• Show
Clear All
  • Boltgang74
    We Are The Storm!
    • Aug 2018
    • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

This is overly simplistic.
    There were numerous machinations over several years.
    One thing can be said...LAC needs to be smart...and stay true to their board.
    I see round 5 offensive linemen I like for us.
    And I hope you are not saying that Rashod Bateman or Rondale Moore are in the same universe as Ja'Marr Chase or DeVonta Smith or Jaylen Waddle.
    Or Surtain II, Caleb Farley are not up to snuff.
    Or Rousseau is any better than Ojulari...
    On and on.
    We should hang on for this reduced NCAA season to end.
    It will all change after the Senior Bowl and Combine.
    Surely everyone sees the discrepancies at various big boards.
    Grab some WRs or RBs in round 5 LOL!Trench time is for the first 3 rounds and its about damn time.Dont care about the past only care about our future with Herbert and TTs ineptitude at building trenches is gonna hold our star and team back.He better change his philosophy on scouting trencher talent cuz so far he sucks!

Comment

• wu-dai clan
      Smooth Operation
      • May 2017
      • Send PM

There are several different pathways at OL, B74. I will keep throwing them all in the cement mixer to figure out which way is preferred.
      We do not play modern football.

Comment

• La Costa Boy
        Pretty much retired......
        • Sep 2018
        • JoJa
        • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
        • Send PM

When are the comp pics awarded?

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

Originally posted by La Costa Boy View Post
          When are the comp pics awarded?
          I think sometime in March or April

Comment

• Critty
            Dominate the Day.
            • Mar 2019
            • Send PM

When I'm reviewing prospects. The tape always matters most.
            One of the things I look most at is 2nd and 3rd efforts. And continuing to find work to do.

I see some of these 1st rd rated players that have 1st rd talent for sure. But the tape says they will take plays off. They will stop working and start watching. They will give up early on a play. Then I see some players that are not as flashy with talent but they are still quite talented but the motor is top notch. Just always working, 2nd, 3rd efforts all the time until the whistle sounds.

It is the talent with a bunch of effort and passion that I'm looking for. If the talent lacks that consistent effort and passion then I'm getting potential that likely is never realized.
            I'm not drafting players with potential that needs to be unlocked. I'm drafting players who will unlock their own potential because of effort and passion they have for the game.

You can see it on tape by how often and quickly the effort is just a 3 second effort and then they give up. I don't care how talented they are....if they have effort issues. They will not give you what you were hoping to get.

Then I'm looking for awareness. If a player finds his work and/or finds the ball quickly and often and easily. Then you can see on tape they understand how to play. If a player misses work to do or struggle to find ball. I don't care how talented that player is. They will miss work and not find ball as a pro too.

if I can find good talent with great effort and great awareness in each rd then good things should happen.

​​​​​​One of my favorite DE in this draft is Carlos Basham. I see a lot of great effort and awareness in how he plays.
            Who has it better than us?

Comment

• Boltnut
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

I am surprised that more don't like Kwity. HE has upside. Combine will be his party.

Nutty if you go back and look at personnel moves by several teams, including TEN, CIN, CLE, DAL, IND and BUF, you'll see what a hit or miss thing it all is.

Your Conklin ended up being a hell of an FA pick up. CIN just missed getting Quenton Nelson. These types of dudes transform Olines.

Did you think Bolles would ever be OK ? Believe it or not, I want to hang in with Tevi-Lamp-Feeney-Turner...budget shopping. Can you just get Bulaga to retire ?
              Kwity Paye is too inconsistent for me. I've seen him disappear in certain games. Tillery is a real good comparison... very inconsistent. If you're inconsistent in college, it's probably because you exposed a college kid that was never meant for pro level but couldn't get anything done vs better production. It's the same reason it's hard to pick a kid from a small school.

Cleveland immediately got better with Conklin at RT. They went out and got the best center (JC Tretter) in free agency and drafted Jedrick Wills (both you and I liked him a lot) in the 1st round. They traded for Teller in 2019 (after Buffalo brought in free agents galore to compete for OG). They kept their 1 solid holdover from the previous regime (2nd rounder Bitonio) and they had a rebuilt OL (2 year rebuild). 2 first round OT's, a solid, proven center through FA, and highly projected OG's through trade and draft. It's exactly what I'm suggesting. And the Bills rebuilt their OL in a very similar way. Dallas hasn't been paying attention to their OL depth lately. Age and injury are catching up to them. They will have to blow up their OL and rebuild once those big salaries expire. Indy spent a lot of draft capital at OG and OC (1st round picks). They already had Costanzo. Where they lucked out was discovering OG Braden Smith (another guy you and I liked) was actually a RT (a position that had been a thorn in their side for years). Cinci's OL is a mess. But they have a cornerstone in Jonah Williams. Their problems are along the interior. They have cap space next year. If they were smart (they're not) they would go get proven experienced IOL via free agency. They should also draft a RT in 2nd or 3rd round. Joe Burrows and Joe Mixon would be shining stars if they could just fix the IOL.

In the end, it takes dedication, vision, and draft investment (higher rounds) to rebuild a terrible OL. I'm afraid the situation will not get fixed with TT at the helm. He got close in 2018 (Okung/Pouncey) but that was an obvious short term patch job. We have the benefit of a rookie QB contract. Get it done now while you can. We've been blessed by the fact that Herbert is so good, so soon. To not take advantage of the circumstances would be insane. "Playmakers" are all over this roster. If you don't provide a sturdy foundation (OL) to support it all... you have failed to understand the most basic fundamentals of football...

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

Kwity Paye is too inconsistent for me. I've seen him disappear in certain games. Mel is a real good comparison... very inconsistent. If you're inconsistent in college, it's probably because you exposed a college kid that was never meant for pro level but couldn't get anything done vs better production. It's the same reason it's hard to pick a kid from a small school.

Cleveland immediately got better with Conklin at RT. They went out and got the best center (JC Tretter) in free agency and drafted Jedrick Wills (both you and I liked him a lot) in the 1st round. They traded for Teller in 2019 (after Buffalo brought in free agents galore to compete for OG). They kept their 1 solid holdover from the previous regime (2nd rounder Bitonio) and they had a rebuilt OL (2 year rebuild). 2 first round OT's, a solid, proven center through FA, and highly projected OG's through trade and draft. It's exactly what I'm suggesting. And the Bills rebuilt their OL in a very similar way. Dallas hasn't been paying attention to their OL depth lately. Age and injury are catching up to them. They will have to blow up their OL and rebuild once those big salaries expire. Indy spent a lot of draft capital at OG and OC (1st round picks). They already had Costanzo. Where they lucked out was discovering OG Braden Smith (another guy you and I liked) was actually a RT (a position that had been a thorn in their side for years). Cinci's OL is a mess. But they have a cornerstone in Jonah Williams. Their problems are along the interior. They have cap space next year. If they were smart (they're not) they would go get proven experienced IOL via free agency. They should also draft a RT in 2nd or 3rd round. Joe Burrows and Joe Mixon would be shining stars if they could just fix the IOL.

In the end, it takes dedication, vision, and draft investment (higher rounds) to rebuild a terrible OL. I'm afraid the situation will not get fixed with TT at the helm. He got close in 2018 (Okung/Pouncey) but that was an obvious short term patch job. We have the benefit of a rookie QB contract. Get it done now while you can. We've been blessed by the fact that Herbert is so good, so soon. To not take advantage of the circumstances would be insane. "Playmakers" are all over this roster. If you don't provide a sturdy foundation (OL) to support it all... you have failed to understand the most basic fundamentals of football...
                As the saying goes, ........Fixed it for ya lol

Agree however, im not on the Paye band wagon.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Dec 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I think sometime in March or April
                  Chargers will be getting a comp pick for Rivers - third rounder

One reason I wanted Trufant over Chris Harris - well two reasons: 1) he had played in a Bradley system with the Falcons 2) wasn't subject to the comp pick game.

Comment

• Boltgang74
                    We Are The Storm!
                    • Aug 2018
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

Kwity Paye is too inconsistent for me. I've seen him disappear in certain games. Tillery is a real good comparison... very inconsistent. If you're inconsistent in college, it's probably because you exposed a college kid that was never meant for pro level but couldn't get anything done vs better production. It's the same reason it's hard to pick a kid from a small school.

Can somebody find a way to email this directly to Telescope and his master little JohnnyNepotism please???

Comment

• Boltnut
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post

Can somebody find a way to email this directly to Telescope and his master little JohnnyNepotism please???
                      LOL! Little Johnny Nepotism...
                      Thanks for props. Most of us do better than LJN.

Comment

• La Costa Boy
                        Pretty much retired......
                        • Sep 2018
                        • JoJa
                        • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
                        • Send PM

Any chance we move Adderley to CB in 2021?

Comment

• like54ninjas
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Oct 2017
                          • Great White North
                          • Draftnik
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by La Costa Boy View Post
                          Any chance we move Adderley to CB in 2021?
                          Certainly.
                          In my “roster build”, I have Nasir competing at NCB along with DS.
                          My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                          K9
                          Nasir
                          Tillery
                          Parham
                          Reed

Comment

Working...
                          X