Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by SuperChargedRodney37 View Post

Thanks for the read.
    I found this very interested. The Question #1 and #2 are very fair discussion topics that the answers show up in the film.

But the bolded and underlined part is what was the most fascinating to me. 3rd WR and chain mover?
    I keep reading how Brock is soooo much more than this description and could be a WR1. But even though he's a Blue-Chip TE, the writer says he's a 3rd WR ceiling essentially (and he's not wrong here). Therefore, he's not worth the Value of the #5th pick.
    I didn't read that. But, ok. I didn't post that because of Bowers though. He just happened to be on the list.

And Kelce is Mahomes most targeted which he is a TE but he is Mahomes #1 reciever.

Comment

• Jack Burton
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Apr 2023
      • Send PM

Originally posted by NoMoreChillies View Post
      any thoughts on Luke McCaffrey?

Those bloodlines I talk about...
      Love him…..
      Hes being undervalued. The guy catches everything. Ran fast. Was good in the drills.
      Id have no problem getting him with one of those 4th, but they need another receiver with him.

Comment

• charger1_sj
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Nov 2022
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Eurobolt View Post

Neither are you

We have top10 QB in a league and I believe in our players.

Palmer can develop, QJ deserves another year.

Are we one player away? No we are not, WR at 5 is a luxury that changes nothing.
        Do we need to add to WR room yes we do, that being said when we pick Bowers we have our no1 weapon and we need
        to add for depth in WR room this year, then next year that is a different story...
        Palmer can develop and QJ does deserve another year. That still leaves us with a weak group of WRs and unknowns.
        I don't know what we will do in the draft or whether we stay put @5 or trade down. In any case either @5 or later possibly
        in the 1st we will draft a WR. We likely will add to that with UDFAs.

I'm not convinced that Bowers is in the cards for us, unless we do trade down and then it depends on how far down. The
        Jets are key. They either go with Bowers or an OT. They need both, badly.

But WR @5 is not a luxury it is a need and we need a lot more than just a WR. That's why so many of us believe a
        trade down is in the cards, if the right opportunity comes around.

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
          Beef Before Gazelles
          • May 2021
          • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1_sj View Post

Palmer can develop and QJ does deserve another year. That still leaves us with a weak group of WRs and unknowns.
          The 2023 season was a massive-- and I *do* mean massive-- clusterfuck for just about every Charger not named Herbert, Dicker, Tuli or Mack.

I think it would be ridiculous to draw a firm negative conclusion about QJ based on his rookie season, when the overall team sucked so badly. He was not the lone mis-functioning cog in the machinery, not by a long shot.

So OF COURSE Quentin Johnston deserves a clean slate and a legit opportunity to shine. With a new (competent) coaching staff in place, he'll also be implemented in ways that serve to optimize his strengths. IMO, there are many factors in place that increase the likelihood of QJ having a respectable season, ahead. That would be a significant improvement over the 'big disappointment' rookie grade,

Comment

• Maniaque 6
            French Speaking Charger Fan
            • Jan 2019
            • Québec city
            • Send PM

I don't know what we will do in the draft or whether we stay put @5 or trade down. In any case either @5 or later possibly
            in the 1st we will draft a WR. We likely will add to that with UDFAs.

I'm not convinced that Bowers is in the cards for us, unless we do trade down and then it depends on how far down. The
            Jets are key. They either go with Bowers or an OT. They need both, badly.

But WR @5 is not a luxury it is a need and we need a lot more than just a WR. That's why so many of us believe a
            trade down is in the cards, if the right opportunity comes around.
            If you have the choice to have only #5 and pick Nabers or MHJ
            or
            have a 11 and 23 with Taliese Fuaga and Brian Thomas Jr.​
            What would you choose ?

Comment

• Formula 21
              The Future is Now
              • Jun 2013
              • Republic of San Diego
              • Send PM

IMO, the most value in the draft is obtained by owning and trading down the pick another team needs to get a QB. The pick always gets excess value when traded.

So I really think AZ trades down to capture this excess value. They’d be dummies not to. And if they don’t, the Bolts will jump all over it.

Team building starts with maximizing the value you get in the draft.
              Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
              The Wasted Decade is done.
              Build Back Better.

Comment

• charger1_sj
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Nov 2022
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post

The 2023 season was a massive-- and I *do* mean massive-- clusterfuck for just about every Charger not named Herbert, Dicker, Tuli or Mack.

I think it would be ridiculous to draw a firm negative conclusion about QJ based on his rookie season, when the overall team sucked so badly. He was not the lone mis-functioning cog in the machinery, not by a long shot.

So OF COURSE Quentin Johnston deserves a clean slate and a legit opportunity to shine. With a new (competent) coaching staff in place, he'll also be implemented in ways that serve to optimize his strengths. IMO, there are many factors in place that increase the likelihood of QJ having a respectable season, ahead. That would be a significant improvement over the 'big disappointment' rookie grade,
                OK. but it doesn't matter. We still need a WR. The cup board is bare after QB and Palmer. Those two alone are not going to scare anybody.
                Good teams can take away QJ, even if he develops into #1 WR. Then we are left with Palmer and nothing. Given the current circumstances
                if you don't think taking a WR in the draft is a need then you're probably kidding yourself.

Comment

• Topcat
                  AKA "Pollcat"
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by WindsorUK View Post

Oh, you know what, I do like myself a good English fry up! Mushrooms, tomatoes, beans, sausage, eggs, bacon, fried bread ,mmmmmm.......good stuff.
                  Then there's the Scottish version which uses black pudding, haggis, and tattie scones. Delicious!
                  Is there an Irish version?

Comment

• Jack Burton
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Apr 2023
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Maniaque 6 View Post

or
                    have a 11 and 23 with Taliese Fuaga and Brian Thomas Jr.
                    What would you choose ?
                    I’d take 11 and 23 but I wouldn’t take Thomas Jr.

Comment

• charger1_sj
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Nov 2022
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Maniaque 6 View Post

or
                      have a 11 and 23 with Taliese Fuaga and Brian Thomas Jr.
                      What would you choose ?
                      Brian Thomas could possibly turn out to be one of the best receivers from this draft. So thankyou I'll take it. Problem is we have
                      to find the right partner to trade with. Both Fauga and Thomas are 1st round guys. Who has 2 1st rounds besides the Vikings and
                      needs a QB?

Comment

• Jack Burton
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Apr 2023
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
                        IMO, the most value in the draft is obtained by owning and trading down the pick another team needs to get a QB. The pick always gets excess value when traded.

So I really think AZ trades down to capture this excess value. They’d be dummies not to. And if they don’t, the Bolts will jump all over it.

Team building starts with maximizing the value you get in the draft.
                        What if MH2 falls to 5? Do they have excess value?

Comment

• Jack Burton
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Apr 2023
                          • Send PM

Brian Thomas could possibly turn out to be one of the best receivers from this draft. So thankyou I'll take it. Problem is we have
                          to find the right partner to trade with. Both Fauga and Thomas are 1st round guys. Who has 2 1st rounds besides the Vikings and
                          needs a QB?
                          Let it happen, man..

Comment

Working...
                          X