Comment

• 21&500
      Bolt Spit-Baller
      • Sep 2018
      • A Whale's Vajayjay
      • CMB refugee
      • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

1. Rivers did not fall off of a cliff. His OL was below average to terrible for a dozen straight years, and the terrible end of that equation (as happened in 2019) does not work well with a great, but immobile QB.

2. I am not one of the people advocating for Bieniemy, who, in my view, has done nothing but ride the coattails of Reid.

3. You write as if there were no practices in addition to there being no preseason. As I have questioned previously and Cowherd echoed today, how in the world could Lynn not see how much better Herbert is than Taylor before the season started? Seriously, that should have taken just about one practice. There is zero excuse for that.

4. This team has talent and yet Lynn has guided the team to a 6-15 mark in its past 21 games, including 2-10 in its past 12 games. Meanwhile, since the start of last season, the team is 3-13 in games decided by one score, games where coaching can be a much greater factor in the outcome.

5. I blame the HC when we come out flat as a pancake (week 3), when we lose three games in 4 weeks in which we had a double digit lead in the second half after our opponent makes superior adjustments at the half than we do, when we are 2-10 in our last 12 games under the head coach, when we are 6-15 since the start of the 2019 season, and when we are 3-13 in one score games since the start of last season.

6. We have way too much talent on this team to have that kind of record. Our QB is a top 10 QB right now and that certainly was not anticipated going into the season. That means the expectations for Lynn for this team should be raised from what we thought at the beginning of the year. Yet, how many of us had 3-13 as our prediction? Well, that is what we are on pace to accomplish.

6. Lynn is a liability as an in game tactician.

7. Lynn does not excel as a coach with great attention to detail.
      We’re lock step here (for the first time)
      but I want to emphasize 3
      this is disturbing
      im sure Herbert has gotten better since preseason
      but jeez, the gap in talent and ability is tremendous
      I don’t know which scenario is more concerning

1. Lynn couldn’t see it
      2. or as other have suggested (and I’ve argued against) Lynn is that blatantly biased he was willing to uphold his belief in Taylor over what he knew to be superior ability

this is the opposite of competition
      P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
      P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
      P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
      P4. Obnoxious Communication - Henley

Comment

• Boltdiehard
        The Precious
        • May 2019
        • Send PM

Not a big Cowherd fan but he absolutely nailed it today and ripped Lynn and Chargers ownership.

Lynn has to go I’ll roll the dice and doubt I’ll be eating crow on this one.

Comment

• BigBad
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Sep 2019
          • Send PM

I've been annoyed with Lynn's handling of Herbert but here is the devil's advocate. The media is constantly saying how Herbert has faced the gauntlet of Mahomes, Brady, and Brees. Maybe just maybe Lynn sees that schedule and says "F that, let's work the kid in around the 6th week mark." Maybe he was worried that getting worked over could kill the confidence, especially with no mini camp or preseason.

Comment

• Boltdiehard
            The Precious
            • May 2019
            • Send PM

Coach Lynn is 6-15 going back to the beginning of last year and 0-13 in one score games during the same time period.

Comment

• Caslon
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Apr 2019
              • Send PM

I feel for Lynn, being a run minded head coach and having to deal with O-line injuries and underperforming run blockers. Expecting an outstanding X factor and change of pace running back to carry the load after a well deserved increase in pay is extremely disappointing to me. Look at all the other teams who had something similar in Ekeler (Patriots for one). All of them had a cow bell RB and their "Ekeler" thrived in such a role.

Comment

• chris9341
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2013
                • Send PM

All I know is after watching last nights fiasco with the horrendous play calling at the end of the game Lynn needs to go. You have a QB who is playing lights out for you and it's like you have no confidence in him to lead your team down the field for the gw winning score. 41 secs left to go and you call a run play and in turn have to waste a timeout.

Comment

• richpjr
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Nashville
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltdiehard View Post
                  Coach Lynn is 6-15 going back to the beginning of last year and 0-13 in one score games during the same time period.
                  Come on now, he isn't 0-13, he is 2-13 in one score games! He is also 0-7 in the division since then.

I highly doubt they make a change mid-season, so this upcoming 5 game stretch after the bye will be to save his job. If we go 4-1 and even our record at .500, he may salvage it. If we struggle against the bad team in the easy part of our schedule, he'll make the decision easy on the front office. I personally have seen enough and while he seems popular with the players, he just isn't getting it done on the field.

Comment

• beachcomber
                    & ramblin' man
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

when I wonder about/ponder re: Lynn's football philosophy.... three words come to mind:

blocking wide receiver
                    5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• AZBolt
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Mar 2019
                      • Send PM

I considered the notion that you raised, but I do not see a conflict in my position in this instance. I see Herbert making amazing big plays as the reason for our early leads. I see him often doing this in spite of poor play calling. I think their early leads would be greater with a better offensive scheme. I see Lynn as dragging the team down with his running emphasis, especially on first down as was the case last night. We turtle when we have the chance to put our opponent away while they are on their heels. We play not to lose on offense and defense and we lose--almost every time.

How many times do we give up late points in the first half when we suddenly go into a softer zone, always leaving more time on the clock than the defense being played would allow to expire. It is so frequent that I expect it in every game. I disagree with the strategy altogether. I think we should step on the neck of our opponent and put them away. With more aggressive play calling, we easily could have been up by 24 points at the half last night.

Then, there is the failure to handle the adjustments of our opponents, which is clearly on Lynn. This is so bad that we go from dominating to being dominated. It is ridiculous and yet it has become the norm.
                      Basically true....... I so miss those days of Air Coryell when he never took the foot off the gas and aimed for perfection to the last detail.

Comment

• NoMoreChillies
                        Outback Goon
                        • Sep 2018
                        • Australia
                        • Send PM

I considered the notion that you raised, but I do not see a conflict in my position in this instance. I see Herbert making amazing big plays as the reason for our early leads. I see him often doing this in spite of poor play calling. I think their early leads would be greater with a better offensive scheme. I see Lynn as dragging the team down with his running emphasis, especially on first down as was the case last night. We turtle when we have the chance to put our opponent away while they are on their heels. We play not to lose on offense and defense and we lose--almost every time.

How many times do we give up late points in the first half when we suddenly go into a softer zone, always leaving more time on the clock than the defense being played would allow to expire. It is so frequent that I expect it in every game. I disagree with the strategy altogether. I think we should step on the neck of our opponent and put them away. With more aggressive play calling, we easily could have been up by 24 points at the half last night.

Then, there is the failure to handle the adjustments of our opponents, which is clearly on Lynn. This is so bad that we go from dominating to being dominated. It is ridiculous and yet it has become the norm.
                        you see no conflict becuase you expect the backups to play at the same level as the starters. I dont. As for Herbert making "amazing big plays" who do you think calls those plays? Who coached him from college shotgun QB into the under center play action stud we see today? Chargers coaches have taken backup players and kept every game they played close. That says alot more then getting blown out by 30 points.

The silver lining is: our backups will be very experienced when our starters return and the talk will be how good our depth is.

Comment

• JOJAX85
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Sep 2018
                          • Irmo, SC
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by AZBolt View Post

Basically true....... I so miss those days of Air Coryell when he never took the foot off the gas and aimed for perfection to the last detail.
                          I say we get back to that. We just need a giant plow horse with glasses & a cocaine habit.

Muncie was a stud.

Comment

Working...
                          X