2023 Official Charger Draft - Post Draft Discussion (Daily Links In OP)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dmac_bolt
    Day Tripper
    • May 2019
    • North of the Lagoon
    • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

I have spent a long time studying offensive line. There is also the way Chargers do things.

Again, while recognizing that there exists consensus that will be cut, I personally do not think that he will.

Here's another question. Why did Zion not play well at times ? Might it have been because Linsley and Pipkins were injured ?

Like it or not, an offensive line is a chorus line, and experience, including mutual experience matters greatly.

Is THAT not a no brainer ?
    I don’t discount your prediction, I believe and fear it. If they are left to their ancient tribal superstitions, they will clutch tightly to their imagined “continuity”. Their knuckles will inflame, finger tips will numb, and arthritis will engulf their larger living Charger organism.

Only Wu can save the tribe from such tormented anguish. Wu can lead us to enlightenment. The World Needs Wu now!

Raise the clarion call, I will follow you to the rusted gates of Continuity Hell!
    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• beachcomber
      & ramblin' man
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

On the contrary, they went with Salyer over Fieler at OT.

They could have put Pip at LT Salyer at RT.....or Salyer at LG and Fieler at RT but instead put Salyer at LT.

Says alot.
      it's not a shell game, and.... necessity was the mother of invention.

there was no mention of anyone besides Storm or Pips to start @RT 'til peoples started going down.

and you know this staff ain't movin' no one off their spot.... i.e. Feiler & Zion, and....Salyer played LT @Georgia.

not to mention you just said in an earlier post that they never had any intention of playing Feiler @tackle (make up your mind)....
      5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• sonorajim
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Moore could easily desire O'Cyrus, with a Zack Martin vibe. He would start immediately over Feiler.
        Could be. Cap savings + young talent. Definite maybe.
        I admired KM's Dal OL movement. It exerted control Chargers fans haven't seen enough of from our team.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
          Day Tripper
          • May 2019
          • North of the Lagoon
          • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
          Gotta find a way to keep Feiler, his experience and ability at ORT is invaluable.
          We assume Salyer can start and last a whole season at LOG but we haven't seen it.
          injuries are bound to mount.
          As far as who is expendable, I look on defense.

start over at off-baloff-bto start.
          unfortunately.
          Most folks who want to retain Feiler because they havent seen him play LG want to let Pipkins walk and roll the dice on landing a rookie that can start at a higher level on Day 1 at RT. I’d put RT as a higher risk/value and am happy with Pipkins play in 2022 and expect he will be even more solid in 2023.

Comment

• beachcomber
            & ramblin' man
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Did you really write you’d sit Linsley and put Salyer at C. Was Feiler to RT part of that same strategy or a different one, i got a bit lost in your brainstorming?

I agree with Top - Feiler was the weak link and should be gone unless he wants to resign for $2M as a backup. He doesn’t earn his cap allocation.
            yes.... albeit preseason only (in order that Jamaree can back up the OC as well for the if and when needed, and as he stated an interest in learning the position).

and Feiler to RT if we don't resign Pips, and w/Salyer in the wings if Feiler falters (or continues to fall off from your vantage point)
            5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• sonorajim
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

ghost's Sanders might be the winning play. KVN style flexibility.

Simpson and others later, fits a hybrid, do everything LB-S type mold, to also augment Derwin.
              Sanders is in my cluster. Does it all well. Versatile.at a high level.

Comment

• beachcomber
                & ramblin' man
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

wanted to add a thought re: RB as well, as Bijan had so so games against the both of TCU & Alabama, which doesn't sit so well w/me, as recall MG3 also not doing so very well against Ohio State, and.... know that plenty of peoples thought well of Melvin, and just an asterisk in wondering how Bijan might fare against NFL defenses ??

what comes to mind is when Marshall Faulk went up against USC, and everyone in the universe knew he was gonna get the ball, and.... he still went for 300 yards against the (vaunted) Trojans !!

know Israel Abanikanda had some good games, and.... haven't really taken a super close look @him.... ??

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                  Day Tripper
                  • May 2019
                  • North of the Lagoon
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

yes.... albeit preseason only (in order that Jamaree can back up the OC as well for the if and when needed, and as he stated an interest in learning the position).

and Feiler to RT if we don't resign Pips, and w/Salyer in the wings if Feiler falters (or continues to fall off from your vantage point)
                  he stated an interest in OC? I’d never heard that, huh. I don’t see it - i think learning both OG and OT positions is more than enough but hey , if coaches see it and want to try it out - ok i guess.

Comment

• Berserker76
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Nov 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

Sanders is in my cluster. Does it all well. Versatile.at a high level.
                    Would love to have this guy. Many underestimate the contribution an elite LB can have on the defense.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

it's not a shell game, and.... necessity was the mother of invention.

there was no mention of anyone besides Storm or Pips to start @RT 'til peoples started going down.

and you know this staff ain't movin' no one off their spot.... i.e. Feiler & Zion, and....Salyer played LT @Georgia.

not to mention you just said in an earlier post that they never had any intention of playing Feiler @tackle (make up your mind)....
                      My mind is made up, I'm pointing that out for you lol.
                      And I said they have shown no intention of it. It's clear he was signed to play OG.

As for RB, if you don't have a decent OL in the NFL it's tough for any RB to get yards.
                      Alabama is stacked all the time. I'm sure their DL was just better than Texas OL.

Alabama has 5 defensive players that will go top 100. Texas has just Bijan and maybe Rochon Johnson. Both RBs.

If coaching figures stopping Bijan is the best way to beat them, TCU is a good team and so is Bama filled with college studs.

I get what your saying but it wouldn't stop me from drafting him if he is BPA at our pick.

Saquan Barkley didn't have good games against Rutgers, Ohio St and Indiana his senior year. They were very similar results.
                      Last edited by Boltjolt; 02-05-2023, 01:04 PM.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                        Smooth Operation
                        • May 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

I don’t discount your prediction, I believe and fear it. If they are left to their ancient tribal superstitions, they will clutch tightly to their imagined “continuity”. Their knuckles will inflame, finger tips will numb, and arthritis will engulf their larger living Charger organism.

Only Wu can save the tribe from such tormented anguish. Wu can lead us to enlightenment. The World Needs Wu now!

Raise the clarion call, I will follow you to the rusted gates of Continuity Hell!
                        Continuity, culture, and coffee.

Welcome to the Family.

Like the sign says.
                        We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Berserker76 View Post

Would love to have this guy. Many underestimate the contribution an elite LB can have on the defense.
                          I don't buy that Staley doesn't value LBs. How can you not value a stud LB?

Comment

Working...
                          X