2023 Official Charger Draft - Post Draft Discussion (Daily Links In OP)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wu-dai clan
    Smooth Operation
    • May 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

You are always so critical. Go look up your recent posts and see for yourself, you are more apt to criticize a player than you are to praise one.

Feiler is nowhere near as bad as you paint him. Does he get beat now and then - yes, but even the IDL that are all-pro lose one now and then. (I'm not suggesting he's all-pro). But, he's nowhere near as terrible as you claim. If we have someone better, why didn't they put Feiler on the bench?
    It must be noted that Slater and Linsley played well with the veteran presence of Feiler between them.

Think for a moment everyone how the Chargers do things.

I don't think they cut Feiler.

Slater-Feiler-Linsley-Zion-Salyer
    We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Topcat
      AKA "Pollcat"
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

You are always so critical. Go look up your recent posts and see for yourself, you are more apt to criticize a player than you are to praise one.

Feiler is nowhere near as bad as you paint him. Does he get beat now and then - yes, but even the IDL that are all-pro lose one now and then. (I'm not suggesting he's all-pro). But, he's nowhere near as terrible as you claim. If we have someone better, why didn't they put Feiler on the bench?
      Because they needed Sayler to play LT for the injured Slater, and Jaimes isn't good enough to start...hence the need to upgrade our depth...is that such a bad thing?

Comment

• blueman
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

I would cut Feiler and sign Pipkins.

Comment

• gzubeck
          Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
          • Jan 2019
          • Tucson, AZ
          • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
          I would cut Feiler and sign Pipkins.
          Feiler's long in the tooth and it took us many seasons to get a good tackle. Long term value proposition.
          Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2021
            • Send PM

Here is a question, what will Feiler & Pipkins expect in free agency? If you can resign Feiler for reasonable (vet minimum) then maybe bring Pipkins back too for hometown discount?

Comment

• dmac_bolt
              Day Tripper
              • May 2019
              • North of the Lagoon
              • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

they also had no interest in Salyer as a starter on the Oline, and gave Storm every chance in the world.... would restructure Matt F.
              Did you really write you’d sit Linsley and put Salyer at C. Was Feiler to RT part of that same strategy or a different one, i got a bit lost in your brainstorming?

I agree with Top - Feiler was the weak link and should be gone unless he wants to resign for $2M as a backup. He doesn’t earn his cap allocation.
              “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• blueman
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by TexanBeerlover View Post
                Here is a question, what will Feiler & Pipkins expect in free agency? If you can resign Feiler for reasonable (vet minimum) then maybe bring Pipkins back too for hometown discount?
                But why? Feiler was awful, don’t care how cheap he is, just no.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                  Day Tripper
                  • May 2019
                  • North of the Lagoon
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post
                  Why would fieler take a paycut? And 2mil? That’s not happening, he can probably do 3-4 or more if he hits the open market, but he’s not worth the 6.5mil he’s scheduled to earn in 2023…if the plan to finally move him to his natural RT position, then in that case it I’d be open to the idea of keeping him and letting pipkins walk…

IMO slater, salyer, linsley, johnson, fieler would not be as good as slater, salyer, linsley, johnson, and pipkins…but I’d be more excited for that plan than keeping fieler at LG and sliding salyer to RT in place of pipkins…fieler has been a mess at LG
                  He’s scheduled to earn 8.5M, 6.5M is the cap savings we’d get by cutting him ($2M pro-rated bonus will hit no matter what). I don’t see why he would excel at RT when he’s been the weak link at LG. Not a bet I would make at all.

I’d love him as a reserve backup at $2M. He’s a lot better than Jaimes. Maybe he can play some C and backup Linsley - he could be better than Clapp too, who is horrible.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                    Day Tripper
                    • May 2019
                    • North of the Lagoon
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

It must be noted that Slater and Linsley played well with the veteran presence of Feiler between them.

Think for a moment everyone how the Chargers do things.

I don't think they cut Feiler.

Slater-Feiler-Linsley-Zion-Salyer
                    You must extinguish this noxious theory of continuity; Spread your wu-word far and wide to all of your disciples and encourage their focalization until truth rings down from the hills into the hollows of Costa Mesa and echos thru the halls of Chargers HQ.

Feiler was not the reason Slater played well. In fact, they didn’t rush block all that well as a unit, which is were you depend on this cohesion most readily. Slater held the edge superbly on his own in pass pro which is why we regale in his arrival but the guy next to him shouldn’t get bonus points for Slater’s success.

i think they have to cut Feiler and its a no-brainer, but only the Wu-warriors can ensure it happens. You know what you must do

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                      Smooth Operation
                      • May 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

You must extinguish this noxious theory of continuity; Spread your wu-word far and wide to all of your disciples and encourage their focalization until truth rings down from the hills into the hollows of Costa Mesa and echos thru the halls of Chargers HQ.

Feiler was not the reason Slater played well. In fact, they didn’t rush block all that well as a unit, which is were you depend on this cohesion most readily. Slater held the edge superbly on his own in pass pro which is why we regale in his arrival but the guy next to him shouldn’t get bonus points for Slater’s success.

i think they have to cut Feiler and its a no-brainer, but only the Wu-warriors can ensure it happens. You know what you must do
                      I have spent a long time studying offensive line. There is also the way Chargers do things.

Again, while recognizing that there exists consensus that will be cut, I personally do not think that he will.

Here's another question. Why did Zion not play well at times ? Might it have been because Linsley and Pipkins were injured ?

Like it or not, an offensive line is a chorus line, and experience, including mutual experience matters greatly.

Is THAT not a no brainer ?
                      We do not play modern football.

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2021
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

But why? Feiler was awful, don’t care how cheap he is, just no.
                        Not 8.5 that’s for sure. Wish Chargers had more draft capital, would love to plug interior and have quality depth behind Linsley in Steve Avila, TCU.

Comment

• richpjr
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Nashville
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

I have spent a long time studying offensive line. There is also the way Chargers do things.

Again, while recognizing that there exists consensus that will be cut, I personally do not think that he will.
                          He is one of the "easy" choices to help reduce our cap deficit. If we keep him, where does Salyer play? Do we resign Pipkins? Who else gets cut to get us under the cap?

Comment

Working...
                          X