• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wu-dai clan
    Smooth Operation
    • May 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Xthren View Post
    I think not knowing who the defensive coordinator is going to be makes it a little tough to project defense right now. I know that OL is the biggest need but if Kyle Pitts is on the board at 13 you have to draft him. I know that the chargers will keep Henry this offseason but hopefully on a short term contract because of his health issues. Pitts is going to be one of, if not the best TE in the NFL. Great target for Herbert to throw to.

Second round you go best OL available and there is the potential of being so good talent here. Mayfield, Trey smith, Radunz, Carman, Alijah Vera-Tucker, Cosmi and or Leatherwood. One of them will be available at 50. It would be tempting to take Barmore here also.

Last is tough because we dint know who will be signed in FA yet. If one of the previously mentioned OL slips I would not be opposed to taking 2 linemen this early.
    Agreed !
    There are several more OL
    @ round 2
    AND
    @ round 3a + 3b.
    Sounds like you have a feel for
    this 2021 Big Board
    as it begins to take solid form.
    We do not play modern football.

Comment

• like54ninjas
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Oct 2017
      • Great White North
      • Draftnik
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Xthren View Post
      I think not knowing who the defensive coordinator is going to be makes it a little tough to project defense right now. I know that OL is the biggest need but if Kyle Pitts is on the board at 13 you have to draft him. I know that the chargers will keep Henry this offseason but hopefully on a short term contract because of his health issues. Pitts is going to be one of, if not the best TE in the NFL. Great target for Herbert to throw to.

Second round you go best OL available and there is the potential of being so good talent here. Mayfield, Trey smith, Radunz, Carman, Alijah Vera-Tucker, Cosmi and or Leatherwood. One of them will be available at 50. It would be tempting to take Barmore here also.

Last is tough because we dint know who will be signed in FA yet. If one of the previously mentioned OL slips I would not be opposed to taking 2 linemen this early.
      If Pitts knocks out his interviews , he could go top 7. At 13 he could be the highest rated player OTB and value.
      My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
      K9
      Nasir
      Tillery
      Parham
      Reed

Comment

• Xthren
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jan 2021
        • Send PM

Screenshot_20210112-210837_Chrome.jpg

Comment

• Xthren
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jan 2021
          • Send PM

Played a simulator. Traded #13 for 23 and 35.

I wouldnt mind this draft. Althoug Devonta Smith was still on the board

Comment

• Fleet
            TPB Founder
            • Jun 2013
            • Cardiff - Poipu
            • Send PM

Cool another draft guy with a clue. Looks like we have another GM for our annual TPB GM Mock Draft.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
              Smooth Operation
              • May 2017
              • Send PM

Where's the like button on this damn device.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                Smooth Operation
                • May 2017
                • Send PM

BTW.
                This draft is deep.
                There are lots of prospects with round one talent.
                Conversely, this year is also the great unknown, with less game tape and less workout numbers.
                A young innovative HC with recent NCAA recruiting contacts would be very useful.
                LAC, let's kill it @ #3b & @ #6b !

Comment

• Fleet
                  TPB Founder
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Cardiff - Poipu
                  • Send PM

I do like that idea of Pitts at 13. I just dont really feel like there is a locked and loaded OL that high. As much as we need one. Most of the mocks ive done have been after a trade back. Acquire another 2. I dont see dominant OL in this draft. I see some really solid starter potential. Outside of Sewell.

And that in and of itself scares the shit out of me because TT hasnt shown he is very good at drafting OL.

Then again coaching may be a real issue for us. We have so many players that are struggling to develop.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                    Smooth Operation
                    • May 2017
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
                    I do like that idea of Pitts at 13. I just dont really feel like there is a locked and loaded OL that high. As much as we need one. Most of the mocks ive done have been after a trade back. Acquire another 2. I dont see dominant OL in this draft. I see some really solid starter potential. Outside of Sewell.

And that in and of itself scares the shit out of me because TT hasnt shown he is very good at drafting OL.

Then again coaching may be a real issue for us. We have so many players that are struggling to develop.
                    Najee,. Ja'Mar. Pitts. VERY tempting @ #13.

Maybe the one-on-one's @ Senior Bowl Week will provide a window on some early to mid rounders.
                    Eichenberg.
                    Radunz.
                    Spencer Brown.
                    Alaric.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
                      Draftnik
                      • Oct 2020
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
                      BTW.
                      This draft is deep.
                      There are lots of prospects with round one talent.
                      Conversely, this year is also the great unknown, with less game tape and less workout numbers.
                      A young innovative HC with recent NCAA recruiting contacts would be very useful.
                      LAC, let's kill it @ #3b & @ #6b !
                      I agree. This draft is one of the deepest I’ve seen. And I’ve been a draft nerd for 20 years. Also seems like our positions of need are the deepest (CB, EDGE, OL).

Are the stars finally aligning for the Chargers?
                      Will Daboll win Da Bolts’ first SB?
                      Have we been Herbo charged?

Sorry, get carried away during draft season.

Which positions do you see as the deepest?

A sleeper who’s recently caught my eye is Boye Mafe, 6’5, 270lb, EDGE from Minnesota.

27 Tackles
                      5.5 TFL
                      4.5 Sacks
                      2 FF, 2 PD
                      ...in only six games.

This article says he runs a 4.57 and has a 40 inch vert.:

A couple of Ohio State Buckeyes, an athletic pass rusher and other players seeing their 2021 NFL Draft stock on the rise.

Minnesota coach P.J. Fleck says Mafe’s the most twitched up player he’s ever coached.

No injury history.

Not sure he’s committed to the draft yet (JR), but dude needs to be on TT’s radar.
                      Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• Fleet
                        TPB Founder
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Cardiff - Poipu
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Najee,. Ja'Mar. Pitts. VERY tempting @ #13.

Maybe the one-on-one's @ Senior Bowl Week will provide a window on some early to mid rounders.
                        Eichenberg.
                        Radunz.
                        Spencer Brown.
                        Alaric.
                        Stoked to hear that is happening. I had it in my head that the SB wasnt happening. I must have mixed it up with the pro bowl. And you know how much i love Najee. I was all on board his train last year before he decided to go back.

Im not sure at 13 though. But if Henry and Josh Jacobs had a child he would be it. He is already primed. Runs with aggression. His stiff arm the best in the country. Outside of maybe the young frosh from Texas. He is insane in the passing game. And blocks really well on 3rd. He is as complete and ready to go as it gets. I have him in the 20-30 range. Just because i feel like some of the higher drafted RBs are not really doing much and the position is starting to feel a little devalued again.

The other thing i do is put players from other teams on Bama. In my mind. And i tell myself they would do just as well. WRs and RBs especially. I feel like 90% of charger fans dont think we need to draft a RB. Im not one of them.

Comment

• BoltzHomer
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Mar 2019
                          • Send PM

Definitely feel we need to draft a game-changing RB, just finding it difficult to pull the trigger in the first at #13 I'd rather trade back a bit, collect another 2nd or 3rd, then grab a RB in the 2nd or 3rd. Hell, I'd feel better grabbing him in the 20's if I knew we were grabbing 2 OL between 45-75.

Comment

Working...
                          X