2023 Official Charger Draft - Post Draft Discussion (Daily Links In OP)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sonorajim
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

You analysis leads to Bijan at #21. I’d co-sign that, i disagree that a GREAT back doesn’t make a difference vs the long string of JAGs we’ve cycled through. Having that guy to compliment Eke would be fantastic. Could have 3rd down sets with both on the field in various groupings, maybe we won’t see jet sweeps with practice squad players.

they STILL have to fix the blocking scheme - Lombo’s scheme / implementation sucked balls.
    Dammit! I'm prejudiced vs RB rd 1. BUT watched highlights.. I think Bijan is special. Great moves, balance, strength, vision, speed, etc, etc. He's different. Now I'll be disappointed if he's avail at 21 and we don't take him.

Comment

• jamrock
      lawyers, guns and money
      • Sep 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

Dammit! I'm prejudiced vs RB rd 1. BUT watched highlights.. I think Bijan is special. Great moves, balance, strength, vision, speed, etc, etc. He's different. Now I'll be disappointed if he's avail at 21 and we don't take him.
      Bijan or bust.

admittedly I said the same thing about Kenneth Walker last year

Comment

• sonorajim
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Bijan or bust.

1,050 yds, 9 TDs as a Sea rookie. Not bad.
        I thought Bijan shows more " IT". Just looks sharper like it's his movie and he's elite..Athletic spins, jump cuts left D grabbing air. Stiff arms stuck 'em in the turf. He's bigger than Walker too.
        Yeah, I know. Quit drooling.

Comment

• 21&500
          Bolt Spit-Baller
          • Sep 2018
          • A Whale's Vajayjay
          • CMB refugee
          • Send PM

Bijan or bust.

He's a hell of a receiver too.
          rare moves for a decent sized back.
          G-Ro knows.

Comment

• Caslon
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Apr 2019
            • Send PM

I like that pick too, only, having given Mr. defense Staley the HC job again, TT will probably try to get him a defensive first rounder. I don’t like it, but I feel that’s what’s gonna happen.

Comment

• blueman
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Caslon View Post
              I like that pick too, only, having given Mr. defense Staley the HC job again, TT will probably try to get him a defensive first rounder. I don’t like it, but I feel that’s what’s gonna happen.
              Just fucking go all in on offense, score points damnit.

Comment

• AK47
                Registered Charger Fan
                • May 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1_sj View Post

Faulty thinking. The Chargers D gave up 360 yards per game. 145 of those came through the ground. Just over 200 through the air. But here is the thing.
                Not stopping the running game ended up hurting us through the air when it counted the most. Thus the air defense looking good is a bit deceiving. Truth is
                we couldn't stop the run or the pass. The Jags two games exposed our weaknesses.

There are three things the Chargers need to improve and get over.
                1. Stop the run on D
                2. Get our running game in gear
                3. Get over the historical bad loss in the PO. In that regard it can go two ways. It either gets the players fired up, or the core of this team and
                coaches are done.

Staley has been sticking to his 3/4 D that is really not a 3/4 in the face of failing to stop the run. He is either stubborn or knows
                no other way. We hope the OC he brings in knows something about the run game and how to improve. It may mean bringing in a RB or two and changes
                to the O line.

Telesco and the players seem to trust Staley. We hope that really is the case. Allen for one had some eye raising comments earlier in the year.
                So we'll see. At any rate due to all the injuries to our best players a proper evaluation of Staley was not possible this year. We have to wait until
                next year.

Teams with okay run defense and still won the SB.

2019 Chiefs had 5 games where they gave up 180+ rushing yards. Gave up 141 yards in SB.

2014 Patriots had 4 games where they gave up 150+ rushing yards. Gave up 162 yards in SB.

2011 Giants had 8 games in regular and playoffs where they gave up 140+ rushing yards. Gave up 147 yards in Division and 150 in conf game.

2009 Saints had 7 games in regular and playoffs where they gave up 140+ rushing yards. Gave up 165 yards in conf game.

2006 Colts had 10 games in regular and playoffs where they gave up 140+ rushing yards. 3 200+ yards and gave up 375 rushing yards in week 14. Eh. Won the SB.

If our run defense can be at or better than these 5 SB winning teams.............?

Comment

• Caslon
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Apr 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

Just fucking go all in on offense, score points damnit.
                  He-he. Fouts coming to the sideline and future HOF’er Don Corryell (gonna happen) telling Fouts on a crucial play ignoring whatever the OC called. “pass it! pass it!” Classic.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

Lol, everybody complains about the defense but nobody wants to improve it. Just score more points,....brilliant.

Murray needs to go, Need a better pass rush. I hate watching us needing a shootout and hope we don't screw up one series offensively or we lose.

Comment

• jamrock
                      lawyers, guns and money
                      • Sep 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
                      Lol, everybody complains about the defense but nobody wants to improve it. Just score more points,....brilliant.

Murray needs to go, Need a better pass rush. I hate watching us needing a shootout and hope we don't screw up one series offensively or we lose.
                      They got a boatload of players on defense last off season. Now it’s on Staley to fix it. I’ve been screaming for an LB for a while and all I hear back is that “Staley doesn’t value LBs”. So I guess it is what it is. Staley needs to make it work on defense. They have $50m worth of edge players have spent plenty on CBS and safety. Not sure what to tell ya

Comment

• Florida fan
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Nov 2022
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Caslon View Post
                        I agree with you on defense in the first rd. Stanley gets no more excuses if they start slow next year. But one observation I had looking at Ekeler stats, we definitely need a power back like Dallas and SF has in their 2 rb system.

Eklers only had 2 rushing TDs vs our Rival AFC West. In 5 game he had less than 39 yards vs afc West. He also had 0 TDS receiving against Our Rival in AFCWest. If our our rivals can shut Ekeler down in end zone so can good P.O. team. Makes us kinda 1 dimensional.

kinda hard not to look at RB early.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

They got a boatload of players on defense last off season. Now it’s on Staley to fix it. I’ve been screaming for an LB for a while and all I hear back is that “Staley doesn’t value LBs”. So I guess it is what it is. Staley needs to make it work on defense. They have $50m worth of edge players have spent plenty on CBS and safety. Not sure what to tell ya
                          Which is BS. The Rams went and got Bobby Wagner while not valuing LBs in the same defense. A great LB makes a big difference.

Those boatload of players is only 4 on defense. Im not counting Reeder since he hardly plays. And of course Joey was a non factor after getting hurt early and not in football shape when he returned. It still has some weaknesses.......like Murray.

I think we should get a bonafide DC that will call the plays. Come on down Fangio.

Comment

Working...
                          X