• Show
Clear All
  • WindsorUK
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2013
    • Windsor, U.K.
    • Send PM

Burrow sounds a lot like PR.
    Great accuracy. Deadly in the mid range( over the backers, in front of the safeties).
    If the kid can come back healthy, Cincy should be alright for awhile.
    Still, JH appears to be the superior pro. TT did well there. Yeah for our team.

Comment

• like54ninjas
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Oct 2017
      • Great White North
      • Draftnik
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

You are just a stubborn stats guy. You dont know or care about factors that mean nothing for some of these stats. Go ahead and ignore other QBs stats that were worse as rookies .

Im done reading repeated BS that means little to your arguements.

I dont care about 20 yard completions or YPA that is around where other rookie QBs were before him. Herberts is .5 better. Lucks was .3 better. BFD.

He is a rookie who has had WAY better seasons than other rookies who are pro bowlers.
      There is nothing wrong with his arm! Holy fucking shit bro, Brees arm is not strong and he leads the league in most career passing yards ever. Rivers, they guy you argue about over and over doesnt have a great arm is #5.

Just Done!
      Good decision.
      My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
      K9
      Nasir
      Tillery
      Parham
      Reed

Comment

• Critty
        Dominate the Day.
        • Mar 2019
        • Send PM

Why leave out all the other throws. Most throws a QB make are under 20yds.

And Burrow ranks in top 5 in intermediate throws this year
        Top 5 per next gen stats.

And even though it's PFF. They grade him for this season as the 2nd best intermediate thrower since 2006. That is comparing a rookie QB to 15 seasons worth of QBs and he already is one of the most precise passer ever according to their rankings.

Josh Allen has the strongest arm in the league and last year he ranked as one of the worst deep ball passers 24.1% completions.
        And guess what the guy with the weak arm did
        Brees completed 48% of his deep passes last year.
        Mishew has a weak arm..he completed 49% last year.

Garopollo not a great arm and he threw the fewest deep passes last year but with by far the best results. 61.3% set up by the run game and play action.

You know who completed most deep passes last year.
        Jameis Winston.

QB play is more then just throws over 20yd. And a player resume is more than just 10 games worth of deep throws as a rookie QB drafted by the worst team in the league.
        You have to know QB play is so much more than arm strength and connecting on the deep pass.
        Who has it better than us?

Comment

• Critty
          Dominate the Day.
          • Mar 2019
          • Send PM

:below:
          OT%(on target) Comp%.
          Think the kid will be okay on the deep pass. Think you underrated Jalen Hurts too. And over rated Eason.
          The below numbers are why Herbert was available at #6.

Capture10.JPG

Burrow has continue to be great at the short and intermediate.
          He started off slow on the deep pass but then got the deep ball going.

As you can see Week 1-5 he was on target 7/22 but only 1 completion.
          A few drops of those 7 targets. And a drop TD pass too.The drops made it look even worse.
          Then Week 6, 7, 8 on target 9/12 back to his college accuracy and completed 6/12 again back to his college accuracy.
          I give Joe a break and say he needed 4 pre-season games to get his deep ball and chemistry with receivers going.
          But feel free to talk about arm strength issues as the reason he started off 1/22.

Capture11.JPG

Hey Chainy!.....My stats are better than yours.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!
          :anchorjump:

Comment

• Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

You are just a stubborn stats guy.

You dont know or care about factors that mean nothing for some of these stats. Go ahead and ignore other QBs stats that were worse as rookies .

Let me ask,... If Herbert breaks the rookie yards record, are you going to acknowledge his many passes for an average of 40 passes a game( which you used for Burrow being on pace for it) to do it which will be over 600 for the season if he does,.... or are you going to relish it and tell us how you always said he was the best QB prospect last year?

Im done reading repeated BS that means little to your arguements.

I dont care about 20 yard completions or YPA that is around where other rookie QBs were before him. Herberts is .5 better. Lucks was .3 better. BFD.

He is a rookie who has had WAY better seasons than other rookies who are pro bowlers.
            There is nothing wrong with his arm! Holy fucking shit bro, Brees arm is not strong and he leads the league in most career passing yards ever. Rivers, they guy you argue about over and over doesnt have a great arm is #5.

Just Done!
            For Pete's sake, put the word "rookie" away. Burrow may be a rookie and I have already stated that I think he is likely to get better moving forward, but Burrow did not have a good season this season. That last part in bolded italic was my point about Burrow. If a QB finishes ranked 27th in passer rating, then that QB did not have a good season relative to the other QBs. That was my point and it is correct. My statement had nothing to do with rookies.

I want Herbert to break the rookie record for passing yardage more because I see it as a positive thing for the team and fans to latch onto and celebrate than anything else. I think it is more impressive for Herbert than it would have been for Burrow because Herbert does have an okay YPA. A .5 difference in YPA is actually pretty significant just as it is for YPC. And I certainly would agree with anyone noting that Lynn's stupid short WR screen passes have hurt Herbert's YPA, so it is not what it once was earlier in the season when he was shredding New Orleans, Tampa Bay and Jacksonville.

Lynn's poor game plans represent one of the main reasons I want him gone after tomorrow's game.

I never said that Burrow's lack of arm strength would prevent him from playing QB in the NFL or would even prevent him from being effective at some point. But it is absolute nonsense if you think he is even average at longer passes. The guy probably has the lowest percentage of 20+ yard completions per attempt among all starting QBs in the entire NFL. That whole 2 for 25 thing to start his career on passes of 20+ air yards is very telling.

He could develop other aspects of his game to cover for his deficiency in that area, but to pretend that the deficiency does not exist is just wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by Critty View Post
              :below:
              OT%(on target) Comp%.
              Think the kid will be okay on the deep pass. Think you underrated Jalen Hurts too. And over rated Eason.
              The below numbers are why Herbert was available at #6.

https://www.sharpfootballanalysis.co...gins-aj-green/

Capture10.JPG

Burrow has continue to be great at the short and intermediate.
              He started off slow on the deep pass but then got the deep ball going.

As you can see Week 1-5 he was on target 7/22 but only 1 completion.
              A few drops of those 7 targets. And a drop TD pass too.The drops made it look even worse.
              Then Week 6, 7, 8 on target 9/12 back to his college accuracy and completed 6/12 again back to his college accuracy.
              I give Joe a break and say he needed 4 pre-season games to get his deep ball and chemistry with receivers going.
              But feel free to talk about arm strength issues as the reason he started off 1/22.

Capture11.JPG

Hey Chainy!.....My stats are better than yours.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!
              :anchorjump:
              Critty, it is a joke that you are citing college stats as proof of anything. Anyone could see that Burrow was shooting fish in a barrel in his final season at LSU. There were lots of floated throws to very wide open receivers. Anyone should have been able to figure out that Burrow was not going to be able to make those same throws effectively in the NFL.

Also, nobody is saying that Burrow literally cannot throw the ball 20+ yards in the air. He can complete some of those passes. My point is that due to his limited arm strength, I expected him (and said so before the season began) to struggle in that area versus the average NFL QB and he clearly did struggle.

I think that issue also affected his TD% where he is currently ranked 30th.

You left out Burrow's long pass stats in his final two games against PIT and WAS. Gee, I can't imagine why you would have done that. (Sarcasm.)

0-7 on long pass attempts versus the Jags! LMAO!!!

Comment

• Critty
                Dominate the Day.
                • Mar 2019
                • Send PM

Chainy.
                i provided the link. You do realize It was an article from before those two games. As you can see I didn't leave it out. It wasn't part of it. But I went and looked. He had a bad day vs Pitt and was having a solid day vs Wash. But I could not find the OT throws. So I counted completion only. Think he was awful at pitt 1 of 9 and was solid vs Wash 3 of 7. Steelers have the #1 sack and pressure defense in league. I give the rookie a break facing Steelers for the 1st time. You won't. I get that. It would hurt your arguement to give context of 28th pass blocking line vs best pass rush team and the rookie had a tough day.

BTW
                Burrow avg air yards per attempt this season. 8.2 ranks 10th.
                Burrow accuracy rating #9

Herbert avg air yards per attempt this season. 7.3 ranks 25th.
                Herbert accuracy rating #22

​​​That Burrow accuracy is.going to serve him well, his whole career, even in the deep pass where he will be on target at a high rate just like college. And it had nothing to do with talent around him at LSU. His accuracy is an individual talent. And the proof is he ranks 2nd most accurate on passes less than 20yds since 2006. He brought his accuracy to the Bengals. He didn't leave it at LSU.

So we have you on record as Herbert wasn't worth drafting even though you had him as best of a group you didn't like.
                You have Burrow as overrated and Hurts as not anything to speak of. You have been wrong on each and everyone so far.
                And it's only going to get worse for you as the years go on. As these QBs become pro bowl players in the league.

We can bet now if you want. In the next 3 years both Burrow and Hurts will make pro bowl is my take. Do you want to take the other side?

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Dec 2019
                  • Send PM

Shefter just reported that he thinks Lynn will be gone as head coach with significant changes in order

See how true he is tomorrow

Shefter used the same narrative about Lynn: Well respected in the league, in the building, dealt with a lot of injuries (yada yada yada). My giess The Chargers used Shefter to suggest he might be fired but only to give him one more year.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                    Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                    • Feb 2019
                    • McLean Illinois
                    • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                    • Send PM

I hope they fire Lynn, just so fleet and crew can clean up all these fire Lynn threads, and we can talk about something else....
                    The TPB makes plans....And Jim Harbaugh laughs...

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB, Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post
                      Shefter just reported that he thinks Lynn will be gone as head coach with significant changes in order

See how true he is tomorrow

Shefter used the same narrative about Lynn: Well respected in the league, in the building, dealt with a lot of injuries (yada yada yada). My giess The Chargers used Shefter to suggest he might be fired but only to give him one more year.
                      Not what I saw. I saw Shefter report injuries that Lynn had to overcome as some of the most in the league, which to me meant he may stay.

​​​​​​

Comment

• Critty
                        Dominate the Day.
                        • Mar 2019
                        • Send PM

One other thing when look at Hebert vs Burrow.
                        Burrow receivers rank #52 in separation on deep pass while Herbert reciever rank #21

I wonder how a QB recievers could rank #52 when there are only 32 teams. It has to do with 74 QBs have thrown passes this year. And 51 of them had better separation by reciever on deep passes than Burrow gets.

And on shorter throws Burrow reciever rank 30th in separation and Herbert reciever rank 28th.

So Burrow is also throwing into tighter windows than Herbert.

And the supporting cast rank for Hebert is #17
                        And Burrow has #29

So neither have a top 14 team playoff caliber supporting cast.

So Burrow ranking 2nd best ever since 2006 on intermediate passes is having a bad season for a rookie? He is showcasing the accuracy thatade him worth the #1 pick. Period.
                        And his deep pass are into tighter windows than others. That might have a little to do with that so called telling stat of 2 for 25 to start career. And he had more on target throws but they were dropped. That brings the number down as well. But since then he has been hitting a much better percentage and that with one of the worst teams in league.

You point out that stat. But you know darn well, line play and reciever speration and drops all impact the number. But you don't include the context. You just claim the stat is telling and back up you opinion. It's called cherry picking. That what you just did to prove your point. You failed.

Again Chainy. My stats are better than yours.

Lets bet. Burrow will be a pro bowl QB by year 3 of his career. And he will routinely be one of the most accurate passers in the league over his entire career, including the deep pass.
                        Do you want to take the bet?

:fight:

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Dec 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Not what I saw. I saw Shefter report injuries that Lynn had to overcome as some of the most in the league, which to me meant he may stay.

​​​​​​
                          That is true - I took it that he thinks Lynn might be gone but reasons he might be kept, same old same: well respected in the building, too many injuries.

Glazer reported that Lynn meets tomorrow and the expectation is Lynn will be fired

To me, its Mark Jackson with the WArriors. He took them from one playoff in 17 years, through the Curry Klay Green building process, two playoffs but they saw he maybe had reached his peak. Kerr took over, granted those players were also in peak years and 5 years in a row for the title

Lynn took the team from LA, good in the community, well respected in the building - year 2 - they won a lot of close games with Rivers, James, Bosa, Allen, Mike Williams - a lot of close games. But the last two years - lost too many close games and his coaching deficiencies are showing up. And looking ahead, they probably will stillb e there

Comment

Working...
                          X