Clear All
  • like54ninjas
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Oct 2017
    • Great White North
    • Draftnik
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

Casey has been the bargain of the Century.
    Agreed. 2021 is a different year though.
    My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
    K9
    Nasir
    Tillery
    Parham
    Reed

Comment

• RTPbolt
      Charger Fan till the end
      • Jun 2013
      • North Carolina
      • Send PM

If we have a chance at a top tier OT on either side i hope we take him. We have to improve the line play and tackle has been such a week spot.

Comment

• Charge!
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Aug 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post
        So....a little early, but I guess I will play. Under the assumption that each week we post is based on where we are currently at in the draft order, so 6th? I do not see it being out of the realm of possibility that Sewell will be there...he is my number 1. One thing we are not hurting for, IMO, is offensive playmakers. Pass on WRs and TEs at 6. Here is my Charger's Board for us picking at 6, needing only 4 players since Lawrence and Fields will be picked before us.

Penei Sewell OT
        Micah Parsons LB
        Gregory Rousseau Edge
        Patrick Surtain II/Caleb Farley CB

I really don't see us picking that early...but if we are, as disappointed in the season as I will be...I sure wouldn't be disappointed with any of those players...
        I would agree with all of that, except that we indeed have a major need to add offensive playmakers.....not at six of course but in 2nd or later, we need to add 2 real NFL: sized RB's so we are not dealing with RB injuries every week..... we also need another big fast WR to replace Williams who I cannot see giving a big contract to due to his injury history and inconsistency.... we also need a dominating type of TE(Im spoiled from Chargers having Winslow and Gates sp we need someone like them if we can find them).....and in general it is always a good idea to keep adding more blazing speed if we can since herbert has the arm to take advantage of it and all of our division rivals are loaded with speedy pass catchers.........

and I would be happy with any of those 4 players you listed at 6..... all would be instant starters and stars on Chargers.......

Comment

• beachcomber
          & ramblin' man
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

I would agree with all of that, except that we indeed have a major need to add offensive playmakers.....not at six of course but in 2nd or later, we need to add 2 real NFL: sized RB's so we are not dealing with RB injuries every week..... we also need another big fast WR to replace Williams who I cannot see giving a big contract to due to his injury history and inconsistency.... we also need a dominating type of TE(Im spoiled from Chargers having Winslow and Gates sp we need someone like them if we can find them).....and in general it is always a good idea to keep adding more blazing speed if we can since herbert has the arm to take advantage of it and all of our division rivals are loaded with speedy pass catchers.........

and I would be happy with any of those 4 players you listed at 6..... all would be instant starters and stars on Chargers.......
          Charge! ....not sure you've got much to work w/in this edition of the draft as Terrace Marshall may qualify as the receiver you are looking for, but will likely cost you a first or a high second rounder, and....

@TE, think you're looking at a first round pick to get the type of player you're talking about, unless you want to accommodate the character issues that the Clemson guy comes with ??

so your first and second on pass catchers, and take your chances on a coupla day three oversized RBs ??

5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• beachcomber
            & ramblin' man
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

will also add that FA might be the better place to look, and maybe not for the dominating/oversized version that you hope for, but someone consistent and quality opposite Keenan and to insure Justin has a quality option beyond our WR1 in his soph year.

JuJu Schuster'll prolly be looking @MW monies, so guessin' we'd just hold onto Mike if that was a consideration, and.... there's Kenny Golladay.

my WR2 of choice is Chris Godwin, but there are others out there who might be worth the FA gambit for WR depth.... Isaiah Ford, Cedric Wilson, Dontrelle Inman and our own Tyron Johnson.

@TE, there are four Chargers TEs on the market, if you count Nabers, and speaking for myself, would sign each and every one that made sense to me as a GM, which in my case would be to def bring back Virgil, and hopefully Henry, as not wanting to spend top draft capital for a pass catcher, @TE nor WR.
            5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• Lone Bolt
              Oline-Tip of the Spear...
              • Feb 2019
              • McLean Illinois
              • Pipefitter Illinois State University
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

As far as weapons for Herbert to utilize, our RB/WR/TE combo of Eke/Allen/Henry is one of the most talented in the league...and so far, Herbert hasn't had any trouble making weapons out of our other guys, including UDRFA's, rookies, and underachieving 7th overall picks..."major need"? Gonna strongly disagree. Offensive playmakers is arguably our strength.

Now...that is not to say you can't run into a can't miss prospect and upgrade, simply because the value is too great to pass up...but definitely not a "major need"
              Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                • Feb 2019
                • McLean Illinois
                • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                • Send PM

Casey has been the bargain of the Century.
                Right? Branson Flowers, due to injuries, wasn't near the value, but still a very nice find who gave us some good seasons...seems TT can find vet CBs, but not draft oline.

Maybe TT can find us another vet CB gem...anybody got any ideas on that front?
                Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• beachcomber
                  & ramblin' man
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Right? Branson Flowers, due to injuries, wasn't near the value, but still a very nice find who gave us some good seasons...seems TT can find vet CBs, but not draft oline.

personally would be resigning most everyone we've got, including Facyson, Tevaughn Campbell and Mike D.

and if we've got a new coach, hoping it wouldn't be too awkward to put in a bid to return DK to SoCal ??

you could also go back to the well in Green Bay, as Kevin King is listed as FA there, and....

in SF, if Verrett keeps up his magic, not so sure Ahkello Witherspoon couldn't be signed in FA as well ??

personally would explore things w/Witherspoon and look hard @the draft for my CB of choice, Eric Stokes, as would pass on (Kevin) King and bring back Desmond in place of Harris.... if feasible.

Comment

• Formula 21
                    The Future is Now
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Republic of San Diego
                    • Send PM

If we get rid of Bradley, its likely the next DC will have different requirements for his players. CBs may need more man on man skills.
                    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                    The Wasted Decade is done.
                    Build Back Better.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Oct 2017
                      • Great White North
                      • Draftnik
                      • Send PM

If we get rid of Bradley, its likely the next DC will have different requirements for his players. CBs may need more man on man skills.
                      We can hope.
                      My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                      K9
                      Nasir
                      Tillery
                      Parham
                      Reed

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

personally would be resigning most everyone we've got, including Facyson, Tevaughn Campbell and Mike D.

and if we've got a new coach, hoping it wouldn't be too awkward to put in a bid to return DK to SoCal ??

you could also go back to the well in Green Bay, as Kevin King is listed as FA there, and....

in SF, if Verrett keeps up his magic, not so sure Ahkello Witherspoon couldn't be signed in FA as well ??

personally would explore things w/Witherspoon and look hard @the draft for my CB of choice, Eric Stokes, as would pass on (Kevin) King and bring back Desmond in place of Harris.... if feasible.
                        Doubt they try to bring Desmond back as a FA and ive no interest in Varrett. Yes he so far is healthy this year but you just cant forget his 3 missed seasons in a row. Unless you are talking a 1 year deal. No way id go more.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                          Administrator
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Jax, Washington and Houston all lost, along with the Chargers, so probably no change in Draft order. (Jets and Dallas on Byes)

Comment

Working...
                          X