• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wu-dai clan
    Smooth Operation
    • May 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by CTrout View Post

I'm with you. I believe they'll take Brown.
    I'm not sure why so many dont consider DT a bigger need. I think the interior of this Dline is fairly weak.
    Tillery = 3TECH #2.
    JJones = 1TECH-3TECH depth.
    Look at all the teams loading up at Dline in free agency.
    SF model.
    gusD likes lots of different looks.
    Last edited by wu-dai clan; 04-11-2020, 10:52 AM.
    We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Dec 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by CTrout View Post

I'm with you. I believe they'll take Brown.
      I'm not sure why so many dont consider DT a bigger need. I think the interior of this Dline is fairly weak.
      If the pick is Brown - wouldn't hate it. If not Simmons, I prefer Brown or OT. The Chargers can go many ways - but Telesco needs to nail the pick.

Comment

• La Costa Boy
        Pretty much retired......
        • Sep 2018
        • JoJa
        • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
        • Send PM

So Fansided just sent me an e-mail with a mock in it. It had us trading up to 3 to get Tua. To do this we traded our 2020 #1, 2 & 3 AND our 2021 #2 for Tua and a 2020 #5.

OH HELL NO ...........................Please just HELL NO!!!

Comment

• La Costa Boy
          • Sep 2018
          • JoJa
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

If the pick is Brown - wouldn't hate it. If not Simmons, I prefer Brown or OT. The Chargers can go many ways - but Telesco needs to nail the pick.
          If Simmons is there you take him and hit that nail 1,000%

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Dec 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by La Costa Boy View Post

If Simmons is there you take him and hit that nail 1,000%
            I just think - if Simmons were to be as advertised - the defense just has playmakers in Bosa, James and Simmons. Guys like Harris, Hayward, Ingram, maybe King also create plays but are just good solid players. Than you have your role players - do your damn job to allow others to do theirs: Tillery, Linval, Justin Jones, Perryman, Vigil, Jenkins

The defense could be dynamic and dominant with Simmons added. Sign Jason Peters - draft your QB in Rd 2 and Rounds 3-7 - just try to plug holes at LB, WR, CB and maybe RB at some point but I still think all things equal WR in round 3 or 4

This above - would be my plan if Simmons were on the board at 6.

Comment

• Velo
              Ride!
              • Aug 2019
              • Everywhere
              • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
              • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
              Report: 'Overwhelming expectation' Chargers will draft Tua Tagovailoa

The 2020 NFL Draft is fast-approaching, and former Alabama Crimson Tide quarterback Tua Tagovailoa remains the biggest wild card in the first round. While there are growing concerns about his durability, even after video of his impressive Pro Day was sent out, many around the league expect Tagovailoa to land with one specific team.

According to Bleacher Report’s Matt Miller, there is an overwhelming expectation around the NFL that the Los Angeles Chargers will select Tagovailoa with the No. 6 overall pick if he is available. Los Angeles is in the market for its future face of the franchise after allowing Philip Rivers to leave, creating an opening that Tagovailoa would slide into perfectly.

While the 22-year-old quarterback looked healthy during his workout, multiple NFL teams failed him medically and view him as too much of a risk to draft early. Even with more certainty that he is fully recovered from his dislocated hip, organizations have concerns about his long-term durability. He also has suffered a broken index finger, sprained right knee and high ankle sprain on both sides during his collegiate career.

However, the Chargers seem determined to add a potential franchise quarterback this season. While Tagovailoa comes with medical red flags, he’s also one of the most talented players in the 2020 NFL Draft. He’s received comparisons to Drew Brees for his exceptional accuracy and was even compared to Patrick Mahomes for his ability to throw on the run.

This could be a great fit given the Chargers don’t need Tagovailoa to start right away. The team intends to start Tyrod Taylor next season, and he could be a serviceable bridge starter for the season.

The Miami Dolphins likely represent the greatest threat to draft Tagovailoa ahead of the Chargers. However, there are reports that the Dolphins prefer Justin Herbert. If the Dolphins opt to take Herbert with the No. 5 selection, that would likely allow the Chargers to avoid needing to trade up with Tagovailoa falling right into their lap.

Tagovailoa will remain the most discussed prospect leading up to the NFL Draft with teams and his agent leaking information to try and swing his draft stock. While there are concerning durability issues that carry immense risk, it seems likely that he’ll avoid a draft-day slide and wind up a top-12 pick on April 23.

Comment

• Maniaque 6
                French Speaking Charger Fan
                • Jan 2019
                • Québec city
                • Send PM

In the last Daniel Jeremiah's mock draft, Brown, Simmons, Wills and Becton are all there at 6.
                And the Chargers are proud to select ... Tua Tagovailoa !

Comment

• blueman
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

If we sit and Tua drops, not so bad. Still have a lot of picks in a talent-rich draft. If Tua never plays a meaningful down we will still have a competitive team, risk/reward with Tua has the potential to put us over the top. Not sure there’s another player at 6 with the top end that meaningful.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
                    If we sit and Tua drops, not so bad. Still have a lot of picks in a talent-rich draft. If Tua never plays a meaningful down we will still have a competitive team, risk/reward with Tua has the potential to put us over the top. Not sure there’s another player at 6 with the top end that meaningful.
                    Cant put you over the top from the sideline injured. Too risky for me.

Comment

• chargeroo
                      Fan since 1961
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Oregon
                      • Retired Manager/Pastor
                      • Send PM

We could re-sign Verrett and he and Tua could watch the team play together while they are on IR.
                      THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• like54ninjas
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Oct 2017
                        • Great White North
                        • Draftnik
                        • Send PM

Best ability is availability.
                        If we pick him, I’m all in though!
                        My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                        K9
                        Nasir
                        Tillery
                        Parham
                        Reed

Comment

• La Costa Boy
                          • Sep 2018
                          • JoJa
                          • Send PM

If we pick him with Simmons available, I will barf in my cornflakes.

Comment

Working...
                          X