:demonkid:
    Who has it better than us?

Comment

• Critty
      Dominate the Day.
      • Mar 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

there you go again, making one of your none to subtle inferences.... that this time if only Lynn was without Gus, and now it's Teryl Austin that can help get him over his proverbial hump, and not to mention w/the addition Teryl Austin, then and only then will our defense begin to pile up the turnovers.... always a scapegoat, and never by the name of Anthony Ray Lynn.

and what HC doesn't have a roster w/holes in it.... have you been reading my posts 'bout Joe Brady.... he's doin' alright w/some "holes" in his roster.

What do you expect. I went out on this limb for Lynn and I'm hanging on for dear life. Of course I would advise trying to replace Gus And seeing if that helps. Why the heck would I cut the limb I'm standing on.

In 2016 The offense was dead last in turnovers committed. Worst in league in McCoy final year. Lynn arrived and they immediately became one of the better teams in league in that area. In 2019 it jump again to one of the worst in large part to Rivers inability to take care of football. And they moved on to Herbert. The offense turnovers has improved again after the QB switch. And, The offense scoring also improved from last year to this year. And Herbert looks good in the offense. So the arrow is point up on that side of the ball.

The defense is struggling in part because of injury. But it looks like Lynn and Steichen have the know how to overcome the o-line injury and sub par talent on o-line. And still get production from offense. I am not seeing Gus overcome injury as well or still get enough production from defense. We have become worse at defense this year compared with last. And it isn't to scapegoat Gus. But If I'm Lynn I am looking to improve on that side of the ball and I am looking at the Steelers who have lead the league in takeaways for 2 years in a row and I takeaway Teryl Austin and add him to my staff as DC.

Comment

• Critty
        Dominate the Day.
        • Mar 2019
        • Send PM

hell yes we should be throwing the ball.... against anyone in the NFL.

as I mentioned in another post, when Keenan first went up against the "vaunted" Richard Sherman, there were peoples ooohing and aaahing, but not Keenan.... his response: just another NFL CB.

do you think Keenan is quaking in his boots facing the NE secondary, or is he going.... throw me the damn ball.

he's gonna get open, that's what he does.

our run game is usually abysmal.... why would you continue to run your W/L record into the ground ??
        Its easy to trust K.Allen
        Belicheat can put Gilmore on Williams and double K.Allen.
        ​​​​​​
        So this may need to be a Ekeler and Henry game. But if they commit to run. Then they can get some play action passes and chunk plays. Patriots are not as good at defending the run. Even though Chargers are not running it per carry at a great clip. They are still 11th in total rush yards. Which has helped Herbert a lot more than fans on this board will ever admit. Complimentary football. It works.

Comment

• jamrock
          lawyers, guns and money
          • Sep 2017
          • Send PM

so who's your vote going for.... Bill, Brian or Urban ??
          Bill is a pipe dream but if he’s come I’d say yes. Next out of those three is Urban

Comment

• Critty
            Dominate the Day.
            • Mar 2019
            • Send PM

:LOL:

Burrow had a zero percent chance to be rookie of year if Chargers drafted him?!!!????!
            :wtf2: Chain.

I may be out on a limb with Lynn that doesn't look very smart.
            ​​​​​​
            But this statement by crusher is really the cherry on top on pure stupidity.

opcorn:

Comment

• jamrock
              lawyers, guns and money
              • Sep 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by NoMoreChillies View Post
              This forum taking Colin Cowherd opinion as fact....smh
              It’s an opinion. Not fact. By definition

Comment

• jubei
                Vagabond Ninja
                • Feb 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post

LOL Anthony "I don't understand a clock" Lynn said that Herbert was a backup to Taylor for a reason. He did not say what that reason was for obvious reasons as he would be laughed at.
                cuz, like his clock management, he probably has no idea what that reason is.

Comment

• Originally posted by Critty View Post

Its easy to trust K.Allen
                  Belicheat can put Gilmore on Williams and double K.Allen.
                  ​​​​​​
                  So this may need to be a Ekeler and Henry game. But if they commit to run. Then they can get some play action passes and chunk plays. Patriots are not as good at defending the run. Even though Chargers are not running it per carry at a great clip. They are still 11th in total rush yards. Which has helped Herbert a lot more than fans on this board will ever admit. Complimentary football. It works.
                  How exactly does calling early down running plays that leave Herbert in known passing situations help Herbert? By letting opponents pass rush more aggressively? By letting opponents devote more players to pass coverage? That is the opposite of helping Herbert and has been all season long.

They are 11th in total rushing yards because Lynn insists on running the ball even though we suck at it.

Of all 8 of teams that suck at running the ball (under 4.0 YPC), the next highest team in total rushing yards is #22 overall. That is because intelligent head coaches do not bang their heads against the wall repeatedly doing things they know they are not good at doing. Yet, under Anthony Lynn's brilliant approach, we continue to bang our heads against the wall and set up our rookie sensation to fail. That is the exact opposite of good coaching.

And Lynn deserves no credit at all for Herbert's individual brilliance in getting the team out of the trouble caused by Lynn's approach again and again in game after game. Herbert has been great in spite of Lynn, not because of him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Critty View Post
                    :LOL:

Burrow had a zero percent chance to be rookie of year if Chargers drafted him?!!!????!
                    :wtf2: Chain.

I may be out on a limb with Lynn that doesn't look very smart.
                    ​​​​​​
                    But this statement by crusher is really the cherry on top on pure stupidity.

opcorn:
                    Burrow was in a better position to be named Offensive Rookie of the Year--#1 overall pick, in an offense that throws a lot more, and playing from day 1.

Herbert overcame all of those advantages for Burrow anyway and his dominance would have been even greater if he played from day 1 for the pass happy Bengals as the #1 overall pick with all of the splash plays that Burrow could never dream of making.

This season, Herbert has been spectacular. Burrow has been just a guy.

Comment

• ghost
                      The Rise of Kellen Moore
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

AJ was talking about players, not some young first time OCs vying for a HC possition who have never done that.
                      Scouting talent is scouting talent. You scout head office personnel the same way you look at a cornerback. Past production. Your C.V. is your past production.

Comment

• jubei
                        Vagabond Ninja
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

And Lynn deserves no credit at all for Herbert's individual brilliance in getting the team out of the trouble caused by Lynn's approach again and again in game after game. Herbert has been great in spite of Lynn, not because of him.
                        ^^^THIS right here^^^ Preach it brah. I'm totally on this train and I'm not being facetious. I also dont believe any credit should be given to lynn for Herbert. After all he doesnt know anything about QB coaching...he's a glorified RB coach who is in over his head as HC, constantly being outcoached by other HCs. Hell the Jets almost came back to win for Buddha's sake! This last game was about THE WORST management of a game I'd EVER seen! It's like he cant think while there is a clock running and has to call time outs just to punt the ball! LOL! and calling TOs...why does he wait so damn long to call a TO and let precious seconds run off the clock when time is of the essence?! I have NO idea what goes on inside his head during games, or if ANYTHING goes on inside there. OK sorry, rant over.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

Burrow was in a better position to be named Offensive Rookie of the Year--#1 overall pick, in an offense that throws a lot more, and playing from day 1.

Herbert overcame all of those advantages for Burrow anyway and his dominance would have been even greater if he played from day 1 for the pass happy Bengals as the #1 overall pick with all of the splash plays that Burrow could never dream of making.

This season, Herbert has been spectacular. Burrow has been just a guy.
                          Two pass attempts seperate Burrow and Herbert from having the same as Herbert has now played the same number of games.
                          As a team, we have 434 pass attempts, they have 444.
                          PASS happy?
                          We have run 70 more rushing attempts because as you said, Lynn insists on it.
                          We have just run more offensive plays than them as we ha e scored more points.

I don't agree Burrow has been just a guy. He has had a successful rookie season imo while having a worse OL.
                          Herbert has throw two more INTs while also having 9 more TDs.
                          Herbert has been very good, but that don't mean Burrow hasn't been good.

Comment

Working...
                          X