Clear All
  • 21&500
    Bolt Spit-Baller
    • Sep 2018
    • A Whale's Vajayjay
    • CMB refugee
    • Send PM

All of a sudden Lynn isn’t into meaningless records
    but is more than willing to run Herbert into the teeth of a Raiders defense, twice, for a meaningless win.
    Lynn likes to justify playing god with some guys’ careers, good thing Herbert’s talent is strong enough to overcome the first Chargers HC I’ve ever seen be a detriment to his own team.
    cannot say enough about the piece of work that man is.
    well perhaps on TPB I can.
    I really really wish I had a few minutes alone with him to tell him exactly what kind of fraud he is.
    P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
    P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
    P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
    P4. Obnoxious Communication - Henley

Comment

• jubei
      Vagabond Ninja
      • Feb 2019
      • Send PM

DAMN guyton dropped a BEAUTIFUL, PERFECTLY thrown bomb that woulda put Justin at 4TDs today and a lot closer to the record. DAMN it kid you farked it all up for the ROTY!

Comment

• Xenos
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
        All of a sudden Lynn isn’t into meaningless records
        but is more than willing to run Herbert into the teeth of a Raiders defense, twice, for a meaningless win.
        Lynn likes to justify playing god with some guys’ careers, good thing Herbert’s talent is strong enough to overcome the first Chargers HC I’ve ever seen be a detriment to his own team.
        cannot say enough about the piece of work that man is.
        well perhaps on TPB I can.
        I really really wish I had a few minutes alone with him to tell him exactly what kind of fraud he is.
        It is a meaningless record though. There are more important things to be worked up over. Today’s game was not one of them. Though I suppose you could have argued that Herbert shouldn’t really have played at all today given our OL issues.

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

He was sitting at 284 with us taking possession at our own 42. I was hoping for a 58 yard TD pass (for the record by 2 yards), but I fully expected the ignorant turtle from Lynn and company.
          In the grand scheme it don't matter.

It won't bring anything more for the team than winning four straight. He has every rookie record except most yards.... Which nobody will care outside our fans.

Comment

• KrazyLegs
            Registered Dude
            • Sep 2018
            • Westminster, MA
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

In the grand scheme it don't matter.

It won't bring anything more for the team than winning four straight. He has every rookie record except most yards.... Which nobody will care outside our fans.
            I mean, aren't all records sort of meaningless in the grand scheme of things?

But ESPN has Jefferson's rookie WR record as one of its top headlines today. And they have a whole story on it.

Herbert's TD record and completion records? Just a footnote on the game recap.

I think the passing yardage record was more notable...at least in the eyes of the sports media.

Comment

• NoMoreChillies
              Outback Goon
              • Sep 2018
              • Australia
              • Send PM

Originally posted by jubei View Post
              DAMN guyton dropped a BEAUTIFUL, PERFECTLY thrown bomb that woulda put Justin at 4TDs today and a lot closer to the record. DAMN it kid you farked it all up for the ROTY!
              such an easy catch too

Comment

• Bolt-O
                Administrator
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by KrazyLegs View Post

I think the passing yardage record was more notable...at least in the eyes of the sports media.
                Luck had more yards in 16 games but didn't get OROY. 30 Touchdowns to 10 interceptions is more impressive to me, as well as the deep passes completed. Just hope he doesn't become the next Greg Cook but outshines his Charger predecessors.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by KrazyLegs View Post

I mean, aren't all records sort of meaningless in the grand scheme of things?

But ESPN has Jefferson's rookie WR record as one of its top headlines today. And they have a whole story on it.

Herbert's TD record and completion records? Just a footnote on the game recap.

No,.. It's nice but

A rookie record is nothing like career passing yards, TDs, Rushing yards, TDs, Receiving yards, superbowl wins, etc.

How many knew or cared who had the rookie passing yRds record or receiving?
                  Right now I don't know who has the rookie rushing yards record but I'd guess Ezekiel Elliott.

But I know Emmitt Smith has the rushing yards and rushing TDs for a career. Jerry Rice for rexeptions and receiving yards, Brees for Passing yards and TDs unless Brady passed him when he was hurt

Those are longevity and star player feats.

Comment

• jamrock
                    lawyers, guns and money
                    • Sep 2017
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

No

A rookie record is nothing like career passing yards, TDs, Rushing yards, TDs, Receiving yards, superbowl wins, etc.

How many knew or cared who had the rookie passing yRds record or receiving?
                    Right now I don't know who has the rookie rushing yards record but I'd guess Ezekiel Elliott.

But I know Emmitt Smith has the rushing yards and rushing TDs for a career. Jerry Rice for rexeptions and receiving yards, Brees for Passing yards and TDs unless Brady passed him when he was hurt

Those are longevity and star player feats.
                    Excellent point. I didn’t know any of the rookie records until Herbert got in range to surpass them. Give him the good health and team to get the career records. I believe he is capable

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post

Luck had more yards in 16 games but didn't get OROY. 30 Touchdowns to 10 interceptions is more impressive to me, as well as the deep passes completed. Just hope he doesn't become the next Greg Cook but outshines his Charger predecessors.
                      Yep, RGIII had 1100 less yards and won OROY. We know how that turned out.

Comment

• 21&500
                        Bolt Spit-Baller
                        • Sep 2018
                        • A Whale's Vajayjay
                        • CMB refugee
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
                        It is a meaningless record though. There are more important things to be worked up over. Today’s game was not one of them. Though I suppose you could have argued that Herbert shouldn’t really have played at all today given our OL issues.
                        presching to the choir
                        if it were up to me I would have Herbert riding pine but that’s the point
                        The record is as meaningful/meaningless as the game itself, pursuing a record that your guys could rally around and take away a sense of accomplishment is as good a reason to play as any.
                        so if Lynn wants to pretend to be above stat padding go for it, but for all the good JH has been for the team this year, Lynn could have easily given his a few more opportunities
                        I wasn’t always a Lynn hater, but I’m convinced being bad at his job is the least of his criticisms, I believe he is discriminatory and unfair as a manager of people
                        and lastly I believe he purposely ran the ball to stick it to Herbert.
                        why? Why would he have anything against Herbert you might ask.
                        because Herbert’s incredible talent makes Lynn’s shortcomings as a coach that much more obvious

the man couldn’t even confidently say he deserved to remain the Chargers Hc when asked, see my signature
                        P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
                        P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
                        P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
                        P4. Obnoxious Communication - Henley

Comment

• SuperCharged
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Sep 2019
                          • Utah
                          • Midnight Toker
                          • Send PM

Another reason I despise Lynn. Herbert had a shot at the yardage record. Let him try and break it you lame ass coach. Notice Henry got fed. Lynn is just so bad. I have never thought he was a good coach the one good year was more Rivers than any coach.

Comment

Working...
                          X