• Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Cdn Bolt View Post
    Telesco really has to go too and anyone else responsible for the Lynn hiring. Mccoy too They don't have the skills to find the right coach
    That would be JohnBoy. I'd love for him to be reassigned somewhere That has nothing to do with hiring HCs and player personnel but Dean is to stupid to leave that to football people.

Comment

• beachcomber
      & ramblin' man
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by REH View Post
      Has he been fired yet?
      actually think there's a decent chance he'll be canned tomorrow/Monday.... Gus 'n George too.
      5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• richpjr
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Nashville
        • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

actually think there's a decent chance he'll be canned tomorrow/Monday.... Gus 'n George too.
        I could see Lynn getting canned, but I'd be shocked if they canned both Lynn and Gus. I was originally thinking they'd use the rest of the year in a futile attempt to find some ray of hope to rationalize bringing Lynn back but the past two weeks were BRUTAL. The wheels have fallen off and Lynn is floundering badly. If they did can him, it's not like Gus' unit has done anything to warrant making him the interim HC, but he is the only one on the staff with HC experience.

This is now just pathetic. The team better do something BIG at HC - they have to sell tickets next year. Who would pay to see this shit show?

Comment

• 21&500
          Bolt Spit-Baller
          • Sep 2018
          • A Whale's Vajayjay
          • CMB refugee
          • Send PM

I’m afraid we’ve lowered the baseline expectation too much with this loss that if we get back to one-score losses, that might be justification enough to bring Lynn back in 2021
          I’ve never been disinterested in following the Chargers but I could see 2021 being the first if Lynn is here
          P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
          P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
          P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
          P4. Obnoxious Communication - Matlock

Comment

• Steve
            Administrator
            • Jun 2013
            • South Carolina
            • Meteorologist
            • Send PM

Probably better to wait a week or two. At that point, we can just start the search for the new HC. Use the couple of weeks to get set and interview any of the coaches who have a bye week initially.

Firing Lynn now doesn't really accomplish anything except to overwork the rest of the coaching staff.

Comment

• beachcomber
              & ramblin' man
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

I could see Lynn getting canned, but I'd be shocked if they canned both Lynn and Gus. I was originally thinking they'd use the rest of the year in a futile attempt to find some ray of hope to rationalize bringing Lynn back but the past two weeks were BRUTAL. The wheels have fallen off and Lynn is floundering badly. If they did can him, it's not like Gus' unit has done anything to warrant making him the interim HC, but he is the only one on the staff with HC experience.

This is now just pathetic. The team better do something BIG at HC - they have to sell tickets next year. Who would pay to see this shit show?
              Richard Smith could handle the DC chores, and Pep has XFL HC experience.... am sure he could keep things afloat for the duration.

and Joe Brady has shown that he gets things up and running, @least on O in no time....

they really need to let Lynn go now, if for nothing else for the players sanity, albeit some FO self respect should be on the table as well.
              5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• gzubeck
                Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                • Jan 2019
                • Tucson, AZ
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                Probably better to wait a week or two. At that point, we can just start the search for the new HC. Use the couple of weeks to get set and interview any of the coaches who have a bye week initially.

Firing Lynn now doesn't really accomplish anything except to overwork the rest of the coaching staff.
                With a 45 to zero loss would it make any difference to the remaining coaching staff? I mean Lynn has set the Bar pretty low at this point. LOL! There would be zero pressure only a signal to the rest of the NFL world that there are openings next Year!
                Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Lightnin'
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

It's patently unfair to our players to keep Coach Lynn another day or game. The staff, I am sure know they are on borrowed time as well.

The '21 season will be as sparsely attended as the games in Carson unless ownership and management (same thing ?) make dramatic
                  moves in the upcoming weeks; not waiting for the post-season.

The future of the franchise is in the hands of ownership; the league can or will do no more.
                  San Diego Chargers

1961-2017

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Dec 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Who do you think the BIG hire is - I actually think its Jim Harbaugh

I don't think it will be a first time - I think the Spanii realize - they need to go big. They got a mulligan so to speak with no fans this year - but next year... they need to win some games

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                      Day Tripper
                      • May 2019
                      • North of the Lagoon
                      • Send PM

Was he fired yet?
                      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Dec 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post
                        Was he fired yet?
                        He won't be fired today. Maybe they replace Gus Bradley but I truly do not think the Spanii will fire Lynn today

Personally, I think Lynn, Stewart and Telesco should be shown the door.

I just cannot fathom how they would watch since this season and think Anthony Lynn is the right FOOTBALL coach. Thats what this team needs, a FOOTBALL coach

Comment

• WindsorUK
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jul 2013
                          • Windsor, U.K.
                          • Send PM

For YEARS our Teams have been below average to just plain out ROTTEN, and yet not one word from the man in charge.
                          Now, 2 weeks after management MADE him shift his mentor out of a position of accountability with the Teams, he has the nerve to call out the poor play.
                          This guy is unbelievable.
                          Still, I want him, and the rest of the staff, in place until the season is finished. That'll almost certainly allow us to garner the third pick in the upcoming draft, which is FAR more important than anything happening on the sidelines.

Comment

Working...
                          X