2023 Official Charger Draft - Post Draft Discussion (Daily Links In OP)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SuperCharged
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Sep 2019
    • Utah
    • Midnight Toker
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

thats the only thing that matters

ZERO division titles
    That's like Miami or the Jets complaining about division titles in Brady's prime. We're in a division with Mahommes. Division titles will be scares. That's just reality.

Comment

• Topcat
      AKA "Pollcat"
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by AK47 View Post

Damn thats brutal.

Would like to see his trade-down history....oh wait lol
      Yep...here's TT's trade down history:

Comment

• Topcat
        AKA "Pollcat"
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

We didn't really lose ALL those picks. I mean we did give our 2nd and 4th for Teo for example but really it's only a 4th because we got a pick in return to move up to pick him.

So that's the trade plus we only gave up a 4th.
        We traded 1st rounders for Gordon which is a wash, and gave up a 4th and 5th.

You make it look worse than it is.
        Just reporting it the way it's listed on draft history lists...if u don't include the original pick, u lose a feel for how much we gave up...

Comment

• Fleet 1
          TPB Founder
          • Jun 2013
          • Kauai
          • Send PM

March 3, 2023 - 9:57 pm

A few thoughts on Tide DE Anderson … Over the past 24 hours or so we have a had a number of queries asking whether Alabama DE did enough at yesterday’s on-field testing at the combine where he ‘only’ ran a 4.60 40 to stay in the conversation to be the first player selected at the 2023 draft. First, let’s just say that in reality, Anderson was never really in consideration to be the first player off the board this coming April because the first player off the board has pretty much always pretty much been a QB. So the question for Anderson really is did he do enough to figure in the discussion to be the first non-QB off the board whenever that happens. And in reality in running a 4.6 at 253 pounds, Anderson really didn’t do anything to hurt his grade. At the same time, though, he really didn’t blow anyone away with those numbers which may open the door for someone like Texas Tech’s Tyree Wilson, who did not work out yesterday because of an injury, to slip ahead of him as Travon Walker did last year. Of course, all that also depends on Georgia’s Jalen Carter remaining in the ‘doghouse’ because of his current legal woes.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
            Day Tripper
            • May 2019
            • North of the Lagoon
            • Send PM

Branch ran a 4.58 and folks still want to draft him high? Sounds like the ultimate great college player that won’t transition in the step-up in competition class to great NFL player to me, but who knows. 4.6 is slow for a modern safety in today’s league.
            “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2021
              • Send PM

Anderson is elite talent for sure. His thought process and handlers I question. As if going top 3 a mere formality.

Look for the workers, over achievers who never satisfied, who do it? because they love competition & process. Look at Sauce, he should have been #1 last year, he’s out there, invested and involved helping and supporting the next CB class, like he’s drawn to football like a bee to honey. That’s what you want, regardless where you’re selecting. Will Anderson, despite his gifts would not be #1 in my book just like Travon Walker wasn’t in 2022.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                • Feb 2019
                • McLean Illinois
                • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post
                Branch ran a 4.58 and folks still want to draft him high? Sounds like the ultimate great college player that won’t transition in the step-up in competition class to great NFL player to me, but who knows. 4.6 is slow for a modern safety in today’s league.
                Absolutely I want to draft him....the 40 is a good tool, but you also have to consider so much more. Branch may not be straight line fast, but he has quicks. He is also a fast reacter, with good football IQ and instincts. He also has great coordination...watch him run the gauntlet drill...some of those 4.4 and change guys looked gangly/clumsy...Branch looked like a natural reciever, eyes quick to find the ball, catching with his hands... Also, every scouting report I have ever read says he doesn't miss the tackle...and from what I have seen, it's true.

Dont get me wrong...I appreciate great athleticism in prospects...but when you are already a great PLAYER, it's okay if you are an average ATHLETE.
                Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                  Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                  • Feb 2019
                  • McLean Illinois
                  • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                  • Send PM

After Nolan Smith's great performance, I got curious...I really have not payed much attention to him, because I don't believe he is a great fit for us...he really seems best suited as an OLB in a 3-4 ...and I am not as big on Edge in the first.... anyway, the tape is great...and I think the comps to Parsons aren't unfair. Granted, he didn't have the career production that Parsons had...but Smith played for Georgia, where he lost time and spotlight to other talented prospects in his career, who now play in the NFL...and he had the pec injury, which took away from his big stage Senior year...maybe not as powerful/ferocious as Parsons...but faster, smarter, better character/leader....and he does know how to find a way into that backfield and cause havoc....

I don't know if he fits us...Staley seems to like his DEs to have a little more anchor in the run game to set the Edge...but honestly wouldn't mind this kid in Bolts at all. Like the interviews, and great reports on character, football IQ, work ethic...his coverage skills seem very solid...and can't help but wonder if he could play off ball LB?

If nothing else, his performance likely boosted his stock...and if someone else takes him ahead of us, that's one more team not taking someone we DO want...either way, his breakout combine performance was a good thing for Charger fans...
                  Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Dec 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by SuperCharged View Post

That's like Miami or the Jets complaining about division titles in Brady's prime. We're in a division with Mahommes. Division titles will be scares. That's just reality.
                    Okay - how many times have they been close to competing for the title? Three playoffs in ten years under Telesco with two wins. Mahomes has only been the starter since 2018.

Comment

• electricgold
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Apr 2020
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

Absolutely I want to draft him....the 40 is a good tool, but you also have to consider so much more. Branch may not be straight line fast, but he has quicks. He is also a fast reacter, with good football IQ and instincts. He also has great coordination...watch him run the gauntlet drill...some of those 4.4 and change guys looked gangly/clumsy...Branch looked like a natural reciever, eyes quick to find the ball, catching with his hands... Also, every scouting report I have ever read says he doesn't miss the tackle...and from what I have seen, it's true.

Dont get me wrong...I appreciate great athleticism in prospects...but when you are already a great PLAYER, it's okay if you are an average ATHLETE.
                      It looks like we are going to need a new starting FS OT and a new starting LB because of Cap mismanagement so if you look at TT's drafting history we could draft these positions in the first 3 rounds. Although I believe Sayler could play RT, but we are going to need a new OG probably as well so Sayler will probably be moved to OG. It sure looks like TT missed on Nasir Adderley so Branch may be in play for us.

Comment

• SuperCharged
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Sep 2019
                        • Utah
                        • Midnight Toker
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Okay - how many times have they been close to competing for the title? Three playoffs in ten years under Telesco with two wins. Mahomes has only been the starter since 2018.
                        Fair enough. AND who was the Broncos QB before 2018? HOF'er PEYTON MANNING..... See how your argument starts to fall apart? Manning joined the Broncos in 2012. So your still dealing with future HOF'er Mahommes. And HOF'er sunsetting his career in Denver.

Now what?

image.png
                        Attached Files

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Dec 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by SuperCharged View Post

Fair enough. AND who was the Broncos QB before 2018? HOF'er PEYTON MANNING..... See how your argument starts to fall apart? Manning joined the Broncos in 2012. So your still dealing with future HOF'er Mahommes. And HOF'er sunsetting his career in Denver.

Now what?

image.png
                          You just made the argument for me

AJ Smith == GOOD

Tommy Telesco (with John Boy) == BELOW AVERAGE

And its just not about winning the division. Its about putting a consistently competitive team together. Telesco and JOhn Boy have not done that

Comment

Working...
                          X