• Show
Clear All
  • Topcat
    AKA "Pollcat"
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post

Huh.

What wa$ Trent William$ new deal worth again?

$138 million dollar$ ???

That $eem$ pretty $exy to me.
    ^Thi$...A$k the Chef$ how $exy it wa$ to lo$e the $B...

Comment

• wu-dai clan
      Smooth Operation
      • May 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

LOL...that was awesome. JOK is just a dark horse prediction temporarily in my sig...outside chance at best we take him....but even with the Bolt's great needs at LT and CB, you just can't dislike a pick like that at #13. Special player.
      They call him "Wu."
      Trying to figure this out.
      Wu at Will.
      Tranq at MIKE.
      Murray to EDGE.
      Nwosu ("Wo") and Fackrell on the outside.
      Bosa DE.
      I know LAC likes Wu at NLB.
      We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Critty
        Dominate the Day.
        • Mar 2019
        • Send PM

Falcons open to trading pick.

#13 for #4

Give up #77 and 2022 1st

Who has it better than us?

Comment

• Topcat
          AKA "Pollcat"
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

They call him "Wu."
          Wu at Will.
          Tranq at MIKE.
          Murray to EDGE.
          Bosa DE.
          Murray at Edge...now THAT'S an interesting thought, Wood. Well, Murray DID have 9.5 career sacks and 37 TFL at Oklahoma...at the very least, I'd like to see Staley unleash Murray to blitz a couple times a game...

Comment

• Topcat
            AKA "Pollcat"
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post
            Falcons open to trading pick.

#13 for #4

Give up #77 and 2022 1st
            Yep...with all the QB-hungry teams, we could see a bidding war for that #4 spot:

Falcons reportedly willing to trade down from No. 4 pick

While it remains unclear how the San Francisco 49ers plan to proceed with the No. 3 overall pick, the New York Jets trade of Sam Darnold Monday makes it pretty likely that the first three picks will be used on quarterbacks. That means that the real intrigue in the 2021 NFL Draft will start with the Atlanta Falcons at pick No. 4.

With that in mind, ESPN's Adam Schefter says that "multiple teams" have contacted Falcons general manager Terry Fontenot about potentially acquiring the pick. In fact, Schefter reports that Atlanta is "open to moving" the selection.

With the fourth overall pick, the Falcons could consider taking a quarterback. Pro Football Focus graded Matt Ryan as the 12th-best quarterback in the NFL in 2020, so he was far from the biggest problem on a 4-12 team. That said, Ryan will turn 36 before the 2021 season starts, so it's far from a certainty that by the next time that the Falcons contend he'll still be playing at a high level.

The Falcons moving forward with Ryan is very much a possibility, though. They could select Florida tight end Kyle Pitts, who some see as a generational talent. Offensive tackle Penei Sewell would also be a very good selection. Depending upon how far they would move down, though, the Falcons could still land their desired player while obtaining extra draft capital.

The division-rival Panthers are a less likely trade partner after acquiring Darnold, if the two sides would have ever seriously considered making such a trade anyway. The Denver Broncos at No. 9 could theoretically move up for a quarterback, but it's hard to imagine Pitts or Sewell still being on the board at that selection.

Nonetheless, the idea that the Falcons are at least willing to consider trading the No. 4 pick adds another wrinkle to what's already been a very eventual draft season.

Comment

• Topcat
              AKA "Pollcat"
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Jeremiah Mock 3.0 is out, just released April 6:

mock 1.JPG
              mock 2.JPG
              mock 3.JPG
              mock 4.JPG mock 4.JPG
              Five of the top seven picks are quarterbacks in Daniel Jeremiah's new mock draft. Are the 49ers locked in on Mac Jones? Will the Lions pick a passer despite the acquisition of Jared Goff?

Comment

• Bolt Dude
                Draftnik
                • Oct 2020
                • Send PM

They call him "Wu."
                Wu at Will.
                Tranq at MIKE.
                Murray to EDGE.
                Bosa DE.
                Thought you wanted to stack DBs.
                Now we’re stacking LBs?
                Wud you make up your Daing mind?
                Owusu means ‘strong and determined’.
                Nwosu means ‘devoted’.
                Your fluctuating takes are neither.
                Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Derwin's reaction...it's irrefutable, indisputable...it's...science.

:chuckle:

#jok@#13
                  If he is the pick, id be ok with it for sure. Just hope we get that LT we need so bad. This would be one of the right ND players for Telesco, no the other guys he chose.

Loved his comment in that video. : I didnt really understand the formula, i just know it means im hitting someone hard". :chuckle:

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Murray at Edge...now THAT'S an interesting thought, Wood. Well, Murray DID have 9.5 career sacks and 37 TFL at Oklahoma...at the very least, I'd like to see Staley unleash Murray to blitz a couple times a game...
                    Staley already nixed that when asked about it lol. Is it set in stone? IDK, but he said he is an off the ball player. Maybe situational Edge rusher at times but Edge rusher isnt what he is.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post
                      Hmmm, .....well we can stay pat and somehow get a LT in round two OR trade to #7 since Cinci and Miami did what i said they might do there. Sewell could be ours for likely #77 and a 2022 2nd round pick. Or we trade back in round 1 for Little or Cosmi. Not sure either makes it to #47.

And if we do trade back in the first round its going to cost us a 3rd anyways so just go get Sewell? But If we land Little and Horn, id call that a win.

Comment

• chargeroo
                        Fan since 1961
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Oregon
                        • Retired Manager/Pastor
                        • Send PM

I won't be a happy camper if they pass up the chance to get a good LOT again this season.
                        THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Originally posted by DragonIce View Post

I guess top pick Chase Young didn't get the memo.

Slater dominated Young in college...and everyone else. Superior athlete w/superior understanding of the position.

Look, the long arms thing, is a real deal, but there isn't a single o-lineman in this class with a higher floor than Slater. He is the ultimate Silencer...makes defenders irrelevant...puts them in deep freeze.
                          As someone with some reservation about Slater, I am not suggesting that arm length is absolutely everything, but it is an important issue. Moreover, Slater is otherwise small for an NFL OT in terms of both height and weight, which raises an additional question versus even other short armed OL players that have superior overall length and size such as Cosmi and Eichenberg. Length helps to widen the edge, which helps in protecting the QB. Weight can help a player to anchor, which is not an area of relative strength for Slater. Again, these measurables are not everything, but they do represent an objective basis to have legitimate concerns.

When it comes to first round draft picks, I do not prefer players with such readily identifiable concerns when other players (at other positions) may be available that do not have such concerns. Maybe Slater will be great in the NFL, but I would prefer to select a player that does not carry such significant concerns. I would actually rank the concerns with Slater's measurables (something that is guaranteed to be present) as more of a concern than Farley's health issues (something that may or may not be present).

Also, the often recited anecdotal evidence of Slater's performance against Young, while not entirely meaningless, does not prove that Slater will have success at the NFL level against all types of pass rushers and pass rush moves. Sometimes players do well against certain other players. And plenty of players with identifiable red flags have excelled against players in college and then struggled in the NFL against bigger, stronger, faster players to some degree when a weakness gets exposed. That is the whole point of red flags.

Finally, I disagree with the notion that Slater has the highest floor of any OL player in the draft. To me, in making that assertion, you have to be assuming that Slater will play OT in the NFL. That is far from certain. Slater has no college game film at OG. I do not see him as having a guaranteed high floor at all. I think his measurables actually make him a fairly risky player to select because they suggest that Slater could struggle at the NFL level at OT and he is unproven at OG.

Comment

Working...
                          X