2023 Official Charger Draft - Post Draft Discussion (Daily Links In OP)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • La Costa Boy
    Pretty much retired......
    • Sep 2018
    • JoJa
    • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

Trey Smith had blot clot issues. He was off of many draft boards.
    Than somebody was a lot smarter than the rest of the NFL........

Comment

• La Costa Boy
      Pretty much retired......
      • Sep 2018
      • JoJa
      • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
      • Send PM

Originally posted by TexanBeerlover View Post
      Time to restructure cap & move on from the era of Bosa.

Keion White​, Edge, Georgia Tech
      Reported 6-5 280 by some, others 6-4 290 need combine to confirm well as his sub 4.7 forty. Just test through the roof and plays with a high motor.
      I have seen this kid rated as high as a 1st rounder and as low as the mid 250's on some draft boards. He got good press from media at the Senior Bowl but I guess it will take the combine to figure out just where he stands. He is a nice prospect.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
        Charger Fan since 1978
        • Sep 2021
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

Trey Smith had blot clot issues. He was off of many draft boards.
        Taking him completely off was idiotic IMO, I had him down as worthy of a flyer in rounds 3 and 4, not to mention round 5 or 6…smith had late first round early second round type of grades and production in college and we had extra picks that year so considering the need at O-line in 2021, I thought it was well worth the risk…apparently the chiefs agreed and now they reap the rewards…no character issues, 5 star talent, temporary medical issues, no other physical problems etc…
        "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
          Charger Fan since 1978
          • Sep 2021
          • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1_sj View Post

Pipkins is UFA. With our current cap situation there is no guarantee we'll be able to sign him. We definitely should draft for the Oline.
          The question is what round? Are we going for a starter or depth? That heavily depends on what happens with Feiler and Pipkins.
          Perhaps we'll know more in the March time frame when we need to get under the cap.
          Re-signing pipkins is key, it helps the team to avoid being pigeon holed into draft O-line in round one again…but I guess if they plan on going O-line again in round one, then this is a good year to do it, lot’s of O-line talent this year from picks 10-40, that’ll be the sweet spot…so back to starting rookies on O-line with no depth behind the top 5 guys…wow

my plan was resign pipkins and then you can add O-line depth behind him in the 2nd or 3rd round…then the 1st round can go to bring in rotational depth at Edge or WR…I really think those will be the picks in rounds 1, 2, and 3…o-line, edge, and wr…the order of how those positions get picked depends on whether they re-sign pipkins or not…pipkins is the most important UFA we have, that stability he brought to RT (finally) even while playing hurt will be the hardest thing to replace in 2023…slater coming in and playing at such a high level really screwed everyones expectations up, now folks have forgotten the difficulties that this club has faced in finding good o-line players for over a decade…
          "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• sonorajim
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post
            if I'm a betting man.... think it likely Bijan goes to Philly, Branch to the Texans, O'Cyrus to WashDC, and.... will volunteer the guess that the Pack opts for Mayer over Kincaid ??

that leaves Kincaid or Siaki Ika.... offense or defense ?? which player is of greater benefit to Moore ?? to Staley ?? to the Chargers ??

which player adds more to the win column ?? which player gets us closer to a SB (win) ?? !!
            Kincaid.Let's give Moore and Herbert a quality TE. I'm tired of being jealous of teams who have one.
            Moore will put him to work, Herbert will love him.

Comment

• beachcomber
              & ramblin' man
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

Kincaid.Let's give Moore and Herbert a quality TE. I'm tired of being jealous of teams who have one.
              Moore will put him to work, Herbert will love him.
              yeah, think that's where I'm @w/things as well.... that darn Daniel Jeremiah,

and know it's absurd, but still leaning toward trading Joey, which would hopefully land us/me Siaka w/that pick.... someone that is not as good individually as Bosa, but who might help raise the team D to a new, or @least long removed level.

ps. think Kincaid gives you someone besides Keenan who Herbert can go to regardless of down & distance, and.... in Telescospeak.... "he was the only Pro Bowler we had left on our board,"
              5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• charger1_sj
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Nov 2022
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

Re-signing pipkins is key, it helps the team to avoid being pigeon holed into draft O-line in round one again…but I guess if they plan on going O-line again in round one, then this is a good year to do it, lot’s of O-line talent this year from picks 10-40, that’ll be the sweet spot…so back to starting rookies on O-line with no depth behind the top 5 guys…wow

my plan was resign pipkins and then you can add O-line depth behind him in the 2nd or 3rd round…then the 1st round can go to bring in rotational depth at Edge or WR…I really think those will be the picks in rounds 1, 2, and 3…o-line, edge, and wr…the order of how those positions get picked depends on whether they re-sign pipkins or not…pipkins is the most important UFA we have, that stability he brought to RT (finally) even while playing hurt will be the hardest thing to replace in 2023…slater coming in and playing at such a high level really screwed everyones expectations up, now folks have forgotten the difficulties that this club has faced in finding good o-line players for over a decade…
                We may have a LB problem as well. Tranquill and Van Noy will both be FAs. It's not a premium position and it doesn't seem like Staley values LBs much. But it
                could turn out to be a huge problem if we lose the two above. We have other LBs on the roster but none are proven. We would be left with Murray, good luck
                with that.

Comment

• sonorajim
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

We may have a LB problem as well. Tranquill and Van Noy will both be FAs. It's not a premium position and it doesn't seem like Staley values LBs much. But it
                  could turn out to be a huge problem if we lose the two above. We have other LBs on the roster but none are proven. We would be left with Murray, good luck
                  with that.
                  Murray has improved but is not a leader. KVN and Tranquill are. I'd like to keep keep them, Tranq most. If not I like LB Sanders at 21.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

Taking him completely off was idiotic IMO, I had him down as worthy of a flyer in rounds 3 and 4, not to mention round 5 or 6…smith had late first round early second round type of grades and production in college and we had extra picks that year so considering the need at O-line in 2021, I thought it was well worth the risk…apparently the chiefs agreed and now they reap the rewards…no character issues, 5 star talent, temporary medical issues, no other physical problems etc…
                    Ok, but it happens and teams do that. It's why we got Keenan in the 3rd round because he had a knee issue some teams didn't like.

Comment

• Formula 21
                      The Future is Now
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Republic of San Diego
                      • Send PM

I don't believe it is a temporary medical issue and his career isn't over. If he gets a blood clot in his lungs during a game, well the fallout would be big.

And a team with more overall talent can afford to risk a pick on a player with a problem, teams will lesser talent cannot.

So far, it has worked out extremely well for KC.
                      Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                      The Wasted Decade is done.
                      Build Back Better.

Comment

• Formula 21
                        The Future is Now
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Republic of San Diego
                        • Send PM

with that.
                        TT may go with cheaper, experienced FAs at ILB. Its not my preferred solution, but it is a solution to get journeyman, mistake minimizing players at a cheaper cap number. What's TT's team building philosophy? You have to save money somewhere. Getting decent players at bargain basement prices has to be part of that philosophy.
                        Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                        The Wasted Decade is done.
                        Build Back Better.

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2021
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by La Costa Boy View Post

I have seen this kid rated as high as a 1st rounder and as low as the mid 250's on some draft boards. He got good press from media at the Senior Bowl but I guess it will take the combine to figure out just where he stands. He is a nice prospect.
                          Daniel Jeremiah, of NFL Network fame and Charger Radio, how well is he tuned into front office?
                          Rank #8
                          Keion Whitea Georgia Tech fumble return vs. Florida State. Against the run, he is violent with his hands to shock and shed blocks. He has a huge burst to close from the back side. Overall, White is one of my favorite players in the class and could emerge as the top defender in the class.

Comment

Working...
                          X