• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • powderblueboy
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post

Trade down grab Eason with first pick and stock up on o line with the extrta pick?Also grab a WR and RB to help him out.Just spitballin.
    i'd move up from the 2nd round.

I'd take one of the top tier players at #6. For me that would be either Thomas or Wills; for others it might be Wirts and for beachcomber it would be Derrick Brown.

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargingBolts View Post

And the Browns had the courage to fire their first year coach who won 6 games, will the Chargers who won 5 games fire their third year (26-22) coach?
      Yes but they have had like 8 HCs since 2008. Romeo Crennel has the longest tenure at only 3 years from 2005 to 2008 and they remain one of the worst teams in the NFL. They may have a worse owner than we do.
      Are the Browns the blueprint you want to use?

Comment

• Sb4Rivers
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Oct 2019
        • Send PM

Charger are not trading up nor down. History has shown the will take best player available in their cant miss mindset. It’s not who they pick @#6, it’s how long it takes for that player to live up to his caliber of play. Looking at Bosa, Gordon, James.....and all other first rd picks not many have fulfilled their chosen slot.

Bosa is closes, but unless charger are willing to FT him he will not stay a charger. To Build a good culture you plan around your QB and take care of your best assets. Poor planning has now put charger without a QB of the future as of Today. They are rolling the dice....

Do you think players don’t see how this organization is run and best ones can play anywhere.

sproles, woodhead, weddle all had fuel in tank and played better on their new teams......lashes

chargers have built a culture of injuries and slow development are ok.

so whoever they get @#6 will endure flashes of why he was selected @6, but eventually will fall in it’s ok if your not great.

its funny how the most aggressive, hungry player on this team could be a starting QB for another team next year. #patchworkOLisOKchargersFO

out!
        Last edited by Sb4Rivers; 12-30-2019, 07:28 AM.

Comment

• Chargerville
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Sep 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargingBolts View Post

And the Browns had the courage to fire their first year coach who won 6 games, will the Chargers who won 5 games fire their third year (26-22) coach?
          Greg Williams should have gotten that job anyways. IMO, he earned it when he took over last year.

Comment

• powderblueboy
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Trade down to where? What spot do you trade down to and feel confident, no, certain you still get him? Who is trading up and paying premium that doesn’t need or want a QB (the most common but obviously not the only reason a team wants to trade up to high first round).
            who knows? I don't have the time to evaluate who is in the market for whom come draft time. Haskins was the 3rd qb taken last year, and he went at #15; the next qb was Drew lock in the 2nd to denver. The year before, josh rosen was the 4rth qb selected at #10, and Lamar Jackson fell to #32; the year before that Watson was the 3rd at #12, and then Kizer went next at #52.

Assuming Eason is the #4 qb (& he might not be), he could go anywhere from #9 to the bottom of the first.

After Jacksonville at #9, the next obvious qb landing spot would be Miami at #18: Miami has 3 first round picks.....if they don't take a qb at #5, they might take Eason at #18 or 25.
            After that, a team like New Orleans or New England might take him to develop.

If Miami takes a qb at #5, or trades up.....Eason or Herbert should last into the 20's or later. I don't see 4 qbs go top 9 with all the talent.

Comment

• Electric Chicken
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

It all started a long ,long time ago with a play called " THE HOLY ROLLER "

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                Day Tripper
                • May 2019
                • North of the Lagoon
                • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

who knows? I don't have the time to evaluate who is in the market for whom come draft time. Haskins was the 3rd qb taken last year, and he went at #15; the next qb was Drew lock in the 2nd to denver. The year before, josh rosen was the 4rth qb selected at #10, and Lamar Jackson fell to #32; the year before that Watson was the 3rd at #12, and then Kizer went next at #52.

Assuming Eason is the #4 qb (& he might not be), he could go anywhere from #9 to the bottom of the first.

After Jacksonville at #9, the next obvious qb landing spot would be Miami at #18: Miami has 3 first round picks.....if they don't take a qb at #5, they might take Eason at #18 or 25.
                After that, a team like New Orleans or New England might take him to develop.

If Miami takes a qb at #5, or trades up.....Eason or Herbert should last into the 20's or later. I don't see 4 qbs go top 9 with all the talent.
                thx - i honestly have no idea either, understand its a crap shoot. They might find cheaper terms for trade up from a team slightly higher as well - who knows. its a good idea if they can guess it right. Otherwise they'll get a premier (non QB) player at 6 and wait for 2021 to get QBoFuture. If i knew they could get Lawrence, i'd be fine with that. i love that kid - he's got the IT factor, full on passion and drive from what I see. Can make all the throws, can run better than Burrow ... he played very well under strong OSU pressure and he's a winner.

That will to win in a QB mindset is undervalued imo - able to handle the pressure and make the plays that win or lose. some rise up and some sink. I remember when Denver drafted Cutler, touted to have all the physical tools. I saw a perennial loser and sure enough ... he remained a loser throughout his career.
                “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• powderblueboy
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2017
                  • Send PM

'
                  Telesco's reign coincides with two powerhouse teams in the division: first Denver, then K.C.;

but yeah, he needs to turn it around soon or it will be time to cut bait.

Comment

• Topcat
                    AKA "Pollcat"
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Protect17 View Post
                    The FREAKInG Browns had more wins than the Chargers LMAO are you shitting me ? My word what a mess .The Cleveland Browns who fired a first year coach who won more games than our third year coach .no wonder why no one cares about the Chargers in LA .
                    At least the Brownies have good fan support...and in cold weather no less...

Comment

• Topcat
                      AKA "Pollcat"
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Electric Chicken View Post
                      It all started a long ,long time ago with a play called " THE HOLY ROLLER "
                      ...and it continued with AJ Smith firing Marty, then hiring Norv...

Comment

• Topcat
                        AKA "Pollcat"
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

If the Bolts really want Eason that bad, they'll have to take him at #6--remember, top QB's go fast...Eason may go in the top 10...I'd rather quit messing around and draft a premium OT like Wirfs or Wills...then see who's there at QB in round 2...

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                          Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                          • Feb 2019
                          • McLean Illinois
                          • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post
                          If the Bolts really want Eason that bad, they'll have to take him at #6--remember, top QB's go fast...Eason may go in the top 10...I'd rather quit messing around and draft a premium OT like Wirfs or Wills...then see who's there at QB in round 2...
                          You of all people, continually blasting Rivers for letting us down all these years, want to replace him by sifting thru the bargain bin in the second round? Just see whats laying around when we pick?:facepalm1:
                          Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

Working...
                          X