• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt Dude
    Draftnik
    • Oct 2020
    • Send PM

Originally posted by PORTERPARTY1 View Post

So trade up 3 spots with our #13 and 97 and the cb's and Slater should be available. OL set pick cb or ot with 2nd rd and you should have two new starters. /Then go lb/s or wr at number 3. Starting team looking very strong.
    Might want to allocate one of those first four picks on a TE.

See I wouldn’t give up picks to trade down. Not in this draft. It’s one of the most talent-packed drafts I’ve seen in 20 years.

We really need a starting caliber LT and CB, two of the hardest positions to draft correctly.

Then we need a TE, RG, EDGE, and S.

Need depth at DL and ILB.

Need to find Bulaga’s successor at RT.

But then again there’s really good WRs in this draft, gotta grab one of those too.

That’s 10 picks right there and we only have 9.

There’s still time to sign a FA and hopefully we’ll get lucky with UDFAs. We have a good track record with that.
    Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Dec 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post
      Might want to allocate one of those first four picks on a TE.

See I wouldn’t give up picks to trade down. Not in this draft. It’s one of the most talent-packed drafts I’ve seen in 20 years.

We really need a starting caliber LT and CB, two of the hardest positions to draft correctly.

Then we need a TE, RG, EDGE, and S.

Need depth at DL and ILB.

Need to find Bulaga’s successor at RT.

But then again there’s really good WRs in this draft, gotta grab one of those too.

That’s 10 needs right there and we only have 9 picks.

There’s still time to sign a FA and hopefully we’ll get lucky with UDFAs. We have a good track record with that.
      I am just not trading up for the reasons you mention. The Chargers have bigger needs than OT. I go back to it - but its easy to fall in love with a player, and move up in the draft. Its harder to scout and be patient and find players that fit your system & scheme
      I want Telesco to scout and do his damn job.

As you point out the Chargers need LT, CB, Edge, TE, DT, OG - thats just to start with . Can always use a S and maybe more LB help too

Telesco and staff need to rank the OTs - and figure out the best options. Maybe they can trade with NE and get the Pats 3rd round pick

Maybe they can trade with Chicago (not dropping lower than 19) and get the Bears 2nd and 5th for the Chargers 4th and 6th (or something like that)

I want more picks in this draft in rounds 2-4 - not just trading up. PLus I don't trust Telesco to value players in a trade up.

Comment

• Topcat
        AKA "Pollcat"
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

When he goes on the injury report by week 4, you dont have to gimme props, flyboy...:biggrin:
        Yep...remember when we drafted Tevin "The Human Toothpick" Reese? How'd that work out for us?

Comment

• Lone Bolt
          Oline-Tip of the Spear...
          • Feb 2019
          • McLean Illinois
          • Pipefitter Illinois State University
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Yep...remember when we drafted Tevin "The Human Toothpick" Reese? How'd that work out for us?
          Actually, I dont remember....that makes your arguement right there....
          Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Topcat
            AKA "Pollcat"
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

Actually, I dont remember....that makes your arguement right there....
            There were also concerns Jason "Injury Report" Verrett, with his undersized frame, might not hold up to the beating you get in the pros...turned out to be so true...he was even already injured with a torn labrum when he got drafted...talk about a red flag...

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2021
              • Send PM

Defer to Indy/Wentz now, see how that works out, no longer Chargers/Herberts problem.

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2021
                • Send PM

There were also concerns Jason "Injury Report" Verrett, with his undersized frame, might not hold up to the beating you get in the pros...turned out to be so true...he was even already injured with a torn labrum when he got drafted...talk about a red flag...
                This is true. Reminds me of when Texans signed off on Clowney despite underlying injury, with Aaron Donald and Khalil Mack as better heathy defensive options for Texans. Epic fail in a series of Epic fails, so Chargers have nothing on them, happens to everyone, it’s how you recover and learn from mistakes.

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2021
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I am just not trading up for the reasons you mention. The Chargers have bigger needs than OT. I go back to it - but its easy to fall in love with a player, and move up in the draft. Its harder to scout and be patient and find players that fit your system & scheme
                  I want Telesco to scout and do his damn job.

As you point out the Chargers need LT, CB, Edge, TE, DT, OG - thats just to start with . Can always use a S and maybe more LB help too

Telesco and staff need to rank the OTs - and figure out the best options. Maybe they can trade with NE and get the Pats 3rd round pick

Maybe they can trade with Chicago (not dropping lower than 19) and get the Bears 2nd and 5th for the Chargers 4th and 6th (or something like that)

I want more picks in this draft in rounds 2-4 - not just trading up. PLus I don't trust Telesco to value players in a trade up.

I’m in total agreement. Doing countless trial mock drafts, Chicago has been the #1 trade down partner. Usually taking a LT #20 and 2 boundary corners in rd.2.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Dec 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by TexanBeerlover View Post

I’m in total agreement. Doing countless trial mock drafts, Chicago has been the #1 trade down partner. Usually taking a LT #20 and 2 boundary corners in rd.2.
                    Granted, I am not trading down if the player at 13 is scouted, vetted, right for the scheme, all of that. Don't need to get cute. But if after Sewell and Slater there is a drop off and the prospects are ranked closely, than its fine. I am not trading down behind Indy though - they are in the market for a LT.

Tucker: 6'4 308
                    arm length 32 1/8

is that TRex for arm length - can he play OT with that
                    Jeremiah is pretty high on the guy just hope he can play LT. As that is what the Chargers need. Unless they draft another OT in like R3 or R4 and Tucker moves inside after Year 1

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2021
                      • Send PM

Granted, I am not trading down if the player at 13 is scouted, vetted, right for the scheme, all of that. Don't need to get cute. But if after Sewell and Slater there is a drop off and the prospects are ranked closely, than its fine. I am not trading down behind Indy though - they are in the market for a LT.

arm length 32 1/8

Little might be higher on my board. Chargers need a true LT
                      Need to vet Darrisaw very in depth, address character, mental aspect to see if he checks all the boxes required because he is closest thing to a franchise LT after Sewell.

My problem is I want the best player available. Very rarely does Need meet BPA. Personally hope Sewell falls enough Telesco can trade up for him. Only player that is the perfect match.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Dec 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by TexanBeerlover View Post

Need to vet Darrisaw very in depth, address character, mental aspect to see if he checks all the boxes required because he is closest thing to a franchise LT after Sewell.

My problem is I want the best player available. Very rarely does Need meet BPA. Personally hope Sewell falls enough Telesco can trade up for him. Only player that is the perfect match.
                        Luke Joeckel was the second pick in the draft and didn't turn into a franchise LT. I get how highly Sewell is thought of but if you trade up for him and miss - that hurts your team in many ways. Like I have said, the Chargers, and maybe because the bar is so low - do not need Anthony Munoz or Tony Boselli at LT - they need a good solid player. So to your point, they need to do the research and find the right fit. I just don't think they are close enough where using a lot of draft capital is worth it.

Villanueva (or another veteran) and the CB if Telesco signs one, are stop gaps- still need the long term solutions

Granted, signing veterans for both spots allows flexibility in the draft. Though I think the pick at 13 needs to be OT - like 90%; the other 10% is CB

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

arm length 32 1/8

Jeremiah is pretty high on the guy just hope he can play LT. As that is what the Chargers need. Unless they draft another OT in like R3 or R4 and Tucker moves inside after Year 1
                          Kinda short yes. Is that AVT? Thats an inch shorter than Slaters who was adequate

Comment

Working...
                          X