• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boltnut
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2019
    • Send PM

IMO, Sewell is Top-5 player and just on a different level from all the other OT's (sorry DJ). If Sewell is gone, get an OT in the 2nd round.
    Woody, you have no pass rusher on your list. It's a premier position. Gotta replace Melvin. I'd go DE in the 1st. Zone coverage secondaries need pass rushers on the front end.

1st: DE Gregory Rousseau. 15.5 sacks in 2019. Length and strength to be a productive NFL DE.
    2nd: OT Alex Leatherwood. The recent love affair with Cosmi and Slater is confusing. I've watched both. Darrisaw, Slater, Little, Cosmi, Radunz, Mayfield... Leatherwood... There are a lot of late-1st-round and early-2nd-round talent there. And not a whole lot of separation between them, talent-wise.

You get your 2 premium positions taken care of by picking BPA.

And you protect your other premium position (QB). Did our secondary get that old... that quick...? Or did we just get less pressure on the QB...? 3.5 (combined) sacks from Ingram/Nwosu is unacceptable.

Argue all you want about rounds 3-7... but rounds 1 and 2 seem pretty obvious.

Comment

• like54ninjas
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Oct 2017
      • Great White North
      • Draftnik
      • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Orange alert..."anyone" here.

Chase, like KA, has an ability to get open early in routes. What separates Ja'Marr from Mike Williams, Kyle Pitts, anyone you can name, is his refined route running. Think Keenan Allen with explosive deep speed and equal or greater separation from DBs.

Opponents cannot simultaneously double both KA & JC, while blitzing effectively. Needlessly to say, this helps the Oline and protects Herb. Furthermore we have a perfect weapon that enables us to take full advantage of Herb's elite arm talent.

Either opponents have two top tier CBs, or they are toast. Most significantly, we can roll with KC.

1. Ja'Marr Chase. WR#1.
      2. Dillon Radunz. OLT #1.
      3a. Deonte Brown. ORG#1.
      3b. Mohamed Ibrahim. RB #1b.

Rds 4, 5, 6a, 6b, 7 can be used for TE and defensive depth. This draft is deep at our defensive positions of need.

There is always the possibility that OT#2 rises on the Big Boards between now and Draft Day. I would seriously consider trading up for Sewell too, in line with your concept.

I've been out of touch since the beginning...

I’ll be interested to see Ja’Marr’s combine performance because his HS recruitment speed was not explosive at 4.66.

My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
      K9
      Nasir
      Tillery
      Parham
      Reed

Comment

• Formula 21
        The Future is Now
        • Jun 2013
        • Republic of San Diego
        • Send PM

If we draft "...OL. Early and often." what do you expect to be the end result ? Three new rookie Oline starters. LOL.

We have to be shrewd. The Trenchers do need to worship at their alter though. Me, I want to kick KC's ass and remove that smirk from Patrick's face.
        Two new starters, OLT and C, with the beginning of a pipeline of OL talent. For me, trading back and getting a #1 and a #2 to use on linemen is my perfect draft. Sewell is a dream that I cant see happening. And there are QBs in this draft worth trading to #5 up for.
        Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
        The Wasted Decade is done.
        Build Back Better.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
          Smooth Operation
          • May 2017
          • Send PM

ninja. yer DBs will need that recovery speed.

Nutty go ahead and live your Jacques Cousteau/Inspector Clouseau French fantasies, I've got late DE/DT prospects.

Cat, Chase is your full spectrum WR. OL ?... plenty available even if there is early Penei disappointment, and if there are no other risers for us @#5.

:nod:
          We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Boltgang74
            We Are The Storm!
            • Aug 2018
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post
            IMO, Sewell is Top-5 player and just on a different level from all the other OT's (sorry DJ). If Sewell is gone, get an OT in the 2nd round.
            Woody, you have no pass rusher on your list. It's a premier position. Gotta replace Melvin. I'd go DE in the 1st. Zone coverage secondaries need pass rushers on the front end.

1st: DE Gregory Rousseau. 15.5 sacks in 2019. Length and strength to be a productive NFL DE.
            2nd: OT Alex Leatherwood. The recent love affair with Cosmi and Slater is confusing. I've watched both. Darrisaw, Slater, Little, Cosmi, Radunz, Mayfield... Leatherwood... There are a lot of late-1st-round and early-2nd-round talent there. And not a whole lot of separation between them, talent-wise.

You get your 2 premium positions taken care of by picking BPA.

And you protect your other premium position (QB). Did our secondary get that old... that quick...? Or did we just get less pressure on the QB...? 3.5 (combined) sacks from Ingram/Nwosu is unacceptable.

Argue all you want about rounds 3-7... but rounds 1 and 2 seem pretty obvious.
            I agree if Sewell is gone either trade down or take Rousseau or Parsons then stack up on O line and possibly grab a decent CB.

Comment

• like54ninjas
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Oct 2017
              • Great White North
              • Draftnik
              • Send PM

Nutty go ahead and live your Jacques Cousteau/Inspector Clouseau French fantasies, I've got late DE/DT prospects.

Cat, Chase is your full spectrum WR. OL ?... plenty available even if there is early Penei disappointment, and if there are no other risers for us @#5.

Here are a couple of sleepers for you wood.

Checkout...
              Mike Strachan (WR) University of Charleston. 6’5” / 225#, low 4.4s (4.38 best). Big, explosive, major production, semi new to football, small school competition is question to be answered.

Marquez Stevenson (WR) UH. 6’ / 190#, 4.35. Explosive deep threat, return skills, good hands, underdeveloped routetree.

Jah-Maine Martin (RB) NCAT. 5’10” / 214#. Power, elusiveness, vision, contact balance.

Dayo Odeyingbo (DE) VANDY. 6’6” / 276#. S2P conversion, length, motor, late bloomer.
              My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
              K9
              Nasir
              Tillery
              Parham
              Reed

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Dec 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

If Sewell is not there, I like the trade down, but not too far, or we could lose out on someone like Cosmi. If we go with a WR, late rounds is better.
                I think its pretty easy -- the first four picks

OL in round 1 or 2

Edge or CB with the other pick in round 1 or 2

OL and Edge or CB (whatever you didn't get) in round 3

If you trade back - still need OL

I don't think its complicated. But remains to be seen how the team goes about updating the roster.

Comment

• Topcat
                  AKA "Pollcat"
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Here are a couple of sleepers for you wood.

Checkout...
                  Mike Strachan (WR) University of Charleston. 6’5” / 225#, low 4.4s (4.38 best). Big, explosive, major production, semi new to football, small school competition is question to be answered.

Marquez Stevenson (WR) UH. 6’ / 190#, 4.35. Explosive deep threat, return skills, good hands, underdeveloped routetree.

Jah-Maine Martin (RB) NCAT. 5’10” / 214#. Power, elusiveness, vision, contact balance.

Dayo Odeyingbo (DE) VANDY. 6’6” / 276#. S2P conversion, length, motor, late bloomer.
                  Nice scouting, Ninja. I looked at some of Strachan's highlights and looks good. Former track star, 6-6...use one of our 6th round picks for him!

Charleston wide receiver Mike Strachan is one of the best small school wide receivers in the 2021 NFL Draft. He is a huge target with speed. Mike Strachan is from Freeport, Bahamas but do not let that fool you. The huge wide receiver from the University of Charleston has football in his blood. His father Jerome was a wide

Comment

• Topcat
                    AKA "Pollcat"
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Wood, Chase is a great talent...great combination of speed, route running, adjustments, etc. BUT...I just have O line and Edge rated as higher PON's...

Comment

• Boltnut
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Send PM

Hold your breathe and dive deep to find anyone half as productive as "Jacques Cousteau" in the late rounds, my brother. Miss on DE and you're gonna scald your snails...

Comment

• Fleet
                        TPB Founder
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Cardiff - Poipu
                        • Send PM

Uh oh Wyatt Davis down.

Comment

• Boltnut
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Send PM

• Draft Machine gave me this... I think their rankings need some adjusting. Rounds 2-7... I don't think any of those players will be available.
                          • 5. Los Angeles Chargers
                            Gregory Rousseau
                            EDGE, Miami
                          • 37.Los Angeles Chargers
                            Alex Leatherwood
                            OT, Alabama
                          • 69.Los Angeles Chargers
                            Chuba Hubbard
                            RB, Oklahoma State
                          • 97.Los Angeles Chargers
                            Landon Dickerson
                            IOL, Alabama