• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • blueman
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

When I read a comment like this, it makes me chuckle because people refuse to give Rivers the same break playing behind a crappy line...

To answer your question, I think whatever team Burrows was playing on wins as he was clearly the best player on the field, but a long shot. Hurts hurt himself today.
    Comments like the comment about Rivers are also humorous, as many bad plays by him this season he had very good protection. Not excusing the OL, just pointing out both can be bad.

Hmmm, guess I’m not convinced Burrow would win behind the Sooners Oline, but that’s just me valuing good Oline play.

Comment

• richpjr
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Nashville
      • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

Comments like the comment about Rivers are also humorous, as many bad plays by him this season he had very good protection. Not excusing the OL, just pointing out both can be bad.

Hmmm, guess I’m not convinced Burrow would win behind the Sooners Oline, but that’s just me valuing good Oline play.
      All QBs will play better behind a good offensive line. Burrows clearly handles pressure better than Hurts, so while he would not put up 8 TDS, I still think he is such a big step above Hurts that they would win if he was Oklahoma’s QB.

Rivers has had some awful throws this past year as has been discussed ad naseum here, but has already passed for more yards than last year, is over his career average for completion percentage and yards per throw. Give him a good line and I still think he is an above average QB in the league. The question is does the team want to reload for one more shot with him or start with a new QB. They won’t get a shot at Burrows and Hurts does not appear to be a franchise type QB.

Comment

• blueman
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

I guess I do not have faith Rivers will somehow, magically, stop making unpressured game-losing throws. In my mind that’s a completely separate issue and The sticking point for not bringing him back. I guess Burrow would win a SB with our Oline, maybe we should trade the house for him? Not sure I have faith in that either.

Same way like the above poster said, hard to evaluate Burrow based on the game just played, hard for me to evaluate Hurts in that game too. Burrow was awesome, Hurts sucked, the trenches and other spots (how many WR drops did Burrow have?) figured huge in that IMHO.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
          Smooth Operation
          • May 2017
          • Send PM

I guess I do not have faith Rivers will somehow, magically, stop making unpressured game-losing throws. In my mind that’s a completely separate issue and The sticking point for not bringing him back. I guess Burrow would win a SB with our Oline, maybe we should trade the house for him? Not sure I have faith in that either.

Same way like the above poster said, hard to evaluate Burrow based on the game just played, hard for me to evaluate Hurts in that game too. Burrow was awesome, Hurts sucked, the trenches and other spots (how many WR drops did Burrow have?) figured huge in that IMHO.
          As a relative noobie, I am discovering that blowhardism is rampant on a daily basis @ TPB.

How many posters remember Lamar Jackson's final collegiate performance ?

BTW It was a fail.
          We do not play modern football.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
            Smooth Operation
            • May 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by PR#1 View Post

Etienne a nice player too
            Yes.Yes.
            He is a possibility at 49.
            My comp is Shady.
            Pass Pro must improve.
            But this is a very explosive player.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
              Oline-Tip of the Spear...
              • Feb 2019
              • McLean Illinois
              • Pipefitter Illinois State University
              • Send PM

Sooners trenches flat out sucked today, both sides of the ball. Anybody else curious how Hurts would’ve done behind LSU’s Oline? Or Burrow behind Oklahoma’s?
              A little bit...there at the end, when he wasn't getting pressured as much, he made some nice throws...but when under pressure, though he didn't make a bunch of mistakes....he didn't make plays either.
              If your staff wants to go in a RPO direction, I would drop a second on him, and let him sit a year behind Rivers and learn the Xs and Os of the pros...or even start installing RPO with Tyrod, Hurts as understudy, if Rivers is done.

I wanted to see more from Hurts...his line was sucking, but he sure seemed to give up early at times...but I am preparing myself. If Lynn wants what I think he wants, and if he has the balls to go into the offseason meetings, slam his hand on the table and say "We tried it your way, now let me do it my way, or send me down the road"...and let him have his way? I could totally see Hurts here.

Not saying it's the way I would go....just saying it's a possibility.
              Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                • Feb 2019
                • McLean Illinois
                • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

As a relative noobie, I am discovering that blowhardism is rampant on a daily basis @ TPB.

How many posters remember Lamar Jackson's final collegiate performance ?

BTW It was a fail.
                You like Hurts a little bit, Wood? I did...liked the idea of going in that direction when Rivers departed...but I just haven't seen enough to jump in with both feet...and there are a couple of exciting RPO prospects coming out next year. But hey...just for fun, I'll post a new wild mock in "Your 1st 3 rounds" thread....think you will like the first pick....
                Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                  Smooth Operation
                  • May 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

You like Hurts a little bit, Wood? I did...liked the idea of going in that direction when Rivers departed...but I just haven't seen enough to jump in with both feet...and there are a couple of exciting RPO prospects coming out next year. But hey...just for fun, I'll post a new wild mock in "Your 1st 3 rounds" thread....think you will like the first pick....
                  I can easily picture LAC going Derrick Brown or OT or weapon @ 7, then going Hurts or Love @ 39. My preference is Mond of TAMU late.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                    Smooth Operation
                    • May 2017
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post
                    will also add (but of course) that Stidham threw for 335 yards and four scores (70 percent completion percentage) in the first half of his bowl game, and in the 2017 Iron Bowl his team beat Alabama, and while he managed a 75 percent completion percentage.... his problem was the opposite of Burrows, instead of flourishing under a new OC, his new OC was detrimental to his senior season, until the HC decided to call the plays in his final Sugar Bowl game, and where he threw for 373 yards and 5 TDs in just over a half of play.

we've passed on some good ones in the past under team Tommy John, i.e. Star and RR, and not to mention Deshaun and Mahomes…. hopefully we can do like we did w/Bosa and make the right pick for this team going forward (into Hollywood Park).
                    LOL.
                    Get ' em beach.
                    Speak truth to power.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                      Day Tripper
                      • May 2019
                      • North of the Lagoon
                      • Send PM

OU was outclassed at pretty much every position yesterday. Hurts didn’t impress at all, but i saw a few OU games he killed it in. Problem I always have with OU QBs is how much is just system+athleticism, vs actually being a top QB. I can’t tell - I’m not sure yet that either of the last 2 (both rated higher than Hurts) will truly be top QBs.

Burrow is the deal, amazing accuracy in deep balls. although ... I’d rather have Lawrence all things equal. Kid just has that magic “IT” factor. Too bad NFL prohibits his matriculation for another year. Dobbins is a beast on wheels, hate to think of RB early in draft but he is special.

Simmons is a really good player, but LAC doesn’t need another strong safety. I agree with the hybrid assessments, and also agree he’d be great on a team that doesn’t already have Derwin. I don’t think he will stand up as well at LB in NFL, which is where the Bolts really need to strengthen. He’ll be a good player but i don’t see him as Chargers #1 pick. Build the trench if they don’t go QB1.

i’m sure you guys will come up with the right answer ... I’ll just keep reading.
                      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• richpjr
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Nashville
                        • Send PM

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

I can easily picture LAC going Derrick Brown or OT or weapon @ 7, then going Hurts or Love @ 39. My preference is Mond of TAMU late.
                          I'd be very disappointed with Mond and especially Love.
                          They need to get this right.

Comment

Working...
                          X