Clear All
  • Bolt4Knob
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Dec 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

To produce??
    how about just show some requisite competence
    how about show that you’re not a liability to your own team?!?
    Give me the same record without the
    same
    exact
    mistakes
    every
    week
    and we can talk about 2021
    show some responsiveness with Gus or Stewart when we’re still in reasonable contention
    Point is that it’s not responsible to ask our stud qb to continue knowing his own HC is not an asset to his own team, at least not enough of an asset to overlook “rookie HC mistakes” in his 4th year.
    we’ll see how much responsibility the Spanos decide to take
    The reason I think Lynn needs to be fired is he has not improved at managing the game, using time outs, clock management, in-game adjustments. In fact, this year, he seems to have regressed from previous years. The culmination was Buffalo. But Denver the team didn't use the clock wisely. Against the Raiders, they didn't. The turning point of the Bucs game was his decision to not take three knees. before the half . Yes, maybe Kelly should hold onto the ball but a good coach might also limit ways his teams can make mistakes. So instead of a snap to QB plus successful handoff to RB plus the RB not fumbling. You have snap, take a knee. And if by year 4 he hasn't learned this stuff - what is to think having a new DC and new ST will change how he coaches

It has to be from within. And he has shown zero willingness to understand this part of his job better. And by the way, for me, its one of those most important parts of his job 1) preparation for the game in practices, teaches his players 2) coaching the damn game

All that other stuff is important and they help get you the W or L but not like the above two things.

Comment

• Critty
      Dominate the Day.
      • Mar 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by NoMoreChillies View Post

agree
      those clay wheels are:
      Campbell, Adderly, Ingram, Pipkins, St.Louis, Groy, Jenkins, Facyson, Kelley, JJackson, KJ Hill, Reed, Badgely, White etc.
      Some of them could become urethane but they will never be soft urethane
      And the Spanos are roller skate trucks. Just stuck there and we hate it. But we all know we want and actual need real skateboard trucks.
      Who has it better than us?

Comment

• Critty
        Dominate the Day.
        • Mar 2019
        • Send PM

[QUOTE=powderblueboy;n1143594]
        Originally posted by Critty View Post

I didn't want to play your game....which is taking one game and distilling it into an absolute measurement. What's the saying about any given game?

But alright...

1. In division games are typically closely fought affairs, despite the difference in records.
        2. Jets traveled to the west coast to play the Chargers; they stayed at home to play New England
        3. New England has actually beaten a good team this year....unlike the Chargers, the Jets game is not their high water mark.
        4. 35 - 7

the bigger picture...

1. Belichick: 6 Super Bowl champions, 9 AFC championships, 13 AFC championship games, 17 Eastern division titles,
        1 Matt Cassell lead victory over Super Bowl participant (qb driven league, eh?), 2 - 0 against Anthony Lynn

2. Lynn: isser:0 Western division titles, 0 victories over Super Bowl participants, 1 playoff wild card victory, 0 - 2 against Bill Belichick

3. McCoy: isser:O Western division titles, 3 victories over Super Bowl participants, 1 playoff wild card victory, 0 - 1 against Bill Belichick
        Okay. So again. Didn't answer the question. And you said any given game as a reason. And then you pick 3 given games out McCoys 4 seasons.
        Nicely done, you made a bullshit sandwich.

Comment

• BoltUp InLA
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Sep 2020
          • Send PM

Wow. Just an amazing amount of ignorance in regard to the roster and coaching by some posters here.
          You don't even know that being committed to running the damn ball and checking down to Ekeler vs Patriots makes tons of sense. The strength of New England defense is their secondary. I bet you would have a rookie behind a suspect o-line throwing into the teeth of that defense and abandon the run. And when Lynn and Steichen game plan does not match up with your ideas, immediately claim it's poor coaching.
          And
          ​​​​​You also will only grade the result. Which is grabage take every damn time. Grade each players execution on each play. If Pipkins gets beat the moment Hebert snaps the damn ball. That not poor coaching. That is a sophomore from sammy small school making mistakes during on the job training.
          I agree! The Chargers have had the same OL issues for multiple years in a row and somehow thIs gets dismissed, overlooked, or just minimized at best??
          Steichen in my opinion has done a very solid job overall considering his lack of experience in that role and the uneven play of the OL, which again is a very critical and fundamental aspect of any NFL team in having sustainable success. I would think with that alone there would be more agreement?? I might be truly missing something here, but it’s tough to have any conversation when there can not be more of a consensus on the positive ways this team has still managed to have an effective offense when such a critical aspect of it is poor at best.

The teams I fear most are teams that have very good personal in the secondary because the chargers uneven play on the OL will still make it interesting to consistently run the ball even against teams that are not very good against the run. Herbert is still developing, so becoming overly one-dimensional against a good secondary is putting Herbert in a tough spot. The defensive minded Belichek usually does well against young QBs.

Comment

• powderblueboy
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2017
            • Send PM

[QUOTE=Critty;n1143608]
            Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Okay. So again. Didn't answer the question. And you said any given game as a reason. And then you pick 3 given games out McCoys 4 seasons.
            Nicely done, you made a bullshit sandwich.
            Go back and look again....read carefully this time. Its not that difficult.

You ask for a response, don't like what you get....then put your head in the sand and pretend that it doesn't exist.

Counter logically or desist....pouting is no fun for anyone here.

Comment

• Critty
              Dominate the Day.
              • Mar 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by BoltUp InLA View Post
              I agree! The Chargers have had the same OL issues for multiple years in a row and somehow thIs gets dismissed, overlooked, or just minimized at best??
              Steichen in my opinion has done a very solid job overall considering his lack of experience in that role and the uneven play of the OL, which again is a very critical and fundamental aspect of any NFL team in having sustainable success. I would think with that alone there would be more agreement?? I might be truly missing something here, but it’s tough to have any conversation when there can not be more of a consensus on the positive ways this team has still managed to have an effective offense when such a critical aspect of it is poor at best.

The teams I fear most are teams that have very good personal in the secondary because the chargers uneven play on the OL will still make it interesting to consistently run the ball even against teams that are not very good against the run. Herbert is still developing, so becoming overly one-dimensional against a good secondary is putting Herbert in a tough spot. The defensive minded Belichek usually does well against young QBs.
              Every game is a chance to get better for everyone. Even though Chargers are not good per carry. Because of Lynn commitment to run they are 11th in total rush yards. Lynn continues to go for balance and complimentary football. Because teams know Chargers will stick with the run. It keeps the defense honest. They also move him with some rollouts or boots. All of this helps Herbert a lot.

Somehow fans think look at what Herbert is doing let's go pass heavy since we sucks at the run. If you go one dimensional with your offense you are putting so much pressure on the rookie and giving the defense the opportunity to pin their ears backs and go after Herbert every play. Good grief I could just imagine some of these fans ideas wrecking Herbert all the way to IR and not even on the field anymore.
              And then they won't blame their game planning behind a suspect o-line, they will blame the o-line for getting Herbert wreaked.

Comment

• Critty
                Dominate the Day.
                • Mar 2019
                • Send PM

[QUOTE=powderblueboy;n1143630]

Go back and look again....read carefully this time. Its not that difficult.

You ask for a response, don't like what you get....then put your head in the sand and pretend that it doesn't exist.

Counter logically or desist....pouting is no fun for anyone here.
                I did once. I'm still washing the bullshit out of my eyes.
                Your premises were contradicted by your conclusions.
                Simple as that.
                And you still never answered the question.
                So saying my head is in the sand, when you have a deflected response with flawed logic. Is just more bullshit.

​​​​Answer the question. I will ask again.
                Explain BB needing a FG at buzzer to beat the Jets?

​​​​​​if you can't or won't answer. Then just keep it moving.
                I don't want another bullshit sandwich.

Comment

• Critty
                  Dominate the Day.
                  • Mar 2019
                  • Send PM

1997 Gilbride
                  1998 Gilbride Jones
                  1999 Riley

Belichick was available to hire during that time. And he had experience as a HC with Browns.
                  Every single one of you would have said no he sucks.
                  But now you all say he is the best.

​​​Prisoners of the moment. Small picture thinkers.

Lynn is a very good HC. Period.

Comment

• Topcat
                    AKA "Pollcat"
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

1997 Gilbride
                    1998 Gilbride Jones
                    1999 Riley

Belichick was available to hire during that time. And he had experience as a HC with Browns.
                    Every single one of you would have said no he sucks.
                    But now you all say he is the best.

​​​Prisoners of the moment. Small picture thinkers.

Lynn is a very good HC. Period.
                    Critty, who among current HC's in a losing program are similar to Belicheat with the Browns? A good coach in a losing program?

Comment

• Critty
                      Dominate the Day.
                      • Mar 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Critty, who among current HC's in a losing program are similar to Belicheat with the Browns? A good coach in a losing program?
                      I don't know.
                      Belicheat got a lot of authority over roster with Patriots And it always starts with talent. He had the goat at QB. Its the ultimate team game. There is a reason Belicheat will pay for a great CB like Revis or Gilmore. He knows how that talent help the entire defense be better. Until the HC build a resume, then we just don't know. And even after building a resume, if you don't have a great QB anymore, or have other holes at key spots on roster, then your in some trouble no matter the HC.

There are plenty of good coaches and HCs.
                      Coaches can only do so much. You need to win individual matchups. Is Pipkins winning his matchups consistently right now when he plays. Ingram $14 million was worth Zero sack.
                      Pouncey 6million got you nothing. That 20million right there.

We think Riley was really bad.
                      But the rosters he had were terrible. So I dont think he got a fair chance as a HC. Even if he wasn't that good. He looked much worse because roster wasn't very good.
                      ​​​​​
                      Complete source for pro football history including complete player, team, and league stats, awards, records, leaders, rookies and scores.

Go ahead take a look.
                      I'd much rather have had the Raiders roster.
                      Switch coaches put Riley on Raiders and Gruden on Chargers.
                      Would you rather have Rich Gannon or Doug Flutie.
                      Would you rather have Stichcomb as your left tackle or McIntosh. Do you want Roundtree as your left guard or do you want Wisnewski. Do you want Conway and Graham or Tim Brown and Jerry Rice. Do you want Tay Cody at Cornerback or Charles Woodson. Wade Richey as FG kicker career 71.7% Or SeaBass career 80.4%
                      We had LT and Seau. It just wasn't a fair fight to judge Riley as a HC. But he was fired anyway.

I compare Riley with Gruden because that is who he is racing to get to top of division. And if these coaches are helping drive their team to top. I'm going to take a look at the vehicle and if one has better motor and tires. Then I need some serious upgrades to keep up. Firing the driver doesn't make my car parts better.

The problem with this team has rarely been HC. It has always been poor overall roster when they don't win. When they finally were true contenders. Marty and Norv years. The roster was full or pro bowlers and hall of famers.

Replace Lynn. But you still need another pass rusher beside Bosa. You still need better and healthy o-line. You still need better running back depth behind Ekeler, still need better TE depth behind Henry who is a free agent. Still need Derwin James on the field. etc.etc. Still need better health with o-line.

Its much easier to blame Lynn. Or judge the play after it doesn't work. Why didn't the play work. Was it one player getting beat badly. Was it really a poor play call. Everyone executed their job and it still was no good.

Again I don't know if there is anyone out there that changes things, especially if they have little if any say over roster construction. Belicheat would quit if his hands were tied by Spanos. So you only will get a coach who is willing to work for the Spanos. Meaning most of your favorites will not be here.
                      Another thing. Why get a OC type when offense is doing well and arrow is pointing up. The next HC should be a DC type of you actually switch HCs.

Anyways. Lynn will do great as this roster is improved and matures. There is no quick fix. Just keep building.

Comment

• jamrock
                        lawyers, guns and money
                        • Sep 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

I can answer for him. Anthony Lynn

Comment

• Boltgang74
                          We Are The Storm!
                          • Aug 2018
                          • Send PM

I don't know.
                          Belicheat got a lot of authority over roster with Patriots And it always starts with talent. He had the goat at QB. Its the ultimate team game. There is a reason Belicheat will pay for a great CB like Revis or Gilmore. He knows how that talent help the entire defense be better. Until the HC build a resume, then we just don't know. And even after building a resume, if you don't have a great QB anymore, or have other holes at key spots on roster, then your in some trouble no matter the HC.

There are plenty of good coaches and HCs.
                          Coaches can only do so much. You need to win individual matchups. Is Pipkins winning his matchups consistently right now when he plays. Ingram $14 million was worth Zero sack.
                          Pouncey 6million got you nothing. That 20million right there.

We think Riley was really bad.
                          But the rosters he had were terrible. So I dont think he got a fair chance as a HC. Even if he wasn't that good. He looked much worse because roster wasn't very good.
                          ​​​​​
                          Complete source for pro football history including complete player, team, and league stats, awards, records, leaders, rookies and scores.

Go ahead take a look.
                          I'd much rather have had the Raiders roster.
                          Switch coaches put Riley on Raiders and Gruden on Chargers.
                          Would you rather have Rich Gannon or Doug Flutie.
                          Would you rather have Stichcomb as your left tackle or McIntosh. Do you want Roundtree as your left guard or do you want Wisnewski. Do you want Conway and Graham or Tim Brown and Jerry Rice. Do you want Tay Cody at Cornerback or Charles Woodson. Wade Richey as FG kicker career 71.7% Or SeaBass career 80.4%
                          We had LT and Seau. It just wasn't a fair fight to judge Riley as a HC. But he was fired anyway.

I compare Riley with Gruden because that is who he is racing to get to top of division. And if these coaches are helping drive their team to top. I'm going to take a look at the vehicle and if one has better motor and tires. Then I need some serious upgrades to keep up. Firing the driver doesn't make my car parts better.

The problem with this team has rarely been HC. It has always been poor overall roster when they don't win. When they finally were true contenders. Marty and Norv years. The roster was full or pro bowlers and hall of famers.

Replace Lynn. But you still need another pass rusher beside Bosa. You still need better and healthy o-line. You still need better running back depth behind Ekeler, still need better TE depth behind Henry who is a free agent. Still need Derwin James on the field. etc.etc. Still need better health with o-line.

Its much easier to blame Lynn. Or judge the play after it doesn't work. Why didn't the play work. Was it one player getting beat badly. Was it really a poor play call. Everyone executed their job and it still was no good.

Again I don't know if there is anyone out there that changes things, especially if they have little if any say over roster construction. Belicheat would quit if his hands were tied by Spanos. So you only will get a coach who is willing to work for the Spanos. Meaning most of your favorites will not be here.
                          Another thing. Why get a OC type when offense is doing well and arrow is pointing up. The next HC should be a DC type of you actually switch HCs.

Anyways. Lynn will do great as this roster is improved and matures. There is no quick fix. Just keep building.
                          This post just makes me double down on my dissappointment with TT.I want the whole office cleaned out and rebuilt but will Spaznos do it?Probably not.

Comment

Working...
                          X