• like54ninjas
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Oct 2017
    • Great White North
    • Draftnik
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Lol, yes,....
    I don't have strong opinions on HCs. Just a few I'd be ok with but just not into quitters like Urban who blames it on his health.

He just seems a sore loser which contributes to his health but if losing gives him ulcers,. Etc, He won't do well here and I just see him quitting again. No NFL team is going 16-0 or 15-1 every year like they do in college...which I know is actually 12-0,12-1

For me it isn't about his coaching ability. Whoever they choose I'll support but I do expect the cheap hire.
    If he burns out after 5 seasons with a SB victory or two, I wouldn’t care.
    Seems Urban is going to Jacksonville so we will see Mondayish is AL will be back or not.
    My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
    K9
    Nasir
    Tillery
    Parham
    Reed

Comment

• gzubeck
      Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
      • Jan 2019
      • Tucson, AZ
      • Send PM

We don't need Meyer...Day took over and hasn't looked back nor ohio state....as a matter of fact I'd rather have a younger Day than a sickly Meyer. Day isn't going anywhere for at least a couple of years so... Next coach up!

:cheers:
      Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Bolt-O
        Administrator
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

If Lynn gets fired, he's a shoe in for a job at the league office. His wife would appreciate that.

Comment

• Critty
          Dominate the Day.
          • Mar 2019
          • Send PM

The only thing I see in the Jay Glazer reporting that leaves an opening in a Lynn return is that he phrased it as I think he is gone. He didn't claim to have source. Or say for sure gone. But he had him on his list of coaches that will be done.
          He had Pederson and Taylor as safe. Nagy as a maybe. And then 6 coaches as done. 3 interim HCs and Lynn, Gase and Marrone.
          We shall see how it all plays out.
          The other reporting seems to put Lynn in the maybe category and not the done Glazer has him in.
          Who has it better than us?

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

If he burns out after 5 seasons with a SB victory or two, I wouldn’t care.
            Seems Urban is going to Jacksonville so we will see Mondayish is AL will be back or not.
            I was thinking 2 tops.

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post
              We don't need Meyer...Day took over and hasn't looked back nor ohio state....as a matter of fact I'd rather have a younger Day than a sickly Meyer. Day isn't going anywhere for at least a couple of years so... Next coach up!

:cheers:
              The thing about college football is when a coach gets fired or quits, the next guy is playing with the previous coaches recruits.
              His recruits don't show up for a couple years asside from a freshman here or there.
              Days guys will show up next season after Fields is gone. But being The Ohio St University, whoever it is will do OK recruiting.

Still, teams like Miami and Florida st have had better days, then got new coaches. Michigan... Apparently Harbaugh isn't much of a recruiter.

Comment

• gzubeck
                Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                • Jan 2019
                • Tucson, AZ
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

The thing about college football is when a coach gets fired or quits, the next guy is playing with the previous coaches recruits.
                His recruits don't show up for a couple years asside from a freshman here or there.
                Days guys will show up next season after Fields is gone. But being The Ohio St University, whoever it is will do OK recruiting.

Still, teams like Miami and Florida st have had better days, then got new coaches. Michigan... Apparently Harbaugh isn't much of a recruiter.
                Regardless...Day passes any litmus test in team preparation! With Lynn as coach he would have had gus in max picket fence and Lawrence having a field day running for first downs and a 65-10 blowout. LOL!
                Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• SBbound
                  Casual fanatic
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Merced/San Diego
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
                  If Lynn gets fired, he's a shoe in for a job at the league office. His wife would appreciate that.
                  Why is he a shoe in for a league gig?

Comment

• richpjr
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Nashville
                    • Send PM

One thing about Meyer is that he has always build really solid coaching staffs and puts the team in a great position even when he does move on. No Stewarts dragging down his staff.

Comment

• Originally posted by BoltUp InLA View Post
                      College PFF stats shows the unreal growth that Herbert has had under this current coaching staff versus just last season while at Oregon. There is certainly a very good reason why Herbert was one of the more polarizing QBs to come out of the draft in recent memory. He would occasionally make wow throws, but he would also miss on plenty of throws and miss reads as well. Herbert was definitely not a finished product coming out of college and he still has some ways to go to reach elite, but it should be undeniable about the overall impact this coaching staff has had in his early development. This current coaching staff has not been perfect, few if any has been, but they have done some very nice things to build upon for sure.
                      Lynn is the worst head coach in the NFL. Herbert has done well in spite of Lynn's poor coaching in terms of deciding his starters, player management, game plans, in game tactical decisions and time management. Lynn gets zero credit for what Herbert has done. This team would be in the playoffs and Herbert would be getting playoff experience this season but for Lynn's poor coaching.

Comment

• KrazyLegs
                        Registered Dude
                        • Sep 2018
                        • Westminster, MA
                        • Send PM

Rookie passing record in reach?

Let's dial up a run on 10 of the last 12 plays. Sweet.

Comment

• Originally posted by KrazyLegs View Post
                          Rookie passing record in reach?

Let's dial up a run on 10 of the last 12 plays. Sweet.
                          He was sitting at 284 with us taking possession at our own 42. I was hoping for a 58 yard TD pass (for the record by 2 yards), but I fully expected the ignorant turtle from Lynn and company.

Comment

Working...
                          X