Clear All
  • Mister Hoarse
    No Sir, I Dont Like It
    • Jun 2013
    • Section 457
    • Migrant Film Worker
    • Send PM

Originally posted by MasterOfPuppets View Post
    Let's just agree that those who left (specially San Diego natives) are totally justified in their anger and that those that stayed are not Dean's (how did Colbert put it?) **** holsters, we just wan't a place to talk Chargers football (I would guess that the mayority of long time fans wanted to team to stay in San Diego)
    Well put! You will like it here.
    Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
    sigpic

Comment

• BoltBacker
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Las Vegas, NV
      • Send PM

Place coming back to life.

​NICE!!

Comment

• Fleet
        TPB Founder
        • Jun 2013
        • Cardiff - Poipu
        • Send PM

2 more new members today. They havnt said anything yet but its encouraging that we are starting to rebound.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
          Grammar Police
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
          2 more new members today. They havnt said anything yet but its encouraging that we are starting to rebound.
          I have an idea to bring them out, someone needs to start a never should have traded Eli thread... That aut to do it.
          Go Rivers!

Comment

• Fleet
            TPB Founder
            • Jun 2013
            • Cardiff - Poipu
            • Send PM

LOL Stinky.

Comment

• DFWBoltfan
              Registered Charger Fan
              • May 2017
              • Send PM

Greetings fellow Bolts fans,

Became a Chargers fan in the early 80's when our family moved from Minnesota to San Diego. I grew up playing ice hockey and was in a competitive program that won many state titles. When it wasn't the season, I was either in a hockey camp, clinic, ripping slap shots in my driveway, or down in the basement (yes, we had basements) working on stick/puck handling. I lived and breathed ice hockey. So, when we moved to San Diego, there wasn't much of a youth hockey program to speak of, and I had to give it up. Talk about depressing - it was tough. In addition, I found it hard to follow the Minnesota North Stars because hockey wasn't really covered, and when it was, I found it too depressing to follow because I could no longer play or attend games.

My dad took me to my first Chargers game on a weekend trip to look at houses before we moved. He had already become a fan because his Corporate HQ was based in San Diego, and had been to multiple games over the years with colleagues. Was it the Powder Blues (the same color as our hockey team colors) that got me hooked, or watching the likes of Fouts, Chandler, Joiner and Winslow perform these amazing feats? Who knows, but I became hooked. And when I finally settled into my new school, I was encouraged by new friends to go out for the football team - they said, "hey, you like to hit people in hockey, why not come out for the football team?" I did, and had a lot of fun. It also helped me to get a better understanding of football, which made watching my new favorite team all the more enjoyable. The rest is history.

Was a long time poster over at .COM, and we had a great community of people. A group of us started posting in an "off topic" thread that kind of took on a life of it's own - it became almost like our own little private forum within a forum. Got to know a lot of people personally, many even started getting together for games. Most of our "little group" were middle aged, and had been fans for a long time. We had a few younger posters, and a few older as well. It kind of grew into a big family. Alas, as many good things often come to and end, there was somewhat of a revolt when one of the more "dictator" like moderators thought we were having a bit too much fun and dropped the hammer. Well, that was the last straw and a large group of us (including a few moderators) bailed - a few people went to Bolttalk, and the rest of us (about 30 or so) created a private "invite only" forum which still exists today. I signed up for Bolttalk as well to keep in touch with the few who decided that was a better fit for them.

Seeing both Bolttalk and .COM heading south - I'm sure .COM will survive, but I have no interest in posting there anymore. I was not a big Spanos fan, even before their family moved the team, but we don't get to pick our team owners. I love the Chargers, and that will never change - aside from a complete team rebranding, which I don't ever see happening.

That's it in a nutshell. Good to find a new community with fans who bleed blue & gold as I do.

Cheers
              Last edited by DFWBoltfan; 05-07-2017, 07:46 PM.

Comment

• Fleet
                TPB Founder
                • Jun 2013
                • Cardiff - Poipu
                • Send PM

Awesome story DFW. Its great to have you here. We have all been together for almost 15 years. This is our newest site for our community. Let me know if you have any questions. Things have slowed down with the move but we will pick way up once football activities start up.

Great to have all you new family members.

Go Chargers

Comment

• Bolt-O
                  Administrator
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Welcome DFW!

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by DFWBoltfan View Post
                    Greetings fellow Bolts fans,

Became a Chargers fan in the early 80's when our family moved from Minnesota to San Diego. I grew up playing ice hockey and was in a competitive program that won many state titles. When it wasn't the season, I was either in a hockey camp, clinic, ripping slap shots in my driveway, or down in the basement (yes, we had basements) working on stick/puck handling. I lived and breathed ice hockey. So, when we moved to San Diego, there wasn't much of a youth hockey program to speak of, and I had to give it up. Talk about depressing - it was tough. In addition, I found it hard to follow the Minnesota North Stars because hockey wasn't really covered, and when it was, I found it too depressing to follow because I could no longer play or attend games.

My dad took me to my first Chargers game on a weekend trip to look at houses before we moved. He had already become a fan because his Corporate HQ was based in San Diego, and had been to multiple games over the years with colleagues. Was it the Powder Blues (the same color as our hockey team colors) that got me hooked, or watching the likes of Fouts, Chandler, Joiner and Winslow perform these amazing feats? Who knows, but I became hooked. And when I finally settled into my new school, I was encouraged by new friends to go out for the football team - they said, "hey, you like to hit people in hockey, why not come out for the football team?" I did, and had a lot of fun. It also helped me to get a better understanding of football, which made watching my new favorite team all the more enjoyable. The rest is history.

Was a long time poster over at .COM, and we had a great community of people. A group of us started posting in an "off topic" thread that kind of took on a life of it's own - it became almost like our own little private forum within a forum. Got to know a lot of people personally, many even started getting together for games. Most of our "little group" were middle aged, and had been fans for a long time. We had a few younger posters, and a few older as well. It kind of grew into a big family. Alas, as many good things often come to and end, there was somewhat of a revolt when one of the more "dictator" like moderators thought we were having a bit too much fun and dropped the hammer. Well, that was the last straw and a large group of us (including a few moderators) bailed - a few people went to Bolttalk, and the rest of us (about 30 or so) created a private "invite only" forum which still exists today. I signed up for Bolttalk as well to keep in touch with the few who decided that was a better fit for them.

Seeing both Bolttalk and .COM heading south - I'm sure .COM will survive, but I have no interest in posting there anymore. I was not a big Spanos fan, even before their family moved the team, but we don't get to pick our team owners. I love the Chargers, and that will never change - aside from a complete team rebranding, which I don't ever see happening.

That's it in a nutshell. Good to find a new community with fans who bleed blue & gold as I do.

Cheers
                    Welcome. What was your username at .Com? I still belong to the private forum but rarely go there and haven't been there at all for quite some time.
                    11 Brock Bowers TE - Georgia (plus AZ 2025 1st)
                    35 Kris Jenkins DT - Michigan
                    37 Cooper Beebe OG -Kansas st
                    66 Mike Sainristil CB - Michigan
                    69 Jaylen Wright RB - Tenn or Blake Corum - Michigan
                    100 Brenden Rice WR - USC (trade ⬆️w/ Wash for 2025 5th)
                    110 Cedric Gray LB - N. Carolina
                    140 Hunter Nourzad OC -Penn st
                    181 Jarrian Jones CB - Florida st
                    225 Cedrick Johnson Edge - Ol' Miss ➡️ 253 Fabien Lovett DT-FL st

Comment

• RTPbolt
                      Charger Fan till the end
                      • Jun 2013
                      • North Carolina
                      • Send PM

We should have traded him to the Canadian league....or North Korea?

Comment

• whookimane
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • May 2017
                        • Send PM

WhookiMane here to discuss and debate everything chargers :cheers:

Comment

• Fleet
                          TPB Founder
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Cardiff - Poipu
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by whookimane View Post
                          WhookiMane here to discuss and debate everything chargers :cheers:
                          Welcome dude. Good to see you over here. Make yourself at home. Let me know i can do anything for you. Go Bolts.

Comment

Working...
                          X