeled persona.

My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                        K9
                        Nasir
                        Tillery
                        Parham
                        Reed

Comment

• Scoregon
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Apr 2020
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

WE’RE GOING TO WIN!

Thanks for posting the proper link to that video! I posted a faulty link earlier and briefly mentioned that I thought it gave a solid feel for who Hebert is, the kind of teammate he will be, and some whiteboard stuff that shows he's very comfortable with the language of football. Finally, and sorry if this is repetitive from my previous post, but my favorite part is the film bit, as he is self critical when appropriate, but also revealed something that wasn't public previously, that the clinching play in the Rose Bowl was a quick snap trying to catch the defense offside that didn't work, so he had to improvise, which he does extremely quick and it ended the game. Quite a final throw as a Duck!
                          Last edited by Scoregon; 04-25-2020, 08:31 AM.

Comment

Working...
                          X