• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Critty
    Dominate the Day.
    • Mar 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

this is a Patriots team we should beat. I agree that their secondary is their strength. Let’s see how the Chargers game plan for this and attack the Patriots d. On defense, we will have to contain Cam as a runner and stop Sony and that other character. They should be stacking the box and spying Cam.
    Its basically a pickem game. Its not a should. Its a coin flip.
    Not only do I like the Patriots secondary better. I like their o-line a bit better too. And they have a good RB too. I like Herbert much better than Cam. But JH10 is still a rookie.

Good thing we have the better HC.
    :tongue:
    Who has it better than us?

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

Weren't you the one that stated that Burrow was some sort of great QB prospect that we should trade multiple first round draft picks to select?

The Bengals used the #1 overall pick to select Burrow. Has Burrow fully justified the use of that draft pick so far? Granted, he is likely to improve, but so far I would have to say the answer to that is "no", especially based on what Herbert has done this season by comparison.

Burrow finished the season with a QB rating of 89.8. That is currently good for 24th in the NFL. He is ranked behind such legendary QBs as Baker Mayfield and Gardner Minshew and one spot ahead of Nick Mullens. Herbert has thoroughly outperformed him and is on pace to win Offensive Rookie of the Year.

While I expect Burrow to improve and prove Cowherd wrong in terms of being a good NFL QB, Burrow is not there yet and to the extent you suggested that Burrow warranted the use of multiple first round picks, you were every bit as wrong as Cowherd and maybe more wrong. Burrow certainly is nowhere close to establishing himself as some sort of great once in generation type prospect.
      He is a Bengal with a worse OL than ours. I'm not worried about Burrow except for his health with that Org

If I'm Lawrence, I come out and say I won't play for the Jets, especially if they don't fire Gase.

Comment

• Critty
        Dominate the Day.
        • Mar 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

He is a Bengal with a worse OL than ours. I'm not worried about Burrow except for his health with that Org
        I would suspect if the QB were switched teams.
        They way Lynn and Pep have handled things and Lynn making it known how he strongly feels the need to protect a rookie QB. That Burrow would be rookie of year for Chargers and Herbert may be on IR with Bengals.

Of course there is an arrogant and ignorant poster who delusionally thinks it's all the rookie Herbert. Even though it's the ultimate team game.

But if you asked a Sean Payton, Andy Reid, or a Belicheat what they think. I'm confident they would say both the Chargers staff and Herbert deserve credit for it.

​​​​​​Fanatics overreacting. Its what they do.
        Who has it better than us?

Comment

• jamrock
          lawyers, guns and money
          • Sep 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post

Its basically a pickem game. Its not a should. Its a coin flip.
          Not only do I like the Patriots secondary better. I like their o-line a bit better too. And they have a good RB too. I like Herbert much better than Cam. But JH10 is still a rookie.

Good thing we have the better HC.
          :tongue:
          such a relief! Whew!

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Belichick will outsmart Lynn in this game whether it is clock management, with timeouts or a trick of his that Vrabel used on him lol.

Comment

• beachcomber
              & ramblin' man
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
              Colin Cowherd just did a segment on the Chargers. He said there is no way the Chargers should be underdogs at home to NE. Went thru key roster pieces on both teams. Cam only has 4 td passes this season?

he then said the nfl is a coaches league and the worst sin an nfl team can make is to waste a stud qb on a rookie deal. Don’t roll the dice on a coordinator. Go get a proven head coach.
              but then he comes out and raises the flag for Brian Kelly.... how does a hip hip hoorah college HC necessarily have a leg up on an NFL coordinator w/real in game NFL experience ?? way too many former HCs with "experience" that are on their last HC legs and/or are ready to be put out to pasture, and would/should be grateful just to be on staff somewhere.... no thank you.

will take my chance on the "coordinator" who has yet to show that he can't win the big one/SB.

your HCs w/past experience all have one thing in common.... they have already documented that they didn't have what it took.
              5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• beachcomber
                & ramblin' man
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

If they replace Gus with a Teryl Austin who is part of the Steeler staff defense that is leading league in takeaways and points allowed. That will add to the hype of Chargers being a bounce back team that make playoffs.

The roster build has some holes in it.
                there you go again, making one of your none to subtle inferences.... that this time if only Lynn was without Gus, and now it's Teryl Austin that can help get him over his proverbial hump, and not to mention w/the addition Teryl Austin, then and only then will our defense begin to pile up the turnovers.... always a scapegoat, and never by the name of Anthony Ray Lynn.

and what HC doesn't have a roster w/holes in it.... have you been reading my posts 'bout Joe Brady.... he's doin' alright w/some "holes" in his roster.

5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• beachcomber
                  & ramblin' man
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Wow. Just an amazing amount of ignorance in regard to the roster and coaching by some posters here.
                  You don't even know that being committed to running the damn ball and checking down to Ekeler vs Patriots makes tons of sense. The strength of New England defense is their secondary. I bet you would have a rookie behind a suspect o-line throwing into the teeth of that defense and abandon the run. And when Lynn and Steichen game plan does not match up with your ideas, immediately claim it's poor coaching.
                  And
                  ​​​​​You also will only grade the result. Which is grabage take every damn time. Grade each players execution on each play. If Pipkins gets beat the moment Hebert snaps the damn ball. That not poor coaching. That is a sophomore from sammy small school making mistakes during on the job training.
                  hell yes we should be throwing the ball.... against anyone in the NFL.

as I mentioned in another post, when Keenan first went up against the "vaunted" Richard Sherman, there were peoples ooohing and aaahing, but not Keenan.... his response: just another NFL CB.

do you think Keenan is quaking in his boots facing the NE secondary, or is he going.... throw me the damn ball.

he's gonna get open, that's what he does.

our run game is usually abysmal.... why would you continue to run your W/L record into the ground ??

Comment

• Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

If I'm Lawrence, I come out and say I won't play for the Jets, especially if they don't fire Gase.
                    Neither CIN's OL nor our OL is good. I know that in several games, the announcers have discussed Herbert being among the most pressured passers in the league as a percentage of drop backs, but I do not have that stat in front me.

Two factors make the getting sacked stat for each OL not perfectly reliable. Herbert is much faster than Burrow and has run away from numerous sacks this season. Also, Burrow held the ball too long in the earlier games this season and admitted as much after their game against Baltimore this season.

Along those lines, after Burrow improved in that area, Cincinnati's OL was allowing an average of only two sacks per game over their last 5 games until Burrow's injury. Then, Finley did exactly what Burrow was doing earlier in the season--holding the ball too long--and got sacked 4 times after Burrow left the game in the third quarter not having been sacked at all.

Gase has done better with his team's (very limited) talent than Lynn has done with his team's talent, but I do not think Gase will keep his job with an 0-16 result and some reported conflict issues with players.

Lawrence will declare for the draft and the Jets will draft him if they have the #1 overall pick. That said, if the Jets win one game and Jacksonville loses out, the current SOS would favor Jacksonville getting the #1 overall seed.

Comment

• 21&500
                      Bolt Spit-Baller
                      • Sep 2018
                      • A Whale's Vajayjay
                      • CMB refugee
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
                      Belichick will outsmart Lynn in this game whether it is clock management, with timeouts or a trick of his that Vrabel used on him lol.
                      It's a bit masochistic to think how brutally unfair this is.
                      pick your analogy
                      Candy from baby
                      Fish in a barrel
                      Bienemy and some parking attendant....
                      P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
                      P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
                      P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
                      P4. Obnoxious Communication - Matlock

Comment

• beachcomber
                        & ramblin' man
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

Cowherd is exactly right about wasting the years of a QB on a rookie deal. That is a huge reason why Lynn must go in addition to Lynn being totally inept at game planning and in game decisions.

However, proven head coaches may not be readily available for us to hire.

And which AFC OCs are you talking about? While just about anyone with a pulse would be better than Lynn, my concern is that any new head coach needs to understand that our offensive personnel dictates that we should have a run/pass ratio that heavily favors the passing game. I do not know if I can say that about the leading head coaching candidates among the AFC OCs.
                        there is a one in particular NFC coordinator that eye would love to see what he would do w/the all of Herbie, Joshua Kelly, KJ Hill, Hunter, and even Keenan, who me thinx would have his biggest and bestest season ever as a Charger, as everywhere Joe Brady has gone there has been a noticeable uptick in most every integral player's output and production.

Comment

• 21&500
                          Bolt Spit-Baller
                          • Sep 2018
                          • A Whale's Vajayjay
                          • CMB refugee
                          • Send PM

Wow. Just an amazing amount of ignorance in regard to the roster and coaching by some posters here.
                          You don't even know that being committed to running the damn ball and checking down to Ekeler vs Patriots makes tons of sense. The strength of New England defense is their secondary. I bet you would have a rookie behind a suspect o-line throwing into the teeth of that defense and abandon the run. And when Lynn and Steichen game plan does not match up with your ideas, immediately claim it's poor coaching.
                          And
                          ​​​​​You also will only grade the result. Which is grabage take every damn time. Grade each players execution on each play. If Pipkins gets beat the moment Hebert snaps the damn ball. That not poor coaching. That is a sophomore from sammy small school making mistakes during on the job training.
                          "Critty is a better coach than Anthony Lynn"

--me
                          P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
                          P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
                          P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
                          P4. Obnoxious Communication - Matlock

Comment

Working...
                          X