• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt Dude
    Draftnik
    • Oct 2020
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post
    I'm using my 3rd rounder on best available CB. CB is kinda deep this year. I love Molden, too. Newsome, Adebo, Williams, Thomas... all good choices. I'd add Graham Jr. and Bynum to the list.
    Agreed. It's a good year to need a corner. And as much as I'd like Farley or Surtain, odds are they'll both be gone by #13.

Stokes and Horn are ballers, too. But there's some other players I'd rather have at #13...besides, like you said, the CB class is deep.

Molden's a beast, but he's a natural nickel. That's where he played at UW, and he was incredible at it. Not sure his straight-line speed will project to being an outside guy. Predicting 4.55. Kinda wish our need for a slot defender was greater than our need for an outside guy just so we could target Molden. He seems like the kind of player Staley loves. Some other nickel prospects (IMO) are Asante Samuel, Melifonwu, Lenoir, and Vincent.

As far as outside corners go...

Love Newsome, then after him goes Adebo and Williams. One of those guys should be available in the 3rd.

Not a huge fan of Graham Jr.--can't quite put my finger on it, but he doesn't pass the eye test for me. But a player I really like is Keith Taylor. Looks fluid and fast and sticky. Good ball awareness. Great size and length for an outside corner. I've got a 3-4 round grade on him. After that, I like Aubrey Thomas, who I think is a 4th rounder.
    Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
      Smooth Operation
      • May 2017
      • Send PM

I see Ambry Thomas as a MAN Corner.
      Keith Taylor Zone.
      Love Asante Samuel for us in round 2.
      Boundary capable.

Any thoughts on Ar'Darius Washington for our 4-6 Defense ?
      I definitely consider Molden a better, albeit different player.
      Washington had a meh year and this will lead to him being underrated and good value.
      Slotting. It's a thing.

TY.

Also. Gotta tellya. I believe we can find a CB after round 4.
      Last edited by wu-dai clan; 01-22-2021, 06:14 PM.
      We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Looks pretty good... already giving up on Tillery? Maybe Staley gets something more out of Tillery... maybe he turns into Brockers. Remember Brockers had a slow start.
        I'm using my 2nd round pick on OT. Kinda chancey to wait until the 3rd. Besides, I'm using my 3rd rounder on best available CB. CB is kinda deep this year. I love Molden, too. Newsome, Adebo, Williams, Thomas... all good choices. I'd add Graham Jr. and Bynum to the list.
        Sounds like you are drafting for need rather than BPA that may be a need.
        Again, FA'cy will tell us more what we are should be looking for than saying im gonna go round 2 with X. We may be able to be choosier.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
          Smooth Operation
          • May 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Again, FA'cy will tell us more what we are should be looking for than saying im gonna go round 2 with X. We may be able to be choosier.
          Know the big board.
          Be true to your board.
          Assess the talent.

Have a clue about PON. :lol:

Comment

• wu-dai clan
            Smooth Operation
            • May 2017
            • Send PM

I am sure that everyone can remember that Green Bay played Casey Hayward at Slot Corner.

Hayward signed with the Chargers largely because we were going to give him a shot on the outside.

So ask yourself, is a Slot Corner capable of playing MAN coverage ? (of course they are by definition.)

Hayward is scheme and position flexible.

The question becomes, have his skills eroded ?

Reminder: you are judging a player who played dinged up last year.

Instinctive skills will be highly useful in Staley's defense.

Here's some Combine numbers.

Casey Hayward
            Forty 4.47
            Short Shuttle 3.90
            3Cone 6.76
            5' 11.5"
            192#
            31 YO

Troy Hill
            Forty 4.55
            Short Shuttle 4.21
            3Cone 6.81
            5' 10.25"
            182#
            LAR 2020 CB opposite Jalen
            29 YO

Darius Williams
            Forty 4.55
            Short Shuttle 4.39
            3Cone 7.06
            5' 11.75"
            193#
            LAR 2020 Slot Corner
            26 YO

Comment

• Boltnut
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2019
              • Send PM

It looks like Casey Hayward may be too fast to play in Staley's scheme.

Comment

• Boltnut
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2019
                • Send PM

Nope. The early 2nd round is loaded with BPA OT's.

You got Penei as a top-5... then a big drop off (if Slater is an OG). Then you have Eichenberg, Darrisaw, Radunz, Carman, and Cosmi are my late-1st/early 2nd. One of them should be there. My late 2nd/early 3rd are: Leatherwood, Jenkins. If Little's knee is good... throw him in with the early 2nd-rounders. I doubt if any of them are around in the mid-3rd round.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                  Smooth Operation
                  • May 2017
                  • Send PM

It looks like Casey Hayward may be too fast to play in Staley's scheme.
                  Change usename to Bolt Dolt.
                  :shifty:

Comment

• Boltnut
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Send PM

There are certain PON that just slot the right way for us.

1st: OLB's Zaven Collins, Azeez Ojulari, Joseph Ossai (and a rare chance that Micah Parsons might still be there). I don't care where some "pundits" say these guys believe belong alond the BPA list... these guys are all mid-1st round talents.

2nd: OT (pick one)

3rd BPA @ CB/WR/DE
                    3rd PBA @ CB/WR/DE

Keep in mind, my plan would cut Trai Turner and trade MW (and his cap hit) to clear money to rebuild the IOL + re-sign HH with the $27 million we save from those 2 cuts.

Cut Hayward... keep Hayward... sign Davis... don't sign Davis... cut Harris Jr... don't cut Harris Jr... whatever Staley decides. If you cut them, use the savings to sign FA CB's... there are a lot of them.

1st: OLB/ILB Zaven Collins (his versatility allows us to move pieces all over)
                    2nd: OT Dillon Radunz (I'm done waiting for development)
                    3rd: CB Elijah Molden (depth/starter)
                    3rd: WR Sage Surratt (to replace MW).

IMO Tillery will be a better 3-4 DE than he was a 4-3 DT or DE. I think Justin Jones is NT rotation with Joseph. Draft 3-4 DE depth later in the draft. There are good players there.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

There are certain PON that just slot the right way for us.

1st: OLB's Zaven Collins, Azeez Ojulari, Joseph Ossai (and a rare chance that Micah Parsons might still be there). I don't care where some "pundits" say these guys believe belong alond the BPA list... these guys are all mid-1st round talents.

2nd: OT (pick one)

3rd BPA @ CB/WR/DE
                      3rd PBA @ CB/WR/DE

Keep in mind, my plan would cut Trai Turner and trade MW (and his cap hit) to clear money to rebuild the IOL + re-sign HH with the $27 million we save from those 2 cuts.

Cut Hayward... keep Hayward... sign Davis... don't sign Davis... cut Harris Jr... don't cut Harris Jr... whatever Staley decides. If you cut them, use the savings to sign FA CB's... there are a lot of them.

1st: OLB/ILB Zaven Collins (his versatility allows us to move pieces all over)
                      2nd: OT Dillon Radunz (I'm done waiting for development)
                      3rd: CB Elijah Molden (depth/starter)
                      3rd: WR Sage Surratt (to replace MW).

IMO Tillery will be a better 3-4 DE than he was a 4-3 DT or DE. I think Justin Jones is NT rotation with Joseph. Draft 3-4 DE depth later in the draft. There are good players there.
                      My point is,... So if Farley or Surtain is there, you will still pick Collins?

​​​​​​I would not. (I'd also pick Ojulari over him)

If Parsons is there, I'd pick him over the CBs but if he isn't and one of them are, I'm picking the CB as we need a CB that can start on the outside if we lose Hayward. Then that changes things. But again, free agency dictates things more and we just don't know right now.

Also you are assuming we are only going to play a base 3-4. I wouldn't assume that. It may be used but I'm thinking as much or less than a 4 man front for a 4-6 or even a 5-2 at times. Looks like we will use multiple looks of all three perhaps depending on his evaluation of the strength of our personnel.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                        Smooth Operation
                        • May 2017
                        • Send PM

My point is,... So if Farley or Surtain is there, you will still pick Collins?

​​​​​​I would not. (I'd also pick Ojulari over him)

If Parsons is there, I'd pick him over the CBs but if he isn't and one of them are, I'm picking the CB as we need a CB that can start on the outside if we lose Hayward. Then that changes things. But again, free agency dictates things more and we just don't know right now.

Also you are assuming we are only going to play a base 3-4. I wouldn't assume that. It may be used but I'm thinking as much or less than a 4 man front for a 4-6 or even a 5-2 at times. Looks like we will use multiple looks of all three perhaps depending on his evaluation of the strength of our personnel.
                        Lots of talented Safeties.
                        A look Staley used often at LAR
                        had three Safeties out there.
                        4-6 Defense.
                        Hmmm.
                        I am starting to look at some prospects previously skipped over.
                        Not just Corners anymore.
                        Safeties too.
                        Not as much of a Nasir fan as many of you.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Lots of talented Safeties.
                          A look Staley used often at LAR
                          had three Safeties out there.
                          4-6 Defense.
                          Hmmm.
                          I am starting to look at some prospects previously skipped over.
                          Not just Corners anymore.
                          Safeties too.
                          Not as much of a Nasir fan as many of you.
                          Adderly can be the single high in a 4-6. Diablo is a guy to look at if we don't sign Johnson. No Clue if Jenkins is resigned.

BTW, Doesn't Divine Diablo mean "Excellent Devil"? Lol

Comment

Working...
                          X